Salt Dogs DWC

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by SaltyWarDog, Feb 1, 2014.

1. had some white hairs make an appearance yesterday and today when I opened the tarp it was a little faint smell of green. YA BUDDY

2. chem burn on WW but other than that going good, Noticed earlier she can't handle to much. Bub is stretching more so I raised the lights started with 800ppm done to 600 with WW and 700 for Bub. The roots are stained not rioting, could use more air next time as these roots are huge

Attached Files:

3. 2m 2w old(2w Flower) Bub is stacking and WW took a day to drink after I burned her but all good now.
    temps around 70 during day 73 at night when the lights are on. I added water to both no nutes 3 days now, today added a little koolbloom and mirco. going to take it easy for a minute. Thursday(tomorrow) I'm res changing since I skipped my Sunday change.

Attached Files:

4. Hey i had a very similar set up as you about a year ago, and if you do DWC just right im sure you can get massive yields at much faster rates. (compared to soil). but i think the only way to achieve this is by using a water cooler to keep temperature in check. without that you can easily hit 80+ on the water temp. once that happens you get brown slime growing wich is the absolute worst, it was a non stop battle for me, i also never had a water cooler so i had to protect the buckets from light and keep putting frozen water bottles in there. also if you follow haisenburgs brown slime recipe (google DWC brown slime should be first link) you can very effectively fight the brown slime. but only use exactly what he says. dont try and go cheap on your myco becuase the brand he recommends contains a virus or some sort of bacteria that will eat pathogens (like the brown slime) and when you brew it right there is so much good microbes that your roots will start to explode with new very bright white roots. if you can manage temps and keep adding the microbe brew you can very effectively stop the brown slime. I personally think the only way to keep a healthy DWC system is to have your temperature regulated from day 1 to end, and if you have a brown slime problem you have to use the microbe tea from day 1 to end. I realized that DWC is way to much work and if your even going to start to do all that work you might as well do it completely right or you most likely will be wasting your time. Soil may be slightly slower but next time i grow indoors i will definiatly be giving organic soil a try because one thing i noticed about hydro is that the buds never get really dense (at least not when i did it) and it is just to much work. Plus i think you can get better smelling and tasting buds with doing organic soil to its fullest. 

5. #25 SaltyWarDog, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2014
    Watch hygrohybrid on YouTube. 1 or more Lbs per plant. At 73 it will not cause root rot and good ventilation is key if it was 78 to 80 I would be worried but my California light works led is on the way and I can keep cooler using that if need I have my room set to 72. Lots of things to watch yes but yield is worth it along with my outside plants I only go full cycle in side during the winter

Everything else will be brought in to flower when ready till winter

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. I also cleaned my bucket up till 3 weeks ago during res change but the roots are to big

7. Bub is putting it on and WW is doing ok, need to trim some more under growth last week I had a pile of trimmings

Attached Files:

8. #30 SaltyWarDog, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2014
    Been late on updates here's last weeks. 5 weeks flower. Didn't use orca and dropped silca last week. N defect in some leaves but still pumping up. used superthrive, calmag, florabloom. floralicous, florablend. went lite of the bloom and licous as they are slightly different from one another. Also took it lighter on the nutes for white widow and she is showing good growth. Got my California lightworks sloarstorm 440 for summer work as heat will be a problem

Pic 1 bub
    2 WW
    3 Bub
    4 bub
    5 ww
    6 Bub

Attached Files:

9. looking lovely :yummy:

10. #33 SaltyWarDog, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2014
    Didn't take a lot of pics of WW but she as rebounded nicely, week 6 flower. Last time using floramicro, gro, bloom with calmag, superthrive . will be hitting it one more time with the sugars and then water I am cutting calmag and superthrive all together.

Bub Pic 1, 2, 3
    WW pic 4

Thanks Guys. I will be getting another inline fan 6 inch to replace the 4 and run the four inch as intake.

Forgot to add, both genetics are great just go easy on the white with the nutes. I am looking at purple trainwreck, pineapple chunk, and blue cheese

Attached Files:

11. #34 SaltyWarDog, May 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014
    Tomorrow is 7 weeks flower, both have plenty of white hairs so 10 weeks or longer. Last heavy hit of sugars no more cal mag or superthrive. I squeezed my nugs, very dense.

Pictures in order
    1 WW, 2 Bub, 3 Bub, 4 WW, 5 Bub. 6 WW

Attached Files:

12. Just a little extra before the next photo update, The bubblelicous is from Nirvana and I have one fem seed left, will order more down the road my favorite strain I've grown even over ak49. WW is royal queen seed and is nice but like I said got easy on the nutes. I'm looking at getting one or two of sativa dominate, Indica dom, and hybrid  

here's some new strains im looking
    pineapple chunk, Barneys
    Blue Cheese, Royal queen
    Sour D, royal queen
    Blue Dream, Humboldt

13. just waiting to finish still plenty of white hairs, gonna hit it light this week and almost nothing next week. Getting antsy waiting to finish these beauties.

pic 1,2,3,5,6 bub
    pic 4,7 WW

Attached Files:

14. I didn't use an nutes last week and still straight water till finish. Leaves are starting to drop off or yellow but probably at least a week 10 to 11 weeks total time. WW looks a little farther along. Better photos when I get back

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400855036.958222.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400855058.291303.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Just got home from honoring my brothers in arms. Have several branches hanging or tipping yellow leaves, a few areas still have quie a few standing hairs. Those hanging branches made me smile but I need to get some yo yo's to keep them up

16. Bub is still flowering hopefully a week or so, had an outdoor clone finish of her and it was nice. The NL I got was ok, the white widow is good but the bub is the best in the group. straight water for 4 weeks at least, week 11 or so flower. brought all my clones and 2 seed grown bubs inside. WW has a few branches left to cut down, I space out trimming 4-6 hours a day because it sucks and I try to get every leaf(OCD) but after an hour or so I get lazier. This my largest crop to date and DWC was awesomely easy but it does take time everyday, when I was out of town I would call my baby sitter everyday.

My California lightworks solarstrom 440 is up with the uvb bulbs on (need to get led glasses). I have a few outdoor plants flowering but the light cycle is close to sending them to reveg, I do not like doing that but I need time to clean up after everything is finished.

I switched the Bub to the right and WW to the left.

Attached Files: