Coffee and Kelp

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by 4ala2sk0a, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Anyone ever mixed used coffee grounds into their soil? 
    Fresh kelp mulch?

Im curious as to their use!

2. Coffee grounds are a high-nitrogen, high-acid amendment to soil.  There are more well-rounded, more stable choices for soil amendments.  You might try vaporizing un-ground coffee beans with your weed.  I've been reading in several GC journals that this will get you wicked jacked up for your day 

Probably an urban myth. Check Erwoid's for some "self-study" results from smoking caffiene LOL.

I think one would be better served smoking some kind herb medicine and drinking a Lavaaza espresso... maybe double up on both.

Not dissin' on ya Gandalf. Try some Kona beans in your vape and let us know how it turns out. I'm all for getting a racy buzz. :smoking:

4. i add quite abit of coffee grounds to my compost pile.

5. I looked around for more insight, it appears to be a good fertilizer if used spairingly, because of its acidity.

It is good as it slowly releases its nutrients, and contains a fair amount of trace minerals.  As well as a lot of nitrogen.
    Just be cautious of its PH

6. #6 Gandalf_the_Green, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2014

I will definitely say I have never tried it.... I don't even drink coffee so it doesn't appeal to me.  But I read it in Jerry's Obsession thread..... SoooHaggard said it works very well (who I assume is now MicrobesnMe), so that's some legitimacy lol

Here's his post:

On the subject of Vapes,

Have any of you guys tried adding coffee beans to your vape? If I have the day off and want to wake and bake, I add .5 canna .5 wholecoffee beans. The caffeine rush is out of this world, and the grass mellows it out, I'm from New England so this is the bee's knees for me haha 

7. Meh, I'll continue using grounds in my vermi bins and just grow a nice sativa for the effect. I'd like to try one of them there Velvet Rushes...

I drink coffee like I do milk, so it doesn't last long and the more OM the better for vermicomposting. I fear that may be my limitation here, rather than space it's lack of material to work =/

8. Works for me lol

HaGGarD

9. We drink a LOT of coffee, more than the worms can consume. Or, rather we produce it faster than it can break down for the worms to consume.

I add it to the bins. I also add it to the bedding so it has a month or more to break down before it goes in the bins.

I also add it to the raised bed gardens and lately, from a tip, to my Azaleas.

The Azaleas are acid loving. The Garden and worm bedding is well limed and I've never noticed any ill effects, but supposedly, used grounds aren't all that acidic, but????????

The vast majority though goes in the worm bins or the bedding (same thing I guess).

Wet

10. [quote name="Gandalf_the_Green" post="19408530" timestamp="1390721832"]Coffee grounds are a high-nitrogen, high-acid amendment to soil. There are more well-rounded, more stable choices for soil amendments. You might try vaporizing un-ground coffee beans with your weed. I've been reading in several GC journals that this will get you wicked jacked up for your day [/quote]Some prisoners in jails smoke instant coffee in rolled up toilet paper for this reason :) Not that I ever did it.

11. Lol
    Well I have to say I never thought to smoke coffee.

But I added about a quarter cup of used grounds for each gallon of soil, I havent seen anything negative from ita use, but my plants are growing fast and healthy, so far so good.
    Also added chicken shit, so I guess its not just the coffee

Some prisoners learned to light a cigarette with a pencil and toliet paper. Not that I ever did it but I sure saw it done.

I might try to smoke some Cafe' Domingo with my morning smoko tomorrow and see what's up with smokin' coffee. .... in the interest of stoner-science and getting a bunch of shit done just in case it works ... :bongin:  :bongin:  :bongin: .... can you feel that   :smoking:  My wife will kick my ass if she catches me doing this LOL. Fuck it. No go no show mofo.

I sure drink a lot of coffee so if I can smoke it and get the same effect without messing my lungs up, I'm down for that. WTF  

Life is short. Live TALL! :smoke:

13. So much for smoking coffee. I will continue with the process "to get motivated" by way of drinking my coffee - strong and black just like I like my women. I'll set on fire and inhale the smoke from incenterating cannabis.

I choose a Caribou Laguna arabica coffee bean, previously ground, and applied approximately one teaspoon (heapied) on top of a select, whole, bud tip. Surprisingly the coffee ignited and the smoke was easy to inhale on the first pass. Pausing after inhalation the grounds burned on their own with a small coal. Extinguishing the coal and reigniting produced a great deal of smoke and a hearty exhale. The taste of the cannabis was obscured by the taste and smell of the now burning coffee grounds. I paused a few minutes, sipped my coffee, reignited the bowl and inhaled a regular toke. Yuk! I looked at the smoldering grounds in the bowl, started staring at a bug making its way across the basement wall and thought to myself, "WTF are you doing man! Isn't medicating with cannabis at 6:30 am on top of a pot of coffee good enough for you? You really do have some kind of self-destruct button asshole. Straighted your ass up"! I dumped the bowl, scratched a few itches, and ditched on the "test". Hrmmph! LOL :smoke:

Now sitting with a fresh 16oz cup of coffee and a fresh jaint of potent indica I am suffiently chilled out and motivated to tackle the day and a busy day I have planned. My perspective is that I'll never try to smoke coffee again unless I'm in the jungle with some kewl jungle-type people who know how to properly use plants as medicine and if they smoke java bean so will I. Until then I'll stick to cannabis for medicine and cafe' for go-fast.

Thought I'd share with you all. I generally follow through with what it is I say I'm gonna do   :ey:

So live tall, smoke-on, and grow-mo all you smokin', growin' mofo's out dere! :bongin:  :bongin:  :bongin:  :smoking:  Better days ahead.... :metal:

This is your mistake man lol  You can't/shouldn't smoke it out of a bowl..... it needs to be vaporized to come out smooth and even

With all due respect OP, using brewed coffee grounds as a soil additive for container gardening cannabis is probably not a great idea. If you do decide to use used coffee grounds, use unflavored coffee's and use sparingly. There's better ways perhaps and specifically for indoor container gardening. Used grounds in the outdoor garden, the compost pile, or in-ground planted plants? Throw what you have at 'em and they'll be fine and appreciate the attention. Growing cannabis indoors, organically, is not complicated unless the chlorophyll manager makes it difficult. You know, KISS and LITFA methodolgies work best just like nature intended. 

:smoking:

LMAO, it figures. Look, I inferred I was an asshole but I didn't infer I was a smart one LOL,

I lived in the land of Nod for a season or three and had the pleasure of imbiding in the many forms of cannabis that are popularized today. In retrospect there are some forms of ingestion that I now wish I would not have enjoyed so much as I personally feel as though my endocannabonoid system has been altered, perhaps greatly, from the mind bending and high potentcy forms of cannabanoids I had the pleasure of partaking in. Something along the lines of "anything in moderation but nothing to excess" type methaphor. Smoking the leafy material is what I prefer these days, pure and clean and of medicinal grade :bongin:

Since I have a self-declared whacked out endo system, not to mention damaged dopamine, enephenedrine (sp), and serotonin receptors, I'm not a good lab rat for efficacy of certain goods. Others mileage may vary and since there appears to be no harm no foul to me I suggest others vape it for themselves ..................... :bongin:  :bongin:  :bongin:  that's what I'd do :smoking: You won't know until you go or grow bro.

Peace!

16. [quote name="Possuum" post="19446556" timestamp="1391258015"]So much for smoking coffee. I will continue with the process "to get motivated" by way of drinking my coffee - strong and black just like I like my women. I'll set on fire and inhale the smoke from incenterating cannabis.I choose a Caribou Laguna arabica coffee bean, previously ground, and applied approximately one teaspoon (heapied) on top of a select, whole, bud tip. Surprisingly the coffee ignited and the smoke was easy to inhale on the first pass. Pausing after inhalation the grounds burned on their own with a small coal. Extinguishing the coal and reigniting produced a great deal of smoke and a hearty exhale. The taste of the cannabis was obscured by the taste and smell of the now burning coffee grounds. I paused a few minutes, sipped my coffee, reignited the bowl and inhaled a regular toke. Yuk! I looked at the smoldering grounds in the bowl, started staring at a bug making its way across the basement wall and thought to myself, "WTF are you doing man! Isn't medicating with cannabis at 6:30 am on top of a pot of coffee good enough for you? You really do have some kind of self-destruct button asshole. Straighted your ass up"! I dumped the bowl, scratched a few itches, and ditched on the "test". Hrmmph! LOL :smoke:Now sitting with a fresh 16oz cup of coffee and a fresh jaint of potent indica I am suffiently chilled out and motivated to tackle the day and a busy day I have planned. My perspective is that I'll never try to smoke coffee again unless I'm in the jungle with some kewl jungle-type people who know how to properly use plants as medicine and if they smoke java bean so will I. Until then I'll stick to cannabis for medicine and cafe' for go-fast.Thought I'd share with you all. I generally follow through with what it is I say I'm gonna do :ey:So live tall, smoke-on, and grow-mo all you smokin', growin' mofo's out dere! :bongin: :bongin: :bongin: :smoking: Better days ahead.... :metal:[/quote] Ha ha ha this sounds like my experience with banana peals back in the 70s.http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1269823-This-old-Hippies-Organic-Garden.This old Hippies Organic Garden.

17. I forgot about this post. You have to keep in mind that some people in jail have no regards to what they put into their bodies. So the instant coffee grounds just might not be good for smoking.

Reminds of the time some friends back in the teenager days used to smoke tea grounds too....lol

18. Ok... now sumbuddies gotta try smokin' kelp...

;)

Damn P, I woulda been hackin my lungs right outta me inside out...

j