Very first micro grow, bag seed then gdp

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by ClinicalExplosion420, Jan 27, 2014.

1. #1 ClinicalExplosion420, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
    The really long intro no longer applies, Bag seed of "The Doctor" germinated and sprouted, grow starts on next page.

Set up (as of now)

OBX box, cheapest hinges i could find, cheap hasp     30" H 18"w  15"D
    120mm computer fan that flows 40CFM for ventilation
    Right now, 2 26W CFL at 1660 lumens each, 6500K

24/0 light cycle (might hold till flower, but for now its because its small, and i dont have a timer

How things will be set up a few weeks down the line

10 23W CFL at 1600 lumens each, for a total of 16,000 lumens and 230 watts
    carbon filter
    reflective material (homedepot sells 1/2" foam sheets with mylar on one side ill be using that as the reflective material plus insulation to keep it warmer

hoping to up my size to my entire 2.5x4.5 foot closet, but who knows

Still need to get thermometer and PH tester and a light timer

2. Already got questions. I'm planing on my cab being 18x18x36 disguised as a nightstand it will be 6.75 cubic feet so I plan on one 120mm computer case fan will that be enough? 1: can I put my exhaust at the top back ( side that will be hidden by my wall) if I were to put the cab 2-3" away from the wall and extend the too to conceal that its away from the wall would that be enough air flow? Or would the wall hinder it?2: can I put the intake at the front bottom of the cab if its elevated a few inches like 2-3 With how my room will be that is the best solution I can come up with for concealment but I've never seen bit done before most people put the intake on the lower half of one side and the exhaust on the upper half of the opposite, any input would be awesome Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Um in bro, wish I had sum plushberry seeds.

Sent from my LGMS769 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I'm 90% sure these are plushberry. The only other thing it can be is blueberry. Both are wonderful in their indoor varieties so I'm hoping for some successSent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I'm hoping for plush though. The last indoor i had of it was great. There's tons of potential with it.Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Here they are... I've never seen a seed before but these seem a little small? Or maybe not? Guess we will just wait and seeSent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

7. Will have a google sketchup of the cab up by the end of the night :bongin: .... as long as im not to high :confused_2:  to figure it out now (i already did it all on paper earlier in the day, hopefully i can follow my sketchy drawings and scribbles haha
    :smoking:  :smoking:

8. Yea turns out Google sketch up is pretty much impossible. Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Never heard of it until you mentioned it, I'm going to have a go at drawing my case using it.

10. [quote name="RouxJr" post="19422900" timestamp="1390931636"]Never heard of it until you mentioned it, I'm going to have a go at drawing my case using it.[/quote]Don't do it. Its poop. Use the drawing in Google drive. Or torrent a quality cad program.. sketch up is not worth wasting the space on your computerSent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. You need to have the air refreshed at least 5-8 times a minute. You need an exhaust fan that moves at minimum, 33.75 to 54 cubic feet of air based on your dimensions. If you are able to elevate your box a few inches you could make holes on the bottom of the box in the corners for passive intake and have your exhaust on the top backside. 2 feet is plenty of space from the wall to insure proper air flow. 

Have your seeds germed yet? Best of luck and happy growing!

12. [quote name="kostyak" post="19434048" timestamp="1391070624"]You need to have the air refreshed at least 5-8 times a minute. You need an exhaust fan that moves at minimum, 33.75 to 54 cubic feet of air based on your dimensions. If you are able to elevate your box a few inches you could make holes on the bottom of the box in the corners for passive intake and have your exhaust on the top backside. 2 feet is plenty of space from the wall to insure proper air flow. Have your seeds germed yet? Best of luck and happy growing![/quote]Thanks for the reply! Last night when I checked one had cracked open so I'm hoping to see a tap root tonight when I get home! As for the box thanks for validating my thoughts on intake and exhaust placement, as for a fan I planed on buying a standard 120mm computer case fan, somewhere in the 180-210 cfm area so I should be good on that, would that high a cfm make up for a carbon filter? Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. I just noticed you said 2 feet, I asked about 2-3 inches, just wondering I'd you mixed up the symbols or if 2 feet is a minimum? No big deal either way just looking to clarifySent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Carbon filters eliminate odor so you do need some type of odor control if you want super stealth. I use gels and air fresheners and they work just fine. I thought you meant 2-3 ft but yes 2-3 inches would be ok but the more room the better.

With a fan that moves at least 180 cfm you would have a refresh rate of about 27 times a minute, add a carbon filter to that and the air flow could be impeded and your box may become a little warm but it is still very doable. I believe with a fan that size it could work in your favor. For my grow I have a 9'' exhaust fan that cycles 750 cfm within my 22 cubic ft box. The  air is refreshed about 36 times a minute. I placed my air gels by the exhaust and have no smell except when I open the door and it is pretty strong due to its lineage.

15. Well bad news everyone! My seeds were bunk. Oh well, I'm getting another half ounce of the same outdoor shit so maybe I'll find more seeds, maybe not, either way the cab is waiting on tax returns once they come in I'll build the cab and go get some legit GDP clones and start out. Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. First, sucks that they didnt germ fully. Second, how have you not gotten seeds before? Or even seen them? Not being a dick but damn! Lol. I can see if you smoke top notch stuff, minnesota obviously doesnt have that, but ive had a lot of mids that had seeds but you would get ripped!! Anyway, hope you find some, I'm always stoked to find some good looking beans. Stripes are good., also for the love of the next seeds, get some jiffy pellets from walmart or somewhere .. guarantee you will see a sprout come out as long as you keep the pellet moist.

Good luck !

Sent from my N800 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. I want to start a micro grow too soon here is my situation i live in illinois i have a 1 yr old daughter and i have chronic migrane and my wife has chrons disease we can make a oz last a month and a half but hmwho can really afford a oz and a half a month with a baby so i obviously need a VERY stealthy grow but im having a hard time thinking of a grow box that NOONE will question cuz if im caught growing that could be child endagerment even tho it will be under lock and key at all times

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. Wow sorry for such a late reply!

First, yea it sucks the seeds didn't germ but oh well, the bud was low quality anyway.
    Second: yea that's pretty much it I was blessed with a family med grower with only the finest. I recently met this guy through a friend and he's been pretty cool but the quality has been dropping hella, haven't found anymore seeds though but that's Ok, my GDP clones waiting on me :)

I'm also happy to report the cab has been built, now it is currently only a wooden shell, I still need to buy fans and fashion some sort of carbon filter, and pick up some lights, plus bust out the jig saw to cut all the accessory holes. But the ball is still rolling don't count me as a dead thread guys!

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. I'd go for your bedroom closet, or an attic. Kids have no reason being in either of those places, nor do any guests so you should be safe there, other then that just a carbon filter ect.

20. I just remembered.
    I actually want less air flow so it will get hotter in there, my bedroom only averages a few degrees warmer then outside, (poor insulation and no central heating lol) in the summer I should be fine heat wise, but winter its really cold in here. Like right now as I'm typing I can see my breath.