Is this true? 40% thc buds in Australia

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Slick_Rick, Jan 31, 2014.

If this is true, remind me never to hit up Australia.

2. I think one person can grow %12 THC bud from the same seeds.

3. So almost half the bud weight was in thc? Which means literally half the nug was trichomes? Someone somewhere is full of shit. I've smoked 50 percent thc hash. That's pretty much what your saying the herb was. Some crazy aborigine mother fucker is growing hash in soil.

knives heated dull red
    release sweet smoky nectar
    I am lifted high

4. If it is true, it would be super rare... Probably grown around nimbin, that place it 99% stoners and hippies!
    As an Aussie in Melbourne I can say that we get some pretty dank bud, but not many people have any strain names or knowledge on the bud. It's only known as hydro or bushies (outdoor) Maybe that's just the sources I have...

Time does not exist... Let that resinate.

5. I live in Melbourne and we get some really good buds mostly I'm not sure about 40% though I have heard of it i may have even smoked it before, who knows.

Add me on Instagram @the_hazey_hermit
    Stay high and be free

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #46 juzzyjuz, May 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2014
    they obviously don't know how to test it. 40% from street bags. come on now people.
    I want to smoke a sample or it's Bullshit.

sent my computer using a ps2 keyboard

7. This. I don't believe that article for second. 32% is the highest THC count I've ever heard of (though it could be higher I'm sure).

8. Wow i have seen tested results up to 35% in a flower which is probably very difficult to grow. But i also know that's extremely rare too. I have never in my life, until now heard of 40% in a flower. And they say it even goes higher than that!!! In a flower?????????

9. I also find it hard to believe that the average australian grower is not just beating the best cannabis growers from all over the world but absolutely smashing their records! Think about it, even with state-of-the-art technology/techniques the best growers can only get a little above 30%, there just seems to be an upper limit to the ratio of thc to plant matter. Call me crazy but yeah.

10. Percentages are bunk........40% of what? The overall bud weight? The overall plant weight? Or simply 40% of 'the liquid found in the resin head' is THC. To chop a small part of a nug with the highest resin content and do a test is flawed.......chop some sugar leaves into it instead of the primo part of the bud and numbers will dive. THC as a measure against green weight should be taken with a grain of salt. True measure must be the THC context of extracts that exclude any other plant matter in their base lines! Green weight Percentages are to help sell plants......

11. Even an oil might only be 60-70% THC and the rest is acids and other terpenes etc........

Maybe a plant has 40% resin content on a bud bud it sure ain't going to all be THC.

12. Depending on the grower this is very possible. I've seen up to 35% but it takes a highly experienced grower to reach these levels, but the first thing I thought of when I heard 40% buds is how good of oil it would make

13. I got an eighth of Blue Dream on a road trip to Seattle, picked it up in Denver and enjoyed it for the rest of the trip...was 27.3%
    was...so wonderful <3

I'd believe 40% is possible, but damn... what would it even LOOK like lol

14. #54 Delphinidins, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2015
    Although its possible,
    I must say from years of experience with dealers and growers all around Aussie i have yet to see anything even come close to 40% its rare to see 20% here. The last 10-15 years weed has been average/bad unless its from private experienced or medicinal growers with quality international seeds.

Only recently the weed has become a lot better.

15. Its a fairy tale come on guys..

16. About 31%-32% is the highest I've seem. I'm going to call bullshit on 40%.

17. i came...
    bricks were shat....
    i came bricks...
    im not taking it any farther....

18. The high times champions tested under 30 percent.

19. #59 pqppqpqq, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2015
    I don't believe it for a second. [​IMG]
    That stuff is tested at 28.66% THC. You're telling me some dude in Australia can grow weed that is a 35% improvement from this? I really doubt it.

20. I don't think the plant could even survive with that much thc. It does need all that other stuff to grow, you know