Snoopdogs Hydro 4,000W winter of 2015.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by snoopdog6502, Feb 4, 2014.

http://www.growell.co.uk/canna-hydro-vega-flores.html
    the veg and flores looks like a good deal for enough to make plenty of solution.

this is the class of air pump that will last and provide best results. the link is for the 45LPM  I use (2) 70 LPM and a 15 LPM.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/HYDROFARM-AAPA45L-Commercial-Pond-Air-Pump-6-Outlet-45-LPM-Hydroponics-Aquarium-/350934161683?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51b54e5913

You might have to order from someone on the same side of the planet as you though. :D

2. Hey snoop, I have to adjust the PH in my cloner (coffee can) twice a day.  It rises from 5.8 to 6.5 in like 6 hours.  Is this normal?  Why do you think it is happening? 

Also, the PPM of my tap water starts at 140 and stays like that for a day or 2 and then starts to rise dramatically.  Do you think this is because of algae?  

3. What would bottled RO water be described as if I were to buy some?  Distilled?  Purified? I would think distilling would provide the same results as RO?

Yea , you need to buy water and a filter. I remember you had unstable water before.

i dont even test my cloners PH , the fuckers better grow or else.

5. A coffee can doesn't hold much water. PH shift is inevitable.

"Don't let the past remind us of what we are not now."

1000 watt Scrog Journal

6. That is one thing I was considering as well... but why up so fast?  I know I can likely limit this by doing RO water, but I would like to understand the why of it too.

7. I think I need to soak my sponges in 5.5 water.  I'll try that and see if I have ay changes.

8. It's your tap water. I've had ph issues because of my tap water. You can verify it by taking a bucket/bowl/whatever of tap water, ph it and then check it again in a few hours, betcha it rises back up like a woody in the morning.

9. I've actually done that exact thing, without it rising.  The only difference in my rising ph now is that it is being percolated inside the cloner.  Weird.  Also, the ppm rising after 2 days is odd as well.  No biggy, as long as I keep adjusting, they will root, and I'll throw em in COCO from there.  I would like to understand why it is happening though, and not just what to change.

10. Check the general hardness and carbonate hardness of your water.  Water with a low kh has no ph buffering capacity and can have wide ph swings.  Add a little silica or cal/mag and it will stabilize you kh.  Or even 1/4 tap with the r/o water can help solve this.

I'm curious how much 2.5g cost you?  A cheap small home r/o unit can be found for as cheap as $100 possibly lower.

11. #1175 snoopdog6502, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
    The little clones are not so little anymore. :D Two weeks from planting in the DWC.

fr924.jpg

I have to make at least 13 gallons of soup tomorrow.

I just love DWC hydro, I dont do shit. I was shocked tonight when I seen how much they grew.

The glass blowing is progressing, I am a very shitty glass blower but am getting better every time I start the torch.

I have made some cool pieces then "BINK" they break. LOL there is a steep learning curve. If I sit down and burn both bottles and use up my $40 in glass then Im fine with that. Its like $90 worth of schooling.
    No fear, if everything I make breaks and I do turn all my glass to trash then its still Fine.

I had realistic expectations when I started.  I learned a lot though and will go for it and learn everything that does not work too.

I FU&^ED something up at work the other day and decided I was not going to pass my fu&^up on to someone else to fix.  Fixing it involved bondo and fiberglass.  It didn't look perfect.  It didn't look horrible, and it was structurally sound, but I learned how NOT to make a perfect bondo patch.  I too learned what not to do. 

I made my living on fixing fuckups and shit that was ran till it could run no more and needed a substantial overhaul.

I want some colored glass as welding clear glass it tough to see.

14. Is it possible to "re"blow blown glass?  Go to the thrift store straight to the trinket bullshit and drop $20 on 20 lbs of glass. 

15. Hey there's gotta be 100 ways to recycle the glass.  You could use it in other forms of art to even doing an oldschool stucco on the side of your house or shed.