thomasjeffersons veranda

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by donothinggardening, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Yeah it's not something I like to focus on.. I like to think that it's not too late and humans can still leave a positive impact :unsure: IIRC, you were big into restoration agriculture, right plaid? I'm kinda heading in a similar direction. Thinking restoration biology and sustainable agriculture or horticulture. At least as far as what kinda degree I want to pursue. Of course that changes often lol.

2. Colors on that plant are awsome thomas!

CW

3. #3063 donothinggardening, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015
    Lmao! I thought this post was informative and comical at the same time. Thanks poke and IgnorantFool!

Attached Files:

4. Hahah! But why would it be considered trafficking?
    I would imagine it purely depends on the state laws this is happening in.

If you took some goodies to someone in CO and it is gifted, is that against the law there?

If I were to pass someone greenery that is smokable and no cash it traded it is a possession law rather than sale and distribution.

Still, funny! Dont wanna clog up your thread in the nonsense but I was curious about that after reading it lol

I'm glad to see that you are considering that educational pursuit. I've been working on my grandkids about the problems that will come up during their life time. My generation and my kids generation have totally screwed up the planet for the coming generation. Education is the best hope to be able to do something constructive about the problems.

I've done what I can to be a honorable steward of this planet but I've only got 20 acres that I control. Not much of an impact so I'm sorry for what we will leave to the future generations of the planet.

6. #3066 donothinggardening, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015
    Idk that Grasscity really adheres to any state's laws in the US. GC is based in Amsterdam, right? They have their own rules on here. They aren't going to report you to the authorities as a drug trafficker :p more likely they will just ban you from the forums.

It's pretty cool to see how quickly different ecosystems can be restored to their natural beauty and efficiency. That Ted Talks video that I posted yesterday is a really cool story about a revitalized wetland. Makes me hopeful that things can change. Folks like plaid who can look past the imaginary 'economy' and see what is really important make me hopeful.

Keep working with the grandkids. They might not realize the importance now, but your lessons will probably stick with them forever. :)

Yeah Man, good memory.  Regenerative Agriculture!   I believe what we call Organic Gardening, is the only way to sustainably feed the entire planet.  Organic Gardening uses 5-10 times less water, Does not require expensive chemicals, actually creates Jobs(something desperatley needed in, everywhere).  

And to top it all off, it connects people to the Land in a way that Forces you to think about Sustainable practices, and makes people care about the health of the earth.  At least locally, and it's gotta start somewhere.

I won't go off on this one, lol

Take care

Plaid

PlaidBee's Indoor/OrganicThread

8. Hey I was looking to buy/build some plant dollys.  I was also considering Bottom feeding the root pouches.  I've heard people getting great results with this method.  Thoughts?

I get to do a bunch of Modifications to my Short Box today!  I'm gonna be dividing it into 2.5 ft, and 1.5 ft, so I can have mothers in/on one side, and Veggers on the other.  I'm gonna be adding a Shelf in the Larger side to Hold a Progagation tray/dome.  These t-5's are so Versitile I can really get creative.  They actually end up saving you quite a bit of space because you can put the tubes like an inch or two away from the canopy.   :hello:   So with the top third of the box empty, I have room to put a shelf and a 2 ft. T-5. =)  

Take it easy man.

Plaid

PlaidBee's Indoor/OrganicThread

9. Dude, if anything this would be the place to go off about organic farming :p :hello:

I'm totally with ya. I think it'd be pretty awesome to run a small farm one day :D like you say, gotta start somewhere.

How heavy-duty are you talking? have seen some massive plant dollies lol. Watering from the bottom is what I do 90% of the time. Works great! I take the root pouches and place them on top of a basin that is filled with some sort of porous media (like perlite, lava rock etc) that wicks water from the basin up to the root pouch. It's called an SIP for Sub-Irrigated Planter.

Dude, that sounds like an awesome idea! When you get it done, feel free to post up some pics :D would be interested to see how you do it. :smoke:

10. I use kitty litter pans from the Dollar Store. A buck each and just about right for a 7 gallon pot.

11. Cost my ass three at DG. But 7s fit perfecto...

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

12. Howdy Thomas! Happy Friday!

13. Happy saturday deez! Man, been working my ass off this week. This beer is well deserved. Same with this bong hit :smoke:

Eyedea & Abilities - Exhausted Love: http://youtu.be/5ihPJalSieE

hope you had a good week man and a doubly spectacular weekend thus far.

Atmosphere - The Best Day: http://youtu.be/oMBMgxUw6YQ

14. Heck yeah man! Enjoy it. ;)

15. Happy sunday, folks! :wave: got some random news lol. That Golden Goat clone I have.. well it might not be the goat. The dude I got it from had some mislabeling with that round of clones. This one might be purple pink lady crossed with cough. I will know for sure once I flip her because the PPLxC is apparently a major stretcher. Anyway, gonna pick up a guaranteed goat later on today lol.

Also, I chopped down that krystalica plant last night :D :metal: will post a few pictures of some wet trimmed nugs in a bit :yay:

16. Alright, Ive heard good things about the Goat...sounds like some great smoke. 

I also looked up the label, and it was Kalishkanova from GHS, I was gifted mine though. 

I posted a question in the Minions thread, but since your online now. How much intake is too much iyo?

17. #3077 donothinggardening, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015
    It is :D very excited to see what it might taste like when grown in this soil :metal:

Ahh ok. I thought it was the Kalichakra :D kinda similar name lol

Are you talking forced intake? i would say you can't habe too much fresh air. Just whatever you could afford to do while maintaining stealth factor and lightproofing. If forced, I would think it good to have a fan the same size as your exhaust fan :unsure:

18. That's kinda what I thought, well I thought your exhaust should be a little bigger. I was wondering if I could be pushing to much cool air into my veggin area. 

19. I'm using passive intake only and it seems to be fine. Then too, my exhaust is way oversized so I could run the fan at less than full speed for stealth.

20. I replied on my Porch Chef...didn't wanna clog up Tj's thread with my nonsense :)