First Grow, needing a liitle help to piece it all together

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Stoned_Stew_UK, Feb 9, 2014.

If you can add a bit of dry soil and help the babies from falling down it would help. I see a seedling like that and I want to adopt it for 2 weeks and send it home fat and happy.

You will get it dialed in, good luck.

Nice hood by the way...

2. #22 Stoned_Stew_UK, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2014
    Thanks for the comment on the hood,
    feel free to use the design or link to it if anyone is looking for diy hood designs :)

Yea i will get them propped up asap, thanks for the info!
    I could probably do with a little circulating fan on them to help to strengthen them up ( its on my shopping list next time i go out lol)

I know there shouldn't be 2 plants per pot either, but there is one strong one weak plant in each pot, when they show sex i'll give any males the snip, snip.... If non are male ill just LST them to their own side of the pot and see how they go!
    If the weaker ones dont look good, i'll prob snip them and LST the remaining plants over to the free side of the pot too! (I'm kinda working on an "expect casualties" basis lol)

3. nice set up dude i dig it.

4. sorry bout your first couple weeks of your grow, but with that bad ass hood and set up, I think your plants should be growing amazing in no time! :D

5. Hi guys,

The weather here has perked up a little and yesterday temp inside the tent was getting close to 30C, so i have installed a 60mm 6v pc fan onto the edge of the light hood which is running off a multi voltage adapter. The adapter is switchable between 2/4/6/7.5/9/10/12v which also doubles as a simple stepped speed controller!

The position of the fan is blowing across the plants and they are gently being fluttered around which should hopefully help them to strengthen up too!

Other than that, nothing much to report, they are still growing but progress remains excruciatingly slow atm!

6. Nice I hope it works out! :)  If all else fails, I guess you could plant a couple new seeds, a fresh start.
    I just updated couple things as well, my plant is doing great :DDD So exciting

7. I was kinda contemplating starting with some good seeds...
    But think ill wait and see how they go for a couple more weeks first, just incase they decide to explode into life!

8. Nice journals Jumper, had a quick glance at them...
    I will defiantly have a good look later when i have more time to read through them

9. Right... I've decided I'm gonna move my tent on Mon, atm I'm just setting up the space so i can just 'plug & play' the tent!

It was a nice fit where it is but i just cant get in front of the tent to do anything, i have to lean through the door (which is on the side), unzip the tent then lean through the cupboard door into the tent to do anything...
    When the tent was empty i could kneel in the tent (like a dumbass i didn't think what i'd do when there were plants in it lmfao)
    It makes it very awkward to do anything, even clipping the new light in was a ball ache as I'm leaning off balance and trying to lift or move things, it just isn't working lol!

Ive found a better space, the tent will have to be laid on its side though so it will be wide and low, but if they do finally start to bush i will need to SCROG them, but will have lots of length to do it in!
    But more importantly i'll be able to sit in front of the tent and move around lmao!

Oh, checked in on them just now and they are looking darker green than before (think my light was still a bit far from them)

10. nice happy to hear :D, hope all goes well dude! Peace.

11. also you should look up fim. (stands for ''fuck I missed'')
    I just did it today, so in couple days ill give update on how well It worked.
    basically its topping, but gives a lot more colas, it is best method for scrog :DDD fim a plant 2-3 times, you have a insane amount of top colas :D

12. #33 Stoned_Stew_UK, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2014
    Yea, i read about that a bit ago.
    Like pruning but instead of cutting just below the nodes you kinda cut them in half or something, causes each node to split (or something like that)

Sounds interesting, i would try it on half of them... if there was enough growth to cut any off and still have a plant instead of just a stalk left lol
    Im just gonna leave em to it this time round and see what happens!

I decided to stick one of the new F1 seeds into a peat pill this morning.... Just to see if my prob with the others was the early lighting or just seed age related! ( the bagseed i used is between 7-10 years old)

[edit]
    I've ordered an hps grow bulb from ebay (Masterblaster dual spectrum).
    i decided to pull one of my high bay lights out of the barn yesterday afternoon (they are 600w hps units) to use in the tent.
    I'm also in R&D with my cfl mk2 hood which will be 4 bulbs side by side... Pics of that and plan will be uploaded when its finished (i'll make it evenly balanced this time as not everyone likes them off balanced)
    [/edit]

13. Hey man hows your grow going!?

14. #35 Stoned_Stew_UK, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2014
    Hey dude,
    Got the tent moved as planned on mon...
    They are moving along but still very slowly, still at 3 leaf sets (but they are getting bigger)
    Hps bulb turned up this afternoon, but i dont think it will be going in whilst the tent is on its side i have a feeling there isnt enough height and it will just fry them, lol

The F1 seed i put in the airing cupboard to germ on the 23rd hasnt even split shell yet either lol

I'm tinkering around with a metal locker style cabinet i picked up free on gumtree... Thinking of making a stealth cab to start seedlings in then i can keep a better eye on them!
    Its the bottom half of this http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/60250798/ in pale grey

I will get some new pics up of my pathetic seedlings tomorrow!

15. As promised, new pics of my plants....

In pic order:
    1. First and strongest plant... As its a good 1" taller than the rest it got a bit close to the lights the last couple of days and started to curl (no burn marks though, thankfully i had the T5 above it at the time)
    2. Second strongest.
    3. First of the weaker 2, seems to have about caught up growth wise now!
    4. The one i accidentally damaged moving from propagator to tent. Its sorted itself out and caught up too :)

Compared with the last pics i posted, yes they are doing well.
    Considering my plants are 7-10 older than yours 'Grandsouls' and compared with your baby... Well there appears that something just aint going well!

When i moved the tent i had to repot them in to shallower pots, whilst i was at it i mixed in some perlite for drainage. Now they are drying out properly and im watering every couple of days with plain water!

Before that i was watering about 10-12 days, but even then the compost was still quite moist!

If anyone has any idea why my plants arent doing well, please feel free to make suggestions as what needs changing!
    And no 'holy shit they are doing crap' if you dont have anything constructive to say dont bother! (Present company excluded)

Attached Files:

16. I'm not sure man :( ! Maybe they are just done for, (Don't trust my judgement though, I just started too..) your plants look like mine that sprouted couple days ago..I dont see much wrong only thing I can think about right now, is what are the temps, and are you using tap or bottle water..The plant I planted before this one, it didnt sprout till 7 days, then it finally did sprout and it did not grow at all, and I figure its the water, I had same temp lights relfection and soil as this one, and this one is getting bottled water.. Check your ph levels, and or get bottle water, also take a temp. Last thing, it seems you might be watering to much, do not water until majority of soil is dry. Learn to pick your pots up, do not water until its very light. After water and then lift it up right after again. And after thinking of it your plants look quite droopy and and swollen, which are both signs of over watering.
    Hope I helped at lease a bit. Sorry bout this guy, it sucks :( I think if there are no improvements within this week, I would get a fresh start, new seeds. But now that i studied your pics more, they seem to be over watered. And check your ph level! :smoke: Sorry this was so poorly written, its 5 in the morning and I have not slept in like 40 hrs x D.

17. #39 Stoned_Stew_UK, Feb 26, 2014
    Hey dude,
    Just checked on the f1 seed and that popped last night, so will soon have a comparison!

They are a little droopy as they shot up a bit quick at start and couldnt support themselves, i had them propped up before i moved the tent.
    They dont look as bad as the pics make them tbh lol... I never was any good with a camera!
    The only one thats a little sickly is that first pic where its started to curl from being too close to the light! The others look quite perky in real life.

Im not sure if i 'activley' overwatered them, but more the compost was retaining too much water and not letting them breathe properly ( i didnt notice when i bought it, but it has that 'moisture lock' crap in it) i seem to have that fixed since adding perlite 50/50 with the compost!

Before moving:
    Day temp around 26C or 78/79F
    Night temp around 15C or 59F (10-11c for a couple of nights during a cold snap)
    After Mon move:
    Day temp around 20C or 68F
    Night temp around 12C or 53/54F

Water is from rain water runoff tubs which i also use for my fruit n veg in my greenhouse!

PH.... Err... Not testing, trying to avoid getting that involved tbh!
    Theoretically slightly off neutral on the acidic side, estimate between 5 & 7 based on compost used and using rainwater (which is slightly acidic)
    And when they are big enough to need nutes, i have Advance Nutrients PH Perfect, 3 part - veg/bloom/micro. No signs of nute deficiency, burn or lockout as yet.
    I suppose i should invest in a ph tester but i would like to avoid being that fanatical if i can help it! At the end of the day i can grow other stuff np without that kind of involvement so after a bit of a learning curve and adjustment don't see why i can't with this!

My plan with this stealth cab is to move it indoors where i can keep a better eye on things, where it is atm is not eaisly accessable for daily inspection so they are just left to it for 2 or 3 days at a time!

18. #40 Stoned_Stew_UK, Feb 26, 2014