good longboards?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by davida0829, Feb 6, 2014.

1. #1 davida0829, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014
    Hey blades bladies thinking of getting into long boarding come summer got entirely to bored with gaming.

I know absolutely nothing about skateboarding/long boarding an my homie that does hasn't really been much help

Just want to know of some good brands to look for also are there different types for (hills/flat(sidewalks/streets)) and cruising? any help would be awesome :)

Don't want to spend more then $200-250 would that be a good price for a good board?

2. #2 I I11MATIC I, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014
    Buy a proper skateboard and learn to cruise on that man!

3. this, fuck long boards

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Ight any good brands I should look out for?

5. what makes you say that? :(  i feel so bad now

6. not this. Fuck skateboards. How much are you willing to spend OP?

Sent from my~★☆GALAX¥ $4☆★ U$ing Tapat@lk 4

7. Just make sure the board has a lot of flex so you will have more absorption on the bumps. What kind of riding are you looking to do? Are you looking to just cruise, bomb hills, do tricks, etc. that will influence what brand you're looking for

8. Look into Landyachts! They could be a little pricey but worth the money and you can customize what wheels, bearings etc. It also depends if you need a board to bomb hills with or if your just looking to cruise nothing to serious or a board to dp tricks with?

9. you own a board as well? You sound like you know your shit is to why I'm asking.

Yeah, if you like going less than 10 mph on hard little wheels that rattle your teeth.

Chose the right tool for the job. And for cruising it's a board with bigger soft wheels. The deck doesn't have to be long.

11. Nah I don't own a board at the moment I gots to get a job ;/ I'd like to think I know my shit though lol

12. There are loads of good brands to be honest, find a good skate shop, local if possible and you're probably looking at about £50 for deck, £50 for trucks, £25/30 for wheels and maybe the same for bearings.

For a decent set up I'd normally expect to spend about £150, obviously this is English money so I'm not sure whether boards etc are cheaper in the US.

But your thinking is wrong. Flex contributes to speed wobbles. Decks built for speed are stiff as all hell.

14. I can skate anywhere in my city on my normal deck with 52mm Rictas, it's not hard you just have to learn to control the board better! Learning on a longboard will only teach you to longboard, skateboarding will teach you to skate and cruise, then buy a longboard.

15. You're not wrong but flex mostly contributes to absorbing the roughness?

Yes, and I can use a hammer  to smash a screw into a piece of wood, but a screwdriver works better.

I've been skating for 25 years. Started on and still skate regular skateboards. But if  person wants to just cruise, they are way better off on a board with softer bigger wheels. Believe me, if I'm cruising on a board with bigger softer wheels and you are on 52mm 100a Ricters, you are not keeping up with me.

Believe me, you go faster, the ride is much smoother, and it is more efficient to use a cruiser type board for transportation and cruising. Just consider the physics behind a small hard wheel vs. a larger soft wheel.

17. dude not hating on skateboards or anything but I tried my hardest to skate I just can't do it. The boards usually feel to small and unsecure like im going to fall if I make any turns lol. I feel as LB's help you get over your fear of boarding enough to transition over to skateboards. My 2 cents

When dealing with 8+ plys of wood, the wood alreadyy dampens vibration enough. Add it to soft wheels, and you don't need flex. Flex is only really good for ease of pushing and the rebound you get when carving. It's a matter of preference as to the feel you are looking for, and what you are doing with your set up.

19. I have a Landyacht 9two5 I cruise everywhere with that board never has done me wrong. And its an all around board I can bomb hills and make some sick turns with it.

20. Difference of opinions, lets agree to disagree!!