Moms?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by SmokingBeauty, Jan 27, 2014.

1. I think it all depends on how high the parent is around their child. I wouldn't want smoke in front of my kid if I were I have any but I have a low thc tolerance for a daily toker and but only get completely stoned when I'm toking with friends.

Each session doesn't have to be about getting blazed out of your mind. It's nice to have a buzz going on while doing remedial, every day things. I'm a very cautious person, and I may have a shorter term memory when high, it doesn't effect my judgment too badly.

3. I have 3 kids 11,12 and 14. I started smoking again recently after many years of not. Feeling extra guilty after reading this thread now :/ I do think it comes down to the way weed affects ur functioning, in my case I am more energetic more in touch with my surroundings and all round a more chill mum, but reading others thoughts on the matter it makes me wonder if I should just quit again.

4. I'm a mom of (number greater than 2).  I have teens and a preschool-age child.  I medicate with low-thc stuff during the day, but in the evenings, I use stuff with a bit more thc.  I don't drive or parent the preschooler alone when I'm even a little bit off my game.  That one would burn the house down.  Or break my teacups.  Or start and lead a revolution.  Most likely the latter.

I've also worked with CPS folks, and I get the impression that it would very much be case-by-case whether a CPS social worker would care about the marijuana in a legal state.

I don't "smoke", only vape concentrates and use tinctures and pills (my use is medical, though.)  I do have an opinion on parents who either smoke (any plant matter, really) in a house where kids live, and I have a similar opinion about parents who get to where their judgement is clouded when they're the only parent on duty.

Uh.  I do hope you're telling the parents that you're under the influence?  Because I wouldn't want a babysitter under the influence of ANYTHING when watching my kid.

5. Don't tell your kids, don't tell anyone

6. There was a study sponsored by the U.S. government on moms in Jamaica who used cannabis.
    To make a long story short: they found that smoking cannabis during pregnancy, breast feeding, etc. had no negative impacts on the women or their children.

Feel free to do a Google search or read the book "Smoke Signals" by Martin A. Lee.

No, actually I don't have to because it's pretty obvious that I smoke weed daily . And they often tell me "Make sure you smoke up , Ally is showing her ass today" (meaning she's acting up not literally showing her ass)

And even if , A. YOU smoke before you babysit your own kids , B. You haven't told your kids you smoke and C. How is it YOU can be high around your kids and know what you're doing , but I can't be ? 

If you're worried about accidents and/or mistakes , well then you hate life cuz that's part of it . I've heard of babysitters killing babies , SOBER . So its a gamble either way . 

8. I have 3 young boys. Wife doesn't toke just me. Never do it in the house or around the kids. I smoke on my way home from work and then again after everyone goes to bed and I have my "me" time. I wouldn't mind my wife smoking either if she did it like me. But she just isn't into it so that's cool. But I don't think any parent should be smoking in front of their kids. Not for legality purposes or anything just for the fact that I don't think their little lungs need to be around it. I look at it as I go to work and breathe in shit I know I wouldn't want my kid to breathe in but because I'm a adult and it's my job it's ok but wouldn't be for a kid. Same thing.

Moms who toke are cool. Just don't be ripping a bong with a baby in your arms lol. Enjoy Mary Jane when the kids are asleep or out with your spouse or something. I take quick smoke breaks all the time. "Dryer isn't drying right you say? Hang on lemme go out to the garage and grab some tools". Quick 10 mins smoke session and all good!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum