Any News on Grasshopper Vape?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by andrewcarnegie, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Well this blows...I was hoping for good things from this. Hope it turns out that the wait will be worth it..

2. Coming soon - 2016

Sent from my HTC One X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. This pisses me off a bit. I think they should offer some sort of consolation for making supporters wait so fucking long beyond their own projected delivery date. I get that things take time to do right, and unexpected delays occur, but an extra six months? WTF? How about including a carrying case, or extra battery or something for the trouble?

4. This thing sounded cool in the beginning... THe product still sounds cool... But so do other " non existent" products like time machines, hover boards and flux capacitors.

The people who have paid , with the expectation of a delivery date back in feb , should receive some compensation

I understand the developers are excited and proud of what they are doing and what to do a good job, but that in no way makes it ok to do what they have been doing. This is not business... This is not customer service. It's more like a dream project being " tried out" at consumer expense... Rather than a real project/ plan being implemented based on panning and research.

It looked cool in the beginning. .

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I'm just mad I can't buy one yet... I still want one.... And I'll buy one if it ever comes out

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I got fed up with it and just dropped $250 for a Pax. Best $250 I've ever spent. Took it to the beach with two of my friends last night and the three of us got blazed on 3 bowls of the Pax, which would be unheard of for any other type of smoking implement. Very stealthy. People walked right past us and didn't even take a second glance (granted, it was 11:00 at night on the beach, so anyone else out there wasn't totally innocent themselves).

The way the Grasshopper team handled this was very unprofessional. You can give them the excuse that they're obviously novice college students, but as a college student myself, that's somewhat offensive. They chose to play in the game with the big boys, but they still want as many "do-overs" as they can get. They promised this to be delivered, IN PEOPLE'S HANDS in February, and still haven't even delivered ANYTHING. At the very least, they could deliver weekly emails, videos, updates, something showing that the money that people gave them is going to good use. I would be beyond pissed if I gave them money in December and still waiting around for the vaporizer to show up.

So my advice to everyone on this thread: buy a Pax. After my two friends tried it (traditional smokers, they use blunts, pipes, bongs, etc), they're about to buy one themselves. It's hella expensive, but it's truly freedom. Especially in a state like Florida where the old retirees, police, conservatives ( <_<), etc are always out to bust stoners, the Pax is truly a breath of fresh air (literally - no carcinogens or nasty shit that's in normal smoked marijuana). I got fed up with the Grasshopper, and quite frankly, will probably not be buying one when(if) they finally do release them.

7. Honestly if people really sat down and looked at the situation it wouldn't of been hard to see that grasshopper didn't have a chance of meeting a February delivery date. They had not created the actual heater for it yet and they had not even found the actual battery for it yet. It was just a lot of cool designs and a seemingly working prototype that worked more as a proof of concept and definitely less as a close to finished product. I still hope these guys finish this vape and it works as advertised. I just think they were a lot further a way from a finished product than most people assumed. 

8. Delays for days.

I'm sure these young lads are quite strapped for time, being rocket scientists and all.

9. #49 ThreeFiftyZzz, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    Here is an update from last week for those wondering..

7 days ago
    <span>Hey Everyone!</span>

Glad to be back with another little update. The project is going well, and we're happy to say that we're still on target for the July delivery. We've moved into the new office, and we're in the process of setting up the assembly area. Things have gone quite smoothly with the move, and we're happy to be here.

Orders on the remaining parts and molds that require significant lead-time will be placed before the 15th of next month. This gives the manufactures the time they need, and allows us to ensure the parts will be perfect. We've been spending a lot of time checking and double checking design clearances and compatibility on the Grasshopper.

The software that controls the Grasshopper has also been getting a lot of attention. Like the parts and molds, each piece of software must be checked and rechecked. We've developed a custom testing platform to troubleshoot and optimize the Grasshopper system. Using this platform, we can test all possible functions of the device under a wide range of conditions.  Once finalized, our PCB manufacturer will upload it to every Grasshopper.

This is the main focus of the project, as we'll need to have final versions submitted within the next 30-40 days for them to arrive on-time.

Things are looking good and we are happy with the progress over the last few months. Thanks to all of your support, we're as stoked as ever to be working all-out on the project!

Check back on the 1st for another update!

The Grasshopper Team
    [​IMG]Matthew Most

10. I'll definitely buy it when it comes out, but not give money in advance, unless I can spare it to avoid disappointment. I really hope this is the first vape pen to remember.

11. Remember friends that indiegogo is naturally risky. Its purpose is to give makers and creative people the chance to start without the trappings (and advantages) of big industry. Indiegogo is not Amazon Prime.

12. Looking like a july ship date as of now. It will probably end up being pushed back again though. It seems to me like from reading there posts these guys had no real idea how to manufacture something or run a company. 

13. I really hate this whole "pre-order" revolution that I've seen lately. I know its a way to get metrics and things like that for the company, but when they start pushing things back due to complications, thats where pre-ordering become ineffective. Thats why I've stopped pre-ordering things; I used to pre-order video games all the time but suddenly realized it was nothing more than a marketing ploy.

My advice on all these vapes, I wouldn't buy one until I can get my hands on one and see that its real, it works, and its safe; either from a friend, check a local head shop... anything. Don't give in to the pre-order bandits!!

14. yeah id be pretty pissed off if i bought into this when it first started and had to wait this long for my product. especially if it turns out to not work well and youve wasted all this time for nothing when you could of gotten another product with your $100...

15. Is it out yet?

16. #56 lFourTwenty, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2014

Nope..people who invested in this "company" still have not received a vaporizer.

It's really unbelievable when you think about it...these people have managed to take a total of $365,830 from people, and have yet to deliver on any of their promises.

The way it's looking right now, I would be surprised if it was released before 2015. I actually really wanted to get one of these, but I am so glad I did not ever send them any money. 

17. There trying to make a product that is incomparable to anything that's on the portable vaporizer market. They have a website, Facebook, Instagram ect..and they have been giving updates (with pics) every 15 days on Fuckcombustion.com in the grasshopper thread for a while now. I have 100% faith that they will deliver a product. Whether or not it actually performs like they say is up for debate, but this is a new company a company of younger gentleman if I might add.
    With any new company there's gonna be speed bumps. I have confidence in the grasshopper team because there more concerned about making a quality product than they are hitting a release date. I want them to take as long as they need to so when I use the grasshopper its like I'm hitting my SSV. If they can do that I'll wait till 2016 if I have to. it ain't like 99 dollars is making or braking me bro lol.

Who said 99 dollars was making or breaking you..

The point of my post was that they promised to have this vaporizer ready and shipped out almost a year ago, and they still haven't even started shipping anything. 

You are in the minority there..most people who paid $99 expected to have a vaporizer in their hands long before now, and would definitely not be interested in waiting another year for them to get it right, but rather have their money back and put it towards an actual vaporizer that they can use, not just the idea of one.

19. I got plenty of vaporizers to use in the mean time man lol. Just bought the haze on Friday and its tits.
    When the grasshopper finally does come out and it kicks ass you'll have them to thank for not releasing a half assed piece of shit just because no one could wait till they got it right. And don't act like u ain't gonna buy it when it does finally come out and does what it claims. Lol

Which would be the smart thing to do, right? Wait until it's actually out and actually does what they claim?

I would rather spend that same $100 on nutes or something that I can use, rather than give them $100 for something I'm gonna get like 2 years from now, and not only that, not even know if it's gonna work as advertised.