1200W- The Underground Jungle - Hydro

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by rain dancer, Feb 5, 2014.

1. just pulled all the dead leaves from my plants, had a lot since i have a nitrogen deficiency due to rootbound plants. Not all but two of the larger yielders mostly. Big plants dont like small pots lol. Still, went ahead and lsted them all again and dropped the light. Letting them get very thirsty before feed/water so results are immediate.
    \nLots of baby seedlings. Took pics days ago but every time I get around to posting them theyve grown a whole lot or new seeds popped.
    \nGoing to do another pyrethrin treatment after the feeding tomorrow, but in a few days after they dry out again. Everything is growing nicely though, lots of skunky smells, and sweets n sours.
    \nThe wife will be doin her own grow journal too for the iced grape so that should be very nice to watch, im very happy about that, as well asher raspberry Cough plant. Things already got those real small sativa leaves. :smoke: .
    \nThe big banana mother is a tree. She has fully matured and has such tight internodes her branches are practically pure buds, even though shes not even flowering at all. Fat wood stems and branches.
    \nGonna fire up the other 600 in a few weeks too :smoke:

2. Loving it!
    Will defo be following your wife's journal!
    Mainly because I would LOVE for my other half to get really involved :)

Chef.

Headchefs indoor and outdoor adventures! - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-

3. Youre the second person to tell me that in 2 days :)

Im surprised, just hope she sticks to it. She committed to grow some so seeds were sent her way :)

4. Woke up today to a popped kwazulu! Yay!

Soaked one last night, gonna toss it in a jiffy pellet anyways. Got them all in the window seal. No substitute for sunlight!

Finished my two day brew, going to feed all the ladies, probably flush my hydro plant or maybe just half it out and refill with distilled. Maybe it just needs nutes? Lots of maybes to figure out lol

Sometimes i wish i could clone myself, i need my help lol

Also planted another banana clone last night. That girl loves makin self babies haha, got a dome on her, straight to soil. She should be domeless in days.

5. My clones are rooting! <3.. I'll give it one more week and separate 'em into decent pots. >:3. 

6. Haha, had a bit of freakout there yesterday didnt i?

It happens.

Its just fungus gnats, no biggie. Will treat them again when soil dries out.

In my experience both pests love hydro as much as soil, believe it or not. Plants look better last night and much better today.

Going to flush the hydro and redo nutes cuz i left pyrethrin in the hydro a few days ago and it foamed up and left some buildp on the sides. The plant looked great for a few days but wilted yesterday when the pump unplugged a few hours.

7. Ok, picture update!

why are all the plants out?
    I mixed up some cold pressed neem, dr bronners soap, and some protekt (liquid silica) and gave the plants a good drench, multiple times, all leaves top n bottom, as well top layer of soil, sides of pots, every nook and cranny. Did ALL plants too, all except the lil hydro, didn't think it could handle it tbh.

Heres the banana kush mother
    [​IMG]
    And a jug of milk for size reference

Clones for breeding. Many have outgrown their containers waiting for pollin
    [​IMG]
    Left dead leaves on cuz i didnt want to spice up the pics and show em better than they are. Thats not honest.

Also wow, need to water those lil plants, they look dry as hell haha

More clones n mother banana k
    These are some of the 13ish strains were growing now. New strains pop everyday so I lose count.
    [​IMG]

The three lighter plants are the ones effected by fungus gnats
    [​IMG]

Might not look that bad To you , but im my worst critic and a perfectionist, so im bothered a lot. I kept the leaves that fell in that jar over there.

Now this sour 3d is the one ive been neglecting a lot. It had a buncha roots bunched up coming out of one hole in the basket, so i pulled out the medium and separated roots best i could, so theyre not all bunched up.
    [​IMG]

Whys it look so shitty? Ppms have been 600+
    Ph 5.8-5.9 unchanging

But i dumped some pyrethrin in there. It actually improved, but this is the same plant left in chlorine water for a few days. Ambient temps outside my house are 97f in October if you can believe that. Hot as hell here still.

I have no chiller, so ive been having water temps of 88f+

so i havent expected growth, just trying to keep it alive til outdoor temps drop, meaning my basement temps will drop a lot as well.

Im going to toss a few sprinkles of pool shock in there and some food but do t expect much at all. I dont even really care for this strain (sour 3d) as the last plant i grew showed shit genetics. Lets hope this clone does better in hydro this winter. I have no plants to breed or grow it later.

Got some sour d seeds ready with proven genetics,

Got more seeds in the mail. Wife should be starting her journal here shortly. Ill keep ya updated. Still have to go clean the other half of my grow room, put plants back.

Need to pickup paint soon, want to paint the whole basement (besides my art wall) white. Probably put some plywood over the art wall to save it from paint.

8. They took away my "Post your thoughts" place to post my thoughts, so ever so often Im going to put them here, in my journals, because my cup runneth over...

Never had a "friend" like me - for grasscity Mental Illness Support/Awareness Thread

I would seriously pull up a chair,
    Or just be right there,
    To let you you know that im here and i care.
    I would jump off the cliff in the moment you drop,
    To catch before you say oh shit and ....stop.
    I would tell youre needed, reside in your head,
    Be a voice that said good things,
    When things turn so bad,
    When lost in that moment, an obstacle of dread,
    Where things get so heavy, you wish you were dead,
    In that moment id own it, id freeze everything,
    And walk you through life pick the beautiful things,
    Of our world, pouring forth like a river or spring,
    And sing for your soul if it'd mean anything.
    And id carry you brother, id bury you when,
    Theres nobody left, not even a friend,
    With tears running down both my face and my chin,
    Without a voice or questions to ask them.
    And id rewind the universe just so you know,
    I love you so much i dont want you to go.
    May my words carry weight on the winds as they blow,
    And find you forever, wherever you go,
    If I fail then Im sorry, Im passin the dro,
    So inhale the pokesmot, 7 days, twenty fo'

-poke

9. Stunning.

Chef.

Headchefs indoor and outdoor adventures! - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-

10. Thanks bud^

plants look better today but dont want too speak to soon. Think ill start doing weekly sprays of the three (bronners soap, neem oil, protekt)

Only plant struggling is sour 3d in hydro.

Ppm is 300, probably need to up it some, maybe throw in some b1 too, maybe a lil jungle juice for micro nutes, but keep ppm low. Ph is 5.8

Plant has been through the ringer though. If she pulls through she'll be a strong budder, thats for damn sure.

11. I'm sure she stop being stubborn and reward you with a lush harvest bud!

Chef.

12. Hey guys, been goin nuts the last week due to rootbound plants exhibiting a plethora of symptoms, so pmed all my buddies. The consensus was that im just crazy lol and need to put these monsters into bigger pots.

In fact, august west knew down to the t every single symptom i was thinking and the cause. Gave me chills.

Anyways, plants are perky as can be since the flush, very yellow under those mhs though! But green in normal light!

Lots of new growth too!

Will transplant them all tomorrow.

The heat issues are kickin my ass in hydro. That poor plant is barely hangin on, but its a survivor lol

The rest look great! The clones are beautiful and gettin too large. Gonna have to make more clones soon.

Shame youre all not closer, ive got more clones than i need!

And the landrace and my strains are coming along. Doubling in size everday. Some have 5-6 sets of leaves already. The landrace are on their third i believe!

Not sure you know or not but had a cracked seed from herbies! They refunded my money on that one!

Special shout out to sherry over at Guerrilla! Thats my girl there!

Hooked me up with some molokai kush! Which is half bubba kush and half Molokai frost (hawaain) I have been wantin to try that stuff! My god, what an angel!

Also came with a freebie, secret sour, which is a cross from my all time favorite strains, la confidential and sour d! Cant go wrong there!

So thank you SHERRY and Gorilla Seed Bank!

Wife should be startin her garden when seeds arrive in the next week or so!

13. Busy bee again!
    Grats on the new strains :)

Gorilla have got a few tasty strains that I will be try for sure!

What's your wife growing?

Of course AW knew all the problems he's a God Grower!

Chef.

14. #915 rain dancer, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
    Haha, he sure is!

Wifes gonna grow some iced grapefruit!

Ill be doin some barneys farm pineapple chunk and some chocoloco

Then the run after will be that secret sour, hazemans molokai kush, and blue cheese from barneys farm.

Simultaneously ill be doing my breeding program on the side, as well as cloning.

Busy, busy, busy!

Trying to get sponsored by some LED companies, so i laid it all out there bare lol

15. NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

16. UPDATE!

Plants were ROOTBOUND! Lesson here? Trust your instinct. My first diagnosis was rootbound. I questioned my own opinion, drove myself crazy for ten days while the plants worsened and finally emailed some other growers. Multiple VERY respected growers here (at least by me) agreed with my diagnosis! They were right!
    [​IMG]
    Another shot!
    [​IMG]
    Heres a top shot of what rootbound looks like on vegetation
    [​IMG]

This one breaks my heart :cry:

Look how sad these roots are! They Grew down hit the bottom and turned back around in search for space, air, food, water..... :(
    [​IMG]

See, heres the end of the root, what should be on the bottom of the bucket
    [​IMG]

To me, this looks like the taproot
    [​IMG]

Call me crazy, but ive got hope for the hydro
    [​IMG]

Why? Well, this plant you see has been in this condition before. It stunted, died to this very same state, but one green leaf, like the one in the pic grew new leaves and things improved.

Its not over til I give up, or wake up to it dead! :smoke:

Jus the way I am.

Lookin forward to improvement now!

Going to mix some perlite with some 420 recipe soil and transplant some of the landrace strains today. Didnt finish yet, just got so happy to confirm diagnosis I had to share! :)

They will all improve in the coming weeks. Temps will be dropping, so hydro will ease into normalcy. Will be getting about 50-60 pounds of soil this next weekend for some grows on CK forums, but will still share here too! 

Lots of good shit comin up man! Woot! Stay tuned!

17. Is that little guy a reveg?

It still looks like it's kicking for sure. It'll grow out some weird ass leaves to start. Single blades curled like cheetos. It won't even look like a pot plant for awhile lol.

I'm rooting for it!

Lol.

Those rootbound photos are crazy! So how do you fix that? Just repot into bigger containers?

"Don't let the past remind us of what we are not now."

1000 watt Scrog Journal

Hell yeah man! Theyre already perky as hell lol
    The hydro clone was just a clone i tossed into some water in a cup and said, alrighty, you wanna live, grow some roots, see ya soon!

It did lol, tossed her in a cup, roots grew, put her in a bucket, got about 7 inches tall. Ambient temps outside were normal 80s, grow room mid 70s, everything was rockin.

Then temps outside climbed back up to 100+, her water rose to 88 then stayed at 90f so i tossed cannazym in and she stayed perky for a week, at about 8 days she started wiltin, roots began to turn. I thought shit, so added poolshock. They recovered, but roots were all coming through one hole in the dwc basket, so after she didnt improve, i pulled her out, sepearated root and wife helped me get them protruding from a few spots. Shes got adequate bubbles, but the res is just too damn hot. Temps outside are between 90-98 everday. Really sucks. Also, for a day her pump went off n no one knew it. This happened twice. :(

As for reveg, i actually am revegging a plant from a bud, and yes, got a bunch of weird bud leaves, completely twisted leaves, plants got a Buncha hormones in all the wrong places lol

Look on my pics for the dark green plant that is partially lsted and youll see the confidential cheese reveg! Really bizarre, but revegging is fun and cool to witness.

Yes, to fix rootbound plants just repot. Some people tear root balls apart but i just put more soil in the container, put the plant in and cover her with soil, top, sides all of it.

If you leave a plant rootbound long enough it will consume 95 percent of its soil. The container will be a solid rootball at harvest! And the soil will be gone!