good longboards?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by davida0829, Feb 6, 2014.

1. i love my pintail haha

2. #42 So_savage420, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2014
    Lol I can't do skateboarding I've tried and tried it's not for me I'm no good at it but I stated that already and the small testes....that's false.

Sent from my~★☆GALAX¥ $4☆★ U$ing Tapat@lk 4

3. I think long boarders are sexxxy..

4. sorry man im only messing with ya long boarding has its place just like skating does its all down to the riders preference any boarding is better than none to be fair

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Thanks!

For cruising and light bombing a flexy deck will be fine. Flex feels great for mid-low speed carving and pumping. If you're planning on going faster though (over 30-35) or gripping corners you'll want something stiffer and harder bushings in your trucks. There are so many good decks out there. Stand on a bunch of them and get what your feet like. Your tastes will change the better you get. Check out the Silverfish longboard forum for all kinds of info and opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. damn straight right back at ya 😎

Oo I know dude no need for a sorry it was all in good fun fellow blade! Exactly though we are all riders!

7. #47 So_savage420, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2014
    I had an original pintail that was my first board and boy them shits can carve like a motherfucker especially for being a beginner at the time. Once I was used to it though I had the best times carving down small hills it honestly felt like surfing only on concrete your so low to the ground. Feels so freeing...

8. fuck yeah man tear shit up, smoke shit up, REPEAT

9. Thanks :) been looking at a few landyachtz can't wait for warm weather now!

An Jesus didn't mean to start a huge debate lol blades an bladies need to chill :) burn one

10. will def check out that forum thanks man! An wish I could try out some decks saddly I'm in hillbilly-vill Wyoming lol no shops within 400+ miles next time I head to Denver for sure will try some out

11. Right on, Colorado has a huge longboard (and racing) scene. All the Madrid riders are there. They make sick decks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Op if you're looking to ride maybe go to zumiez at the mall and get a cheap complete skateboard and a cheap complete longboard. Maybe 125 give or take. I use to skateboard alot. I always loved skating fast and vert. Then when I got a longboard it was like why wasn't I doing this before. I can go way faster and cruising for long periods of time without pushing just enjoyingg the ride is pure bliss. 

If you get a longboard make sure you feel comfortable on it. Same with skateboard. Soft wheels grip better and ride smoother. Hard wheels slide better (if you're into that) and you feel the ground more.

As for skateboard decks go don't buy a 50-60 dollar board. You're paying for a brand name and a cool graphic. Don't buy a 10$ blank on Amazon either. Zumiez had some way nice 30ish dollar decks. Some brands are goodwood , think, mini logo

As for longboard decks don't over pay for a landyachtz. It's you're first board if you like it you'll upgrade later in life. 

Maybe post some links of some completes you like and  can tell you from there

13. thanks for the info. An yea ig it would be better to drop $50-$100 for a first board to see if I like it or not then dropping $250-250 for a board I'll only use once (hoping this isn't the case it looks to fun) will post some links a little later when I'm on a computer

14. #54 davida0829, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014
    Kick ass!! Bet there's some sick shops there then can't wait! Know any good shops in Denver Colorado?

15. Sector9 makes good longboards u can buy a complete or build your own, I've always enjoyed smaller boards, they're just more fun in general, to me at least. You can go as fast as you'd want to go on one, and easier to cruz and turn too.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Well I have been cruising for a couple years now. I currently only ride -original- longboards, IMO Best by far. But I started out on a sector nine downhill Board. Do not get one if your a beginner they're very fast and hard to handle I ate shit hard and often until I had caught up in ability to the board. Start out with a fishtail.

Bama Boy Blazing

17. If you can, go to a local skate shop and ask around. I used to skate but i preferred cruising so i ended up going to longboards. Sector 9 is generic brand thats not a bad place to start. Landyachtz are pretty good too. If youve never longboarded go with a board thats large with large wheels, soft wheels. Thr bigger the board the more stable it is and thr more momentum you get which translates to less kicking.

18. Go to a local skate shop they should be willing to help you find what you need

"We can't stop here this is bat country"-Fear and Loathing

19. #59 tehsouleater, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2014
    Buy a real skateboard, they cruise much better because you can get up curbs without monkey grabbing and you can bomb hills just fine. Also you don't look like a dumbass.

Turning is not a trick, no matter how fast you're going.

This is coming from a man with 2 48" dancers and a DB lunchtray btw, I love longboarding but the scene is stupid as fuck, the riders are whack and a popsicle with soft wheels is a lot better for cruising.

20. You will regret getting a skateboard, get a longboard! Trust me man. I have a sector 9, prolly $200. Great board. I love bombing hills and cruising and they are great.

how do I change my signature