1200W- The Underground Jungle - Hydro

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by rain dancer, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Most all of our neighbors have been mexicans or descendants from okies so ive made sure my wife was in the kitchen every time something good was goin down. She's a fine woman and a fine cook too!

2. Poke I'm excited to see how the dwc only with no drip goes.

Did you get real aggregated clay pellets or are you still rocking the silica grow stones?

1000 watt Scrog Journal

3. Not sure if you know or not but my dwc only confidential cheese clone and banana clones rocked! Very nice yields so far! But Im excited too!

Ive still got those old clay balls as well as grow stones. Havent had an issue with eiether since switching to dwc, so I doubt algae will be an issue at all this go around. I also water by lifting the pots so the medium is never wet. Also, wont be adding much ph up or down and have 6 inch pots now. According to tracking theyll be here friday! :)

4. #604 The Letter 3, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
    I've been unhappy with my results thus far.

I keep changing 1 or 2 things at a time and I've been having positive changes.

Lately I've been using a root zone conditioner in the dwc stuff.

I chose a dutch masters root zone product as it is intended for a "non-beni" style environment.

The other I'm trying now is utilizing a scrog.

1406084154900.jpg

1406084175429.jpg
    1406084196757.jpg

Shes getting big in there!

1000 watt Scrog Journal

5. Looking good man.

I did scrog once and it wasnt for me. Once those branches grow through the screen youre very limited on how easy it is to reach the pots.

Probably didnt help that i grew multiple new strains and they were all different sizes or that i did it in a tent.

6. [​IMG]
    12 new six inch netpots

-means no more huge netpots and problems.

Drying 3 bags of banana kush. Bout to put them in jars soon.

In a few weeks ill start some clones in these pots again, but need to take some cuttings first.

7. I keep saying I am going to write a book titled "How not to grow plants" or "Planticide for dummies"  I have always wanted a shade scrog that i could sit under in my back yard.  :bongin:  "wake and bake under my scrog" 

8. I think this is nice
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Heres the banana jarred. The pics not entirely honest. That fat bigger jar was half filled when I started stackin more in it. Not bad for my first real successful hydro imo.

Sorry the pics are blurry. My ipad 2 sux balls. I took a few more to get better shots. My wifes camera is a pita, fuckin with memory cards n craps why i used the ipad, so sorry quality is shit.

[​IMG]
    Notice my semi half ass trim job? Its my personal, so I cant be bothered hehe

Man if you guys could smell this shit. Literally stings the senses like moonshine haha, take a whiff n then feel the burn lmao!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Good stuff. One of my brothers hit it the other day and was instantly super high, super happy and energetic. Great treatment for depression, sadness or pain. Surprisingly works well with anxiety too as a supressor and helps with focus a lot.

Don't be fooled. Its an indica that presents as a sativa, only to mellow out into a relaxing chill state, without couchlock but definitely some lethargy. DIETERS BEWARE!!! Will make you raid the fridge!!!

Banana Kush! Definitely keeping this stuff around!

9. #609 rain dancer, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Mixed up some ona gel.

My recipe is water absorbing crystals, ona concentrate and water in a tub. In front of a fan works fine.

Suppresses smell well, which I need, since theres a 40 foot radius around my house that just oddly smells like weed could be possibly be growing 8 feet underground somewhere...near :lol:

Ive had people stand a foot away from plants and not smell them after mixing up ona gel.

Edit:
    Also my timer burned up. Was melted on the side. Had a backup but bummed me out. Been really hot here lately, lookin forward to winter.

10. I am most definitely growing the banana kush. I think she looks like a "Sweet Melissa" to me. I live your name and all i have is some else's product. I am wishing I had a 20 day flower strain :) right now. 

11. You def should grow some out. Im keeping a clone on hand. She's too good to not have haha

I always wanted a strain like this tbh. She's a nice producer too, big fat buds, with buds on top of buds!

I always hated smokin other peoples stuff.

UPDATE on the ona gel.

Not doin much to help with smell thanks to the confidential cheese. Plant stinks! :D

12. Bra one day i am going to share some Hawaiian food with you and maybe I could figure out something worth a clone of that sweet melissa. not so confidential? Nice I love stinky weed!! Love when I leave my room and the hairs on my arms are sticky and everyone around me keeps making the who reeks face as they smell the air.

13. #613 rain dancer, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    Lmao.

Im a story teller so I'll tell you a story.

When I was 16 years old I lived in Anaheim California. One night I was coming outta marie calendars pie shop and I found a cell phone. I went through contacts and found "home" number and dialed it. All the way in hawaii this guy picks up the phone and I tell him I found the phone. We talk for a good 20 mins shooting the shit about how his parents are visiting the states, the best type of herb to smoke, and he told me I was his "brada" now and was welcome to stay at his house anytime I ever find myself in Hawaii. :)

A while later his family showed up in a packed rental van and i handed them the phone. They thanked me and said the phone was very special and important to them and tried to hand me a wad of money, to which I refused. They insisted, i refused politely, smiled said nice meeting you and then walked away.

Was a unique and positive experience for me even though I never spoke to them again. That was about 12 years ago.

14. I love the people of Hawaii they are the best. My first time i went people where saying "oh they are going to call you a Haole and treat you bad. man I was at a chevron and the lady there was real nice asked where i was from then invited me and my family to a cook out with them. You know he meant it when he opened his home to you. one day you come out we go throw the net eat some good ouhu have a beer and some pakalolo. yeah brada you stay like that!

15. Hell yeah brother sounds like a plan to me,
    I call everyone brother, always have haha

Im hungry now jus thinkin about kickin back on the beach, drinkin a brew and smokin some nice herb while we barbecue on the beach. What more could anyone ask for in this life?

16. and the cool thing is we barbecue what we catch and pick. only bring the lighter the beer and the ice. oh the coconut shrimp when you pick the coconut on the way... man i am going to go get some poke' a beer and my bong! Shaka Bra!

17. hey bra be for i go look what my mary did. i had car trouble and wasnt able to get to her for two days. she grew up and got some light stress. I wish someone would make a light hanger that maintains a preset distance above your canopy. 
    View attachment 143164

18. Oh man that's a bummer :(

But it shouldnt cause any long term probs

19. ---Flowering---

All plants Day 57

Just passed the 8 week mark. Im thinking im two weeks or less from harvesting my last hydro and 2-3 weeks from harvesting all soil plants.

Will start flushin the hydro soon.

20. Have you tried out the dry koolbloom powder yet?

Its the perfect time to whack it with something hot ,:)

1000 watt Scrog Journal