Any News on Grasshopper Vape?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by andrewcarnegie, Jan 31, 2014.

1. So...I'm still optimistic about this device, but it's a bit frustrating that the delivery date has been moved back at least a couple of months.  I can't say I'm surprised though.  Based on everything I've seen from them so far, it seems like they're much better at the engineering thing than at marketing, business, and communications.  Which I suppose may be a good thing in the end.  I mean, better to have the focus on the end result than on the marketing and sales, as is so often the case with other products.  But still...let's move it along, boys!

2. How can you say something like that when nobody outside of the company has even seen one? In my opinion, marketing and exposure is what they are best at. How else do you get 300,000 dollars in funding for something that didn't even exist yet?

3. Been saying this from the get-go, juke is affiliated with this company people....

So has this scam of a product been exposed yet? I'm ready for some backlash

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Shades of Versa?  

5. Man I just read through the last 15/20 pages of the versa thread on FC. Hate to hear of stuff like this happening to good people.

6. I can say it because I believe they're sincere. I haven't seen anything yet that makes me think otherwise. Is it a scam? No one knows that yet either. But if it is, they're doing a terrible job at it. Photos and videos of themselves online, going to the trouble of designing and manufacturing prototypes, and leaving a big wide trail leading back to themselves is no way to run a scam. By all appearances, they're young guys with a good idea who bit off a little more than they were prepared to chew. So now they're learning business via on the job training. I'm not happy about it, but I'm not ready to accuse them of being criminals.

7. I'll bet you believe 9/11 was an inside job, the government is tranquilizing us with contrails, and there are aliens living at Area 51, too.

Chill. You're being paranoid.

8. #28 ckycampmember, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2014
    No I am most certainly not a conspiracy theorist, but nice reach. One thing that I do find funny is the fact that you continually defend yourself against this claim. If you had nothing to do with this company, then why would you even take the time of day to defend yourself, if you accused me of astroturf/shrill I would laugh and never think twice...

You cannot say that it's not a scam just because they have their faces and videos online. That's a pretty baseless claim. Pyramid and Ponzi schemes turn people into suckers daily.

EDIT: and the fact they they got way, way more donations than original requested would lead you to believe they could afford to hire more employees. As a result the product should have been released on time. Not ignore the customers emails an push the releaseday back.

9. You know what, you're right.  Busted!  I confess - I am actually the ringleader of the big conspiracy to defraud stoners of their life savings, $99 at a time. 

Happy now?

10. I really want a vape pen for dry herbs... Something I can use in public / around people and them not be suspicious. I was hoping this would be shipped by February so I could just buy one (I am not an original backer), but now we're talking about all the way into April.

Anybody else have a vape they would like to recommend that I can use in the meantime while waiting on this one to be released? I have a Lotus vaporizer, but it's not in the least bit stealthy. The lighter is loud, it's a torch lighter so it sounds like I'm smoking crack or something, and it's not easy I hide it. Anybody got a good vape pen to recommend?

11. I use my pax everywhere I go. It has a mild smell outdoors. You know someone's medicating if used indoors ( like all or most vapes)
    Very stealthy

12. As far as I can tell, there are still no actual vape pens for herbs on the market. If it's pen-shaped, it doesn't vape, and if it vapes, it's not pen shaped.

That's what I've been finding as well. The Pax looks nice, but it's a bit pricey. Looks like I'll still be waiting in line for the Grasshopper to come out.

14. There is the Tvape

15. #35 andrewcarnegie, Feb 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2014
    Just discovered this. At $99, it's very affordable. Delivery in April 2014. Anybody see anything about this?

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/skycloud-vaporizer

EDIT: Did some research on this, and a lot of people are saying it's crap. Never mind! Looks like I'm still waiting on Grasshopper.

16. The latest posting:

Matthew Most posted an announcement 9 days ago

<span>Things are moving along steadily at Grasshopper. Throughout these last two weeks, we've finished battery testing, and selected the final version of battery chemistry. Batteries have undergone extensive in-house testing using a battery cycler, which has allowed us to compare dozens of cell chemistries from various manufactures. This ensures that we are getting the absolute best possible battery available.</span>
    Last week, we also secured a larger assembly space, which we are looking forward to getting operational. This will allow us to complete assembly with much more breathing-room.
    Our new website is 99% complete, and will launch very soon. The minute it goes live, Indiegogo backers will be able to check the details of their individual orders, and get updates as their specific Hopper comes off of the line. Due to the huge number of backers, we are still in the process of hand-checking each order to make sure everything is correct before the site launches.  Stay tuned, and get stoked!

17. What is everyone going to do if this thing never comes out, and it'd too late to do a dispute cause the $ charged on the credit/debit card is past the dispute window?

The further they push the date, the less likely you'd recover the money if this turns out to be a big flop, right?

Maybe I'm just a pessimist

Sent from my HTC One X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. More like realistic caution.

19. Reviving this thread to remind people that they are posting an update on their Indiegogo page tomorrow, March 17.

20. Here is their latest update. VERY disappointing to learn that they pushed delivery to July. I think they screwed their backers by promising the initial (and VERY premature) delivery estimate in February.

Needless to say, I'm buying a Pax. However, I will continue to follow the Grasshopper and update this thread for everyone accordingly.