Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking while sick?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by pearl1337, Feb 9, 2014.

1. #1 pearl1337, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2014
    Hey guys :D
    So I was just wondering, I caught a cold today and was thinking what would happen if I smoked a spliff?
    I don't feel like complete shit, but I have a sore throat and I cough a little bit, and my nose is running like shit, but nothing bad. I've done this before, but the last time I was having a really bad cold and I couldn't swallow anything, but the weed helped me, anyway, it's not as bad this time, would it still be worth it? Should I roll a joint instead?

I don't have really dank shit, but it's still way above mids, its indica

2. When I get sick and smoke I cough my ass off.  But then I get my vaporizer out and don't cough at all.  Works better for me that way!!!

3. I wouldn't smoke mids when sick. Indica would be great for a cold though. The harshness of mids always fucks up my throat and gives me a mild headache when I'm sober but I can get past it and enjoy what mids are...sick, not so much.

Maybe just hit somebody up and pay 20/g just to get some good medicine and actually use it for that purpose?

I love smoking when sick. I just forget about my sore throat...it's still there. It still hurts but I conveniently "forget" about it :p

4. It fucks with my headache, but makes me forget about my nose being fucked up lol

5. No don't do it! I had a cold and I smoked for about 3 days before it turned into a horrible flu.
    Take some of that cold medicine and rest a lot.

6. don't smoke when you are sick. you will pass out from coughing bro (jokes)
    but edibles, on the other hand, might help you feel better.

i almost never eat edibles, too unpredictable. but my friends and I would get some edibles when we are sick. It helps me fall asleep better.
    all the congestion and headaches wouldn't matter because it, with enough potency, will knock you off your feet. I usually get a good 6 hours naps from 1/2 of a 500mg brownie :p. real medicines right here! 

7. I wouldn't. It'll just make you feel more tired and shitty.