Moms?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by SmokingBeauty, Jan 27, 2014.

Aw! Same age as my little girl!

2. I smoke before I babysit. Makes reading Dr. Suess books' 24 times in a row less annoying.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it if you're not smoking in front of them (although I know a few wonderful moms that do) and you educate them if they come to you with questions.

Sent from my handy dandy notebook using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. #23 TheWhiteLighter, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
    I'm a dad and I have always played it to never smoke or vape in front of my daughter and occasionally sneak away for a quick puff to take the edge off (10 yrs old and many neighborhood girlfriends hanging around doing Karaoke and stuff). Sometimes you need the P-break(parental break).

Just don't do it in front of the kids. Get your shit done first then treat yourself later. If you want to smoke while the kids up slip away, get lifted and hold back on getting stoned. Thats my advice.

Better being a stoner mom than a lush mom thats for sure.

4. #24 tetoleetd, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2014
    who says you have to smoke around them? you can smoke pretty sneakily and your kids would be oblivious to it. and no, you shouldnt tell your kids. not until they are old enough to understand and not give a fuck anyway.

5. i dont think its wrong to be a stoner parent. i dont think you should smoke during pregnancy, but thats a different issue. maybe when the child is very little you shouldnt get high as fuck but once they are a little older i dont think it matters if youre high or not. its weed, not crack.

Gazillion reps! Easy to see that you do know what you are talking about...

7. My wife quit smoking when she got pregnant and just never got back into it again, but in the 12 years we've had our son I have never done much in the way of hiding it from him. Sure as a baby most adult activities stay away from them but if I'm smoking in the garage or outside and he is around I'm perfectly content to smoke. If I am of the opinion that weed isn't any worse then alcohol (or better then booze) I'm not sure why I would feel the need to hide. We don't smoke inside very often but in the off chance I am and he wanders into the room I don't freak and kick him out or anything. Unless it is insanely smoked out I suppose.

Some kids love to get into shit or babble to people, obviously every situation is different. I'm lucky enough that my kid isn't a snitch and understands that power tools, fire, alcohol, driving, smoking, firearms, weed and many other things are for adults only. However a few of those adult only things can be enjoyed by a well behaved child under adult supervision.

and 200% this. I'm a smoking mom, two little boys. Just be responsible OP, you know your own limits...Never hurts to remember that your kids won't survive without you, so even if you choose to get high as fuck make sure that the little people are cool and happy. I smoke daily for the last couple of years, mostly after the bed time, but plenty of times during the day too. The kids never saw me smoking though and I intend to keep it that way until they are in teens. Hopefully by then it'll be legal in my state...

9. It really all depends on how old your children are, really. If they're younger, they're most likely not going to understand it till an older age, or won't care other than the first onset of curiosity of why mommy smells of goodness.

10. I'm much more okay with stay-at-home parents smoking cannabis, and being open about it with their kids (not necessarily smoking in front of them, exposing them to the smoke and such) than I am about a stay-at-home parent who exposes their kids to tobacco smoke and other harmful substances.

I don't think it's the best to be under the influence when they're really young and dependent on you but if they're going to pre-school or school and you're smoking during that time OR at night when they go to bed, why not? It's all about knowing your limits. =)

11. I'm a stay at home mom, and my kids have no idea thst I smoke. I never do it in front of them.

Smoking doesn't make you a bad parent. There are people who dont smoke that are shitty parents.

12. Single dad and I smoke every day. Even tho I'm not a stay at home dad I work while she's at day care. I just do it when she's asleep. I feel like its not bad the only point when it becomes bad is when they know you do and I fear she will go into kindergarten later on if life and be like my daddy smokes green cigarettes or something like that. Haha.

13. Sincerely, please don't take this as hostile. I'm just curious. I'm on the west coast and have never ran into much "weed is the devil" mentality so I can easily accept that different regions react differently and that's probably the reason here but I'm wondering why you consider it bad for children to know that their parent smokes?

I'm also lucky enough to have a kid who's always understood that certain things at home are for us to know only. Kids with "big mouths" (don't mean to insult anyone's children, just couldn't think of a nicer way to word it) certainly would make things different if you're in a very anti weed region but other then that I dunno. Just don't personally see any reason to hide it like it's some sort of deep dark secret

Yeah, those are my personal reasons for not letting the children know that I smoke - living in the state where mj is only decriminalized to some degree, and the kids being way more chatty and naïve than I would like. I suspect that if they told anyone in school that Mommy smokes from a little glass thingy it would involve CPS pretty fast.

15. Thank you. Hopefully that isn't the case for much longer.

16. Believe me CPS has much worse parents to deal with. While i am not directly involved in the CPS field, i do work closely with many of the social workers. The least of their worries are pot head moms. Most times it takes some pretty extreme and consistent physical/ sexual abuse for a child to be removed from the home.
    If you take care of your kids and love them like you should you should not worry.

17. It still scares the shit out of me. I am so paranoid that if the cops are called on me they are going to take my son. I try really hard to keep it completely separate from my kid. I keep everything in a safe locked up, with the key hidden in another room. I only smoke when he is in bed for the night, NEVER smoke when he is awake. He isnt even allowed in the room we smoke in, but with all of that in place I am still so scared. I quit smoking for a while, but after an assesment of my situation I realized there would be no reason for the cops to come to my door. But that paranoia gets the best of me sometimes. 

As far as the rest of this thread, I really dont condone people smoking when their children are awake. I would never be able to live with myself if something happened because I wasnt at 100%. I also will not let my son know I smoke. It will be kept a secret as long as possible. IF i catch him smoking in high school I will gave a zero tolerance policy. His job is to do good in school, he is a child until he is out on his own paying his own bills. and I make the rules. Now the day he walks across the stage to get his diploma........ thats a different story, as long as he has a solid plan for his future. I dont want him to become some burn out.

18. Me and my husband try to hide it but then the other day our kid found the pipes and laughed and started coughing. Now we just hide them in a higher place lol. She's only 19 months so we arnt to worried about her talking.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. getting baked to do some parenting is not fine. if youre openly smoking or preparing to around your kid you need to get your shit together.

20. #40 The Stud, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
    I probably won't quit smoking when I have kids, but I'd do it on the down-low, after they go to bed..
    I wouldn't do it in front of them, no way.