good longboards?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by davida0829, Feb 6, 2014.

1. I understand that a longboard will be faster etc, but to learn to control a board I think a well set up skateboard will teach you a lot more, I know it's my opinion but I don't see how being able to control a normal board with small wheels wouldn't have a positive effect on long boarding.

2. Skating is harder to get used to, but after you are used to it I'd imagine you definitely would be a better boarder on any type of board.

3. Go try out a few boards and see what fits you best. 

4. #24 Stony09, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014
    Woohoo! Longboards!
    If you're just starting, get something that appeals to you and that you look forward to riding. As you find out what disciplines you like and as your skill grows, you'll start scoping other gear. Beware, it's addicting!!

Oh, and ALWAYS wear a helmet. Skate for yourself and don't give a sh1t about what others think. I'd be dead several times over without one.

Quiver shot from a few months ago.
    [​IMG]

Current hill bomber..[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Basically if you can't skateboard, you try long boarding

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #26 Stony09, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014
    Haha lets see a Popsicle on Indy's go down a mountain road at 50mph. You need the right tools for the job. Skate vert? Ride a pool deck. Skate street? Ride a Popsicle. Want to cruise? Pretty much anything will work. Skate everything, it's all skating.

7. But vert, popsicle stick boards, and switch stance all go hand in hand

8. #28 Stony09, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2014
    Yup, that's why I believe in skating everything. It's all skating, and the skills you learn in one discipline lend themselves in others. Riding fakie in a pool will help when doing 180 deg standies (ending up switch) when freeriding on a longboard for example. Learning to pump fast on a slalom rig will help with control when railing corners on mountain roads. It just very ignorant for people that only do one discipline to put down people that enjoy other disciplines. That's why I said earlier to skate for yourself and not care what others think. Ride what you want and have fun! If you want to ride a longboard and are worried about what street skaters may or may not say, you'll hold back, not progress very fast, and not have a very good time.

9. $200 through $250?

10. #30 davida0829, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2014

cruise/bomb hills. once i get better tricks for sure

stony09 badass collection!! love the design on the "hill bomber"

11. the term 180 degree standies is a great example of how longboarding is WANK

12. longboarding is masturbating? Wtf

Sent from my~★☆GALAX¥ $4☆★ U$ing Tapat@lk 4

13. not wanking, WANK

14. I know what you said lol
    uploadfromtaptalk1391779476875.jpg

15. ah right it was a joke so? like longboarding :)

16. lol you're a dick

17. pretty much, but ya wanna see my backside lipslides on the diy concrete man, theyll put hairs on your chest just watching, while you stand holding your longboard :)

18. Impossible because I wont be looking back at you as bombing a hills going 25mph+ doing slides/stand up slides and carving around the sharpest turns possible. Catch me if you can though but watch for those speed wobbles buddy lol hopefully the road isn't to rocky for you, ya know because of your limitations :)

19. Kabekk, rayne and landyachtz will all do you right :)

Oh by the way, be sure not to get an original pintail. They are awful for bombing hills

20. ah wow TURNING counts as a trick? i prefer to get my speed bombing on a snowboard mate and its sure as shit faster than 25 mph thats for sure, skating is about speed agression tricks whatever you make of it, you can just roll around with that too if youre no good like,  its cool man i dont hate longboarding, i would look more fondly on someone who boarded compared to some who didnt, fair play to ya if you want to longboard, if i had clumsy clown feet and small testicles id longboard too