1200W- The Underground Jungle - Hydro

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by rain dancer, Feb 5, 2014.

1. #681 growtender, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
    I've been using general hydroponics coco coir and an "organic" perlite from a local garden store. Seems like a great combo. I always get a decent amount of algae, which I'm pretty sure helps a lot. Only get it on the top of the pots and a little on the tray. Never anywhere else because I use the typical black vinyl tubing and my rez is light tight. I'm convinced that algae helps keep pH stable. Other than that no problems at all over the course of five grows. People say you can reuse, but I never do. I also have never had problems with growing in six inch (half gallon) pots. I think my system works pretty well. Just worried about today installing a new vent in flowering during the dark period. Had a green light on, but that got dropped and broke so I had to let light in :(
    Hopefully I don't have any issues

-growtender

2. Wow, I never heard that about algae before :)

But it makes sense. I have dark tubing and never got algae anywhere except the top. One day I noticed my drain line had algae growing it it. Ph remained stable and I never flush nutes til the end, I simply top it off. Interesting to me that you think it benefits, as that would explain partially why mine stayed stable. Any algae that ended up in the res (from me pouring that water back nto the light proof res) was most likely helped along being dissolved by the cannazym I add (enzymes and vitamins).

Im going to have to give coco a try now! :smoke:

I doubt you'll have any issues with the light. Usually issues arise after a consistent light leak over a period of days.

3. Algae can be a problem if it gets into the rez and clogs your pump, but it only grows where it can get light.
    Try it! I'd be curious to see your results!
    Thanks for encouragement on the "exposed to light while working" thing. I opened my last flowers to light quite a few times last cycle and didn't have any issues, so I'm to a certain degree confident I won't have an issue this time either. Never hurts to watch it though

-growtender

4. Taken from elsewhere:
    Confidential cheese review:

It smells like fruit at first when growing, then slowly develops that skunk smell we all know n love. Then towards the end of flower it smells like flowers and skunk, real sweet and fruity, but a cheese stench lingers.

The smell is sweet followed by a sour punch that stings the eyes. The taste is that dank taste, like when you go to a dispensary and buy shit you only see in magazines and you hit it and it almost tastes like **puppy breath**

the high is instant. Overwhelming and creeps up after. Feelings of excitement begins, then emotional feelings, desire for love and sex. Then slowly that falls off a cliff, i mean a cliff and extreme overwhelming hunger takes over. Your beloy will sound like the devil possessed it....haha

Ive drank a lot the last couple years before i quit. I would mix my drink with unmentionables prescribed by my doc and still had the ability to function, even under enough whiskey to drop an elephant. I worked full time and drove and did all kinds of stupid shit well over the legal limit and put a lot of people at jeopardy and risk, which is why I quit, but also how I learned my own personal limit.

That background now established, i took 4 hits of this herb the way I smoke all my other strains. I mean 3 hits in im trimming a plant, i go to stand up and i fell over and caught myself before i hit the floor.

I had one of those highs that guys who grew up in the 70s always describe when they hit our generations herb. I did too much, i felt nauseous, i wanted to lay on the floor.

Imagine tommy chong saying that to you. Because i consume so much cannabis im known to my friends and family to tolerate any and all kinds of weed, wax, edibles unfazed.

Even @[member="wax"] payne was like, WTF when he smoked with me because we never stopped lol

If youre a heavyweight this shit is stronger than all the dabs ive ever had. It will rock your world baby. And youll sleep like a baby too!

5. Haha sounds like a good time there Mr pokesmot. Sounds like your loving it man. Glad to see it coming together in here

6. Glad to have you around :)

We just finished a hydro and an organic run and am about to power the lights up again real soon to do another 1200w grow of hydro and organic soil (http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1305106-1200w-underground-jungle-soil.html/page-4#entry20486394)

Hope youll join us :smoke:

P.s. i like that pic in snoops thread about your light mover, thats pretty awesome. Its how my dad used to grow back in the day, maybe you can school us on that if you have a journal or what not, feel free to post links. :)

7. Lol I've been in here a long ass time. Just rarely post much for some reason :stoned:

Ha yea I love them i use them in conjuction with parabolic reflectors and i seem to do decent. Nothing crazy i hit about .7 to .9 gram per watt. But i have a real quick turn around on the rooms. My complete cycle is about 77days from taking the cuts from the moms to cutting down.

Man i get schooled every day on here im sure you can teach me just as much.

Anyway ima try be a bit more active in here and snoops thread. Maybe my own journal one day lol.

All the best

8. Sounds like a plan man.

Im going to try to be more active in my journals too. I spend a lot of time giving advice and helping all over the site, plus just killing time.

Not much else for me to do besides watch the kids and the weeds grow haha

You should do a journal. Id subscribe. Hell, we all learn new things from each other all the time. Thats the fun of it imo. :smoke:

9. Ive seen you in all sorts of threads. I am definitely a reader lol. I guess it may be because were still illegal overe here.

Lol i have shit loads to do in my day to day. Business to run, a gf to keep happy whilst keeping this part of my life a secret, can get overwhelming at times.

But ive seen you deal with some drama in this journal... and just shows it can all be done if you want it to work.

Peace

10. I didnt mean to convey that i dont do anything. Ive got a farm, 30 fruit trees to manually water, chickens, dogs, turtles, cats, rabbits, 4 kids including twin infants and a lung disease which is the main obstacle. But i multitask between each job and hobby and try to put in work here too, since im somewhat limited by the darn illness :lol:

I try not to be. I dont have time for friends irl, so I make them here and try to pass on and soak knowledge up like a sponge.

Hell yeah I had some obstacles. But I persevered and overcame. I hoped that would be enough to encourage others. If I can help anyone in anyway I try. :)

This thread has been a real diary/journal. I lost family members this grow and recorded my thoughts in here as well.

11. Ive used led... never again. Im not saying they don't work. They just didn't work at all for me with my growing style. Ill give that a read.

Peace

12. #694 rain dancer, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
    Im not going to use one unless Im sponsored by a company. If I can get enough followers on here Ill expand to youtube and videos and get more lights, improve my grow areas professionally and get real about this. My goal is to breed seeds professionally and teach people grow secrets so that everyone is growing the best possible bud. Of course that means learning from and listening to you guys as well, but im finding my calling in life finally.

Ill be unbiased if an LED company sponsors me and even do side by sides, same genetics from one plant, medium etc. Document every step. But my money is on HPS unless LED does something different.

13. Yea pokes there fairly expensive but i didnt go into it half assed. I actually did a side by side with an hps same everything but led and maybe i didnt know how to use them correctly or something but i cut the plants down. Here was my attempt.

My main reason i think it didnt work is because i use a rail system. But like i said ive read many journals that have had impressive yields with led... but its just not for me at the moment.

Peace

uploadfromtaptalk1409133101526.jpg

14. That's a shame to go through all that effort and not have decent results!
    I am buying LEDs from here http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289197- never seen a grow do shit with these!

Peace 👽

Headchefs indoor and outdoor adventures! - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-

15. Lol yea not even a spliff but it was important to me to try it myself before i switched over everything to led.

The light i bought was a high quality unit its a 900w light. Im thinking either they should be used as a stationary light because i had them on a rail moving back and forth or the plants required different things that i wasnt providing.

Peace

16. Hmmm, this is a weird one.

I have seen 3foot colas almost as dense as a hps but way way more frosty!
    If you ever interested again defo try topled, since there 400wat mars II is about £100, well that's the deal I get for it think off here website it's about £130, about $220 at a guess.

Peace 👽

Headchefs indoor and outdoor adventures! - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-

17. Ive heard people say that a lot about LED. More frosty buds I mean. Makes me wonder if the red ratio is lower than the amount of blue leds, much like some switch back to mh the last two weeks of flower to get more frost.

18. Im sure most led lights emit some uv b light. I could be mistaken. But uv b has been proven to force the plant to protect itself by packing on trichomes.