Hawaii Maui Waui

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by keith139, Jan 29, 2014.

1. #1 keith139, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
    How much will Hawaii maui waui generally grow when I switch to 12/12. Some people say doubles but some say maui waui triples or more. I want my plant around 5' but I don't think I can fit any taller. I have 7' minus the air cooled hood and 5 gallon pots.

2. I have some seeds I bought last year that I have never germinated yet. I am going to assume it will at least triple in height being a Sativa.

3. I have a ton of seeds as well. Cant wait to grow a nice female out proper. This is just a 12/12 from seed i threw in the flower tent for fun. 4+ weeksSent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

4. #4 keith139, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
    Ok so I'm going to switch my plants to 12/12 at 18" and hope for it to triple to 4.5'. I am going to be using fox farms ocean forest from seedling to harvest in five gallon pots for five plants under a 600W HID lighting system in a 4'x4'x7' area(maybe I should cut down to 4 so 1 per square foot or is there room for 5) I'm going to take it light on the nutrients (fox farm trio) and give half the recommended feeding schedule until I see any reason other too because I read maui does well with a light nutrient intake and a lot of light. How long do you think the nutrients in ocean forest would last before I should start feeding nutes?

5. I use fox farm ocean forest as well. I used the soil for all of my plants vegitative stage and lightly feed when i flipSent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I'd wait until they show pre flowering before you switch them

7. Being that there is no/never was an actual strain named "Maui wowie," what you have could be anything really be anything. 

-Maui Wowie was just a generic term to describe where the weed came from back in the 70's.  If you got the seeds from a breeder you might want to ask them, because I have lived in Hawaii for 30 years and never heard of maui wowie as being an actual strain.

8. ^^^research says otherwise but ok.Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

What research did you do? Google it and find a website written by someone who doesnt/hasnt ever lived here?  There's so many conflicting "sources" that all describe it different.

I've got 15 years actively living in the Hawaii Cannabis scene...thats research.  And not once have I heard any local mention the strain, ever.  You blaze with old time growers here and you cant bet they dont reminisce about smoking maui wowie back in the day.  It is a mythical name used only by outsiders that live on the mainland. But you're welcome to go to the Hawaii growers thread on rollitup and ask anyone there.

As to the OP, If you have a a sativa dominant strain, you are almost guaranteed to outgrow your space, as well as be in for a hellishly long flower time.

10. 15 years from when? 2000?Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. YOUR THE FUCKING MAN. AND LOL @ ROLL IT UPSent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I would love to have some Maui seeds.  Some of the best smoke I have ever had. 

13. Moved here in 1989.

There is no such thing as a hawaiian landrace, the first seeds came from war vets returning from vietnam and elsewhere and the genetics just performed better in Hawaiian soil, due to many factors...volcanic soil, sun intensity, micro-climates, etc.  Any supposed "hawaiian" genetics is really just old landraces from columbia, thailand, vietnam, etc.  and some pollen chucking along the way.
    So sorry to burst your bubble on your current grow, but if you know anything about seed companies, you know that majority of them will market any way possible to cash in on hype i.e. GSC, "hawaiian" strains, kush everything.....

And I dont get the stab about rollitup, way less noobs/trolls than here, plus a several hundred page long Outdoor Hawaii Growers thread, one of the only of its kind on the interweb. 

14. Cool bro.This goes way beyond seed banks. Peace. Happy growing.Roll it up is the reason i.ended up here. Couldnt even tell it was a cannabis site anymore. Really really really lame. Just my opinion. Enjoy the island Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. regardless of how real or not maui wowie is, it still exists as a seed from a seed bank. so for all intensive purposes, maui wowie exists as a strain, even if there is no real singular "maui wowie". in terms of the maui wowie that does exist as a commercial product, it is mostly sativa and acts much like a skunk, so expect a pretty huge increase in growth, I'd say 3x depending on how long you veg for. I have no personal experience with the strain though so don't hold me to it