HYDROPONIC TRAILER GROW

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by phukyoo, Feb 6, 2014.

1.  So here's the plan, I am going to purchase a 6'x10' trailer to grow my pot in. I plan on havin about 6'x7.5' for my flowering room, and about 6'x2.5' for my flowering room. I was planning on fitting 16 plants in the flower room in 4'x2' containers 2 on both side walls of the trailer totalling 4 trays (4 plants per tray) leaving me a 2 foot walkway in the center. A light reflective barrier will be attached to seperate the flower from the veg room. The Veg room Will have 2 3'x2' trays, one containing the 4 mothers and one containing the 16 clones to be flowered which will still be small and transfered to the flower room when they no longer fit in the tray.

Then I will power all this running 2 - 250watt solar panels on top of the trailer. The question im having is what kind of lighting id best for this run. (Obviously LED because of power isssues but specifaically what kind of LED's). I can fit 3 solar panels for a total of 750watts if i need to but prefer to keep it under 500 watt.

So basically the question I'm having, IS ALL THIS POSSIBLE? The front 7.5 ft of the trailer is gonna be used for flowering the back 2.5 feet is for vegging seperated with light barrier.

I attached an artist rendering of what the layout will be done in paint, especially for the haters. I also posted this in another forum but felt it belonged here instead.

Attached Files:

2. uhhh I would say no.  250 w PV might put out 250w at maximum sunlight.  That is not continous only for a few hours around noon

3. #3 phukyoo, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014

If I run 3 of them thats 750watt and it will only use around 600 watts for the LED system and the grow hopefully, so it will store the extra energy in a battery. And I will have my light follow the daylight cycle here to maximize energy output. Also I live in california....we got sun. This is a different setup i thought of using, i figured i may be able to use a few less lights and get more coverage this way. But im not exactly sure how to arrange the lighting, i was thinking of using 6 95 watt LED UFO grow lights (1 for each tray) but looking for anything more conventional.

Attached Files:

4. Call someone and ask how they work. Like someone that does this for a living. You dont neet to tell them what your using them for just give them the power that will be taking from them. I know when you have a over cast you wont get as much power off them thrn if you have full sunny days.

I think you have a good plan but the SP wont give you all your power you need. Id run normal power to your room and then use your SP as power to cut back on the power you will have to buy.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #5 phukyoo, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2014
    My plan was to keep the trailer somewhere away from a power source so i was figuring this was the best way. If I run my lights during the day I wont need too much power at night and the batteries will store the extra I get. I just found out you can buy 600 watt wind turbines that are relatively small, but I'd rather stick with just solar panels making it cheaper if I can. I do live in California, so I get a lot of sunshine. My goal is to make the trailer completely self-sustaining. My major question is what LED lightsource wouldnt take up too much power and cover this area.

6. I dont know anything about LED's. But if you know forsure that will work then do it up. Im got the feeling you watch some braking bad or something

7. #7 snoopdog6502, Feb 7, 2014
    Solar power is a very expensive way to make power at first, I applaud your effort to make a go of it.

Honestly there is no free lunch with LED or any other lights, convert solar into electricity and then back to light is pointless.

my prediction is you wont get enough power to run wimpy lights, the plants will be wimpy and you need to go front a 1/4 oz from a friend so you can get high.

Not trying to be a dick at all but by the time you get this plan slightly workable you could have leased farm land and grown 100 pounds outside.

8. For a 750 watt solar system with inverter and 2 batteries is $1, 099. I can get a 600 watt wind turbine and mount it on the trailer giving me easily enough power for LED. Oldschool hps lights are outdated and spectrum led's are taking over. I heard the 95 watt ufo spectrum lights work pretty well and I planned on using 1 on every tray. Overall this setup including the trailer, solar power, all the construction material for converting it, all the hydroponic gear, lighta, and everything else will cost me around $5000 inluding a $600 wind turbine I may not need. The trailer should be producing 16 plants every 2 months paying for itself in 1 grow. But this is just an idea I had and a I respect the criticism but back it with evidence and make it constrictive. Also indoor hydroponic> outdoor because I van have steady harvest every two months.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Sent from my SGH-T999L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Been watchin a lot of Trailer Park Boys huh?

11. Stay tuned as soon as I get my taxes back I'm gonna buy the trailer and start converting it. Will post pictures of the conversion. We're trying to be innovative here and revolutionize the marijuana industry. If I can make a 100% self-sustaining indoor hydroponic marijuana grow thats completely mobile and is enviromentally friendly, that's gonna be a huge advance in growing. I have never actually seen it done before but i have the concept and blueprints in mind and it seems completely plausible.

12. #12 GOLDENBOY, Feb 7, 2014
    Anything is possible with enough money!!
    And I think its possible but you will need the money to back it up.

13. Its probably not worth it to run solar panels.  You will probably get a third of what your panels are rated at in terms of power.  If you have 750 watts of panels, you can probably expect to get 250 watts.  That is not even enough to run a 250 watt hps or any of your fans either.

14. I have the same sort of grow in mind however instead of a trailer it will be underground. I suggest doing both solar and wind, storing energy onto a battery bank, and you drawing power from that bank.

I have 9 90 watt ufo leds and they are pretty impressive from what I have grown so far. Hopefully will buy another 10-15 and have them set up so there is shelves utilizing all the space I have. With leds you can have them much closer than hid lighting, so I plan on having two or three rows of a sog setup in a 12 foot high space.

It will be costly but if you have the available sunlight and wind and money then why not?