20 Strain Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by oddpuertorican, Feb 4, 2014.

1. I'm so excited seeing my girls grow but they do seem to be growing a little slow.

Temps at 86

water ph level is a 7

lights are 30" away from the canopy's. 

2 fans for air circulation with intake/exhaust as well

2. I'm subin here then. Now I'm up to date. Just in time to see some big girls. :smoke:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. temps are getting ridiculously high, i will be purchasing window ac unit on thursday

5. #25 oddpuertorican, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
    I'm thinking about cutting a hole right next to the lower ducting the size of the window ac unit and fit it inside there.  Then board and seal up around it, the back in will be hanging outside the widow that the ducting vents out to.  With my carbon filter do you guys think I will have to worry about smell leaking out? 

Attached Files:

6. It depends on how stinky it get in there. You shouldn't be worried now but maybe in late flowering

7. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. If I were you I would add another carbon scrubber + fan to the room. Technically you already have the one for the window. The one kn the room will clean the air before it get sucked outside

9. Hmm, since you're running co2, I'd advise against a window a/c unit.  Hell, I'd get rid of the intake/ exhaust and just scrub air with the carbon filter and your 8 in. fan.  If you're exhausting out of the room, you're wasting a lot of precious co2 that hasn't been used up yet.  I'd invest in a little a/c unit for each room to keep temps and co2 use down, but re- circulate the air in your room instead of exhausting it.  Just my 2 cents though.

Nice setup, I can't wait to see all 20 of these beauties in flower!

10. Thanks bro, I wanted to do it without ac unit and exhaust/intake but my lights are just putting off way to much heat for a little portable unit to handle. My main concern is heat I don't want to stress them out and there growth has seemed to slow down since my room has really heated up

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Have you considered pulling air from outside the room, pushing it through the lights (so there's no negative pressure) and exhausting out of the room?  That would cool the lights without exhausting co2 or smell.  Once the lights are cooled, you should be able to get away with a smaller A/C unit, or just scrap the co2 for now and try the window unit.  If you go with the window unit, you'll probably want another fan + filter scrubbing the air inside the room, just to make sure there's no odor.  Shit man, wish I could be more help, it's gotta suck seeing your babies suffer.

12. Yes that's what I'm doing I'm pulling air from outside with my inline fan to the left pushing it through my lights and out the top right exhaust hole

13. just hooked up my window a/c unit.  Temps have went down tremendously still worried about smell leaking but I will definitely resolve it quick

14. Room at 81 degrees 👌

15. damn my light bill was ridiculously high this month  :hide:

16. Here's a pic of my setup with ac unit now. Yeah I know it's kind of ghetto but hey my temps are at 75 consistently now. Here are pics of my purple kush autos in the other room ! They are really starting to turn purple

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1396633661.503371.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1396633680.293083.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1396633712.861089.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1396633730.307477.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1396633754.121550.jpg

17. I'm curious to know why my HPS bulb isn't effecting the quality of my picture... any ideas to why? 

18. Is it digital? That's why it produces a constant light and not waves of light like magnetic.

19. As far as cooling the light. Is the air cooling it drawn from inside the room or out. It should be taken from outside the room and exhausted outdoors. It won't smell as the air is drawn outside the room and doesn't smell. It never contacts air that smells before it's sent outside. If will keep the co2 inside the room and greatly cool the lights. You will need the help come summer. It's too soon to need a/c. You will have issues come summer if you don't get things hammered out now. Running the lights at night will keep temps down during the day and is cheaper to run electricity. My flower room run from 6pm to 6 am. As long as there are no light leaks you will be just fine.

20. Thanks kronicly,

I originally had my inline fans sucking air from the outside pushing it through the lights and exhausting outside like u said but one of the glass covers on my hood broke I'm not sure if that was a factor but temps were fine in my grow room when it was 45 degrees or lower but now it's 75 outside and I cannot keep the room temps below 90 without the ac unit