Snoopdogs Hydro 4,000W winter of 2015.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by snoopdog6502, Feb 4, 2014.

1. For the 1,001st post, I would like to ask about Snoop's feelings about allover Scrog. 

Snoop, I haven't noticed much Scrog efforts from you.  Maybe  just haven't crossed paths with them.  I figure you have scrogged, and I am asking why you don't do it often?  I get the accessibility thoughts, because I am dealing with them now.  I am considering a 2 layer net as I have seen in some youtube vids.  I did away with my fence as it is a bad idea.  Accessibility is 90% impossible and I'm getting sick of scraping myself as I crawl under it.  I jump up and risk breaking a branch... which may also be seen as an accidental supercrop...

I was excited about scrog as a way to do away with canopy level issues and increase yield when dealing with lack of space and light choices.  For obvious "legal #" reasons, people don't just grow a grip of plants in order to keep canopy levels even.  As I assume you have scrogged in the past, why don't you choose this as a simple method for an even canopy and increased yield. 

I read you had 40 plants (or 40 seeds) in your pool.  22 ounces was your outdoor harvest.  Pretty good for 20 sq. ft. and what I assume was an early harvest for outdoor.  I hope my assumptions aren't wrong as I make this post.  Many people have a lack of access to quality seeds and are growing on a budget.  Do you think scrog is a useful option for this limitation?  Are there any thoughts you could add beyond my questions?

Please, if you have time, could you help us normal people's choices with your knowledge?  Please expound on the usefulness of scrog and what you see are scrogs limitations.

2. Naaaa, I here he is from Asia.  More like 3 deep in some floozy.

3. #1004 snoopdog6502, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014

Scrog is realy for people with space and light limitations or people try to maximize yields. Now the grow time thing factors in the topping and training eats a couple weeks for that extra yield .

Where I could use the scrog is to hold the buds up, not so much holding the plant down.

Someone on a budget should do everything the can do to maximize the plant. Odds are they dont have 45 plants so they can maximize their effort into a few plants.

Now iv been a sea of green style grower for a long time, never gave much a shit about plant numbers.

The number one reason I have not spent time with a scrog is I simply dont like more bullshit in the grow room, Its work enough to water everyone. LST can accomplish much of the same thing as a scrog. If I had one small room I would do it.

But I have several rooms to use, extra lights, no care about the power bill, I just hang more lights when I want more.

I could do a hydro scrog of green but that would be a logistical nightmare to check all the tubs and do top off's and testing.

So far im geared up for 18 5 gallon tubs.Im going to have plenty of heavily loaded plants to hold UP! :)

Working with clones gives you a plant with lots of branches. I find they dont realy need trained much.

I just seem to like sea of green so much more, the fast turn around and little to no time invested into growing a plant.
    Sativas hogging my flower room for 8-12 weeks are about all I can stand.

Another thing is my growing style is to leave the plants alone, they grow real well without me fucking with them every day.
    Hydro has me spoiled, I water 1-2 times a week and raise the lights. :D Cannabis lives a short life around here. I get up growing flower and chop in a rather condensed time frame.

I do know it is to my advantage to do a more substantial job of training but im lazy on my indoor. Truth is I have plants trained outdoors that are cannabis, tomatoes, beans ,cucumbers,melons , gourds,pumpkins, grapes, fruit trees. I do lots of training, LOL way more then the average gardener. I have too much garden to do justice with pictures, I will have to do videos.

You want a good way for a noob to start. plant about 120 solo cups and grow them till sexed. Plant the girls in 49 2 gallon square pots and flower them out under a 1,000w or more. you will have a fat harvest. SOG rocks!

4. WOW! Respect the knowledge!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Send me seeds fast! 

6. but also try posting in sick plant thread. Very helpful there. I all ways ask problems there get very fast responses.

Let's Smoke About It.....
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1320164-Sade's-First-Grow-Green-Crack

7. Thanks i will try that!

Ill do that the next time but I didnt want to make a post about such a little thing :x

My hydroponics journal http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-grow-journals/1326469-my-green-bucket.html

8. #1013 snoopdog6502, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    Both 1,000's are hung, one has been powered up at 50%. hydro babies and 12 cones under the MH.

Ok I have the 30 6" net pots, 12 more 5 gallon tubs, a second 70LPM air pump .

I am going to buy a big bag of clay balls and lay in a good stock of nutrients. That's all I need to get growing big time.

I got some work to do, get air lines, cut lids for net pots. Planted some Dark Devil X White Rhino seeds today that sprouted in water.

My wife is kicking me in the ass to get going, She wants me to clone the shit out of everything, she also wants the cross the dark devil rhino mix with the bubblicious. She is so fucking cool. :)

The new clones,blackberry,FLO,jack herre, bubblicios. in coffee can cloners.

clones91.jpg

Getting the veg room set up a little, got the MH in the 1,000w. Rounding up gear.
    vr91.jpg

Getting the flower room layout, going to get air lines in soon.Lids cut for net pots.
    fr91.jpg

Pool number two is kick ass, 2 of the plants are big like Christmas trees.
    pool291.jpg

Flo is going awesome after all the training, she might get her own personal greenhouse built over her.
    flo91.jpg

The biggest Blackberry girl and this is taken with the camera over my head, she as huge bitch.
    biggirls91.jpg

Life is good round here, I dont have a complaint in the world. :D

9. Damn man that looks killer !!
    Love the flo especially!
    You should check my journal out finished my grow closet made it all by myself :D

My hydroponics journal http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-grow-journals/1326469-my-green-bucket.html

10. Man i wish my honey dos included cloning and breeding!! That is all right man. 

11. That's why we own land!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

She motivates me, shes a real cute little lady. She she can make me do anything.:)

She wants me to build a couple big cloners for some good numbers.

Her and I grow lots of plants and animals and are very blessed.

13. NICE!!!! Great weed and a great woman :) NICE!!! 

14. My God. Snoop please hire me to watch over your plants.

You can pay me in weed!  :laughing:  :laughing:

15. Looking great snoop, gotta love it when the wife is hustling you to get the clones going!