Legalization in Florida

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by sometypeofway, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Yea if we can pass, legalization will have hit a new stride, the south east is the only area to not have atleast one cannabis friendly state.

So yea, after Florida, Id say some place like Texas would be the next big one

2. I am going to register this year to help out with legalization here in Florida. Maybe one day we can get it recreational.

3. It's amazing that legalization has come this far in florida! I never thought the law would get enough signatures but somehow it did. I hope it wins the vote in November! I don't like this new charlottes web bill that they are proposing though :(

4. Things seem to be getting better and better towards the legalization of weed in florida.
    The best thing florida can do is educate all people the great medicinal benefits herb has to offer.
    I believe floridians are way more liberal than before.
    I was pulled over by a florida highway patrol after a friend of mine sparked up a joint. When the cop pulled me over, he said " hey I smell some marijuana. I swear I thought we were going to jail no questions asked. However, he asked again and my friend says, I smoked a jay and the other half is here in my cig box.
    The cop simply said, to walk with him to the curb and throw it on the ground and stomp on it,that he could not touch it.
    A few years back this would of happened and for sure you going to jail.
    This is th 3rd time of here of cases like this.
    I'll be there bright and early to vote yes for 305

Does Delware have voter initiatives? Cause if so, F your reps and get a petition going to get the laws you want.

Hell no. We are the "First State" because we were the first to ratify the Constitution...since then they have done nothing but try to fuck the citizens over lol.
     MMJ has been on the books for 20 years in America now. And since then all the science has proven one thing..it shouldn't be illegal since it is far safer than alcohol. And that is why we need to make this big push now. All the Conservatives are under the gun for the 2016 elections, and if they want to win they need voter turnout. YOUNG VOTERS, and that is why now is a good time to push for complete legalization. New Jersey is putting up a referendum now. And if they are willing to do it, Fl. should be easy. Most of the octogenarian folks are fiscally conservative, but socially liberal. Pot isn't their big worry. Social Security is. Let them know that pot dollars will go towards helping insure their benefits will still be there and untouched for a few years and them fuckers will jump right on it.

7. Go legalization in the sunshine state!!  :smoke:

8. #29 Royksopp, May 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014

A lot of younger people have been getting involved.....so it's not as much of a hard-ass state as it once was years ago.

This new poll now says it's up to 9 out of 10 Floridians support MMJ

http://www.wsvn.com/story/25433794/fla-poll-large-support-for-medical-marijuana

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Nearly 9 out of 10 Floridians support the medical use of marijuana according to a new poll.
    The poll released Monday by Quinnipiac University found 88 percent of Florida voters support allowing adults to use marijuana for medical purposes if a doctor prescribes it.
    Support is over 80 percent for all age groups.
    The poll also found 53 percent of voters support allowing adults to legally possess small amounts of pot for personal use.
    Florida voters this November will vote on a constitutional amendment that would allow the use of medical marijuana. Peter Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University poll, said the findings show the amendment is likely to pass.
    \n\n\n\n--
    \n\n 

Also, we passed the Charlotte's web bill which legalizes the high CBD strain. It's a step in the right direction.

http://www.wsvn.com/story/25377325/senate-passes-low-thc-medical-marijuana-bill

9. i too have signed a petition at my local daytona fle market either way im still going to smoke

10. #31 FreedomFighter420, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2014
    I'm all for it, I hope Florida comes together on this one!

Praying for you all. May the spirit of the universe guide Florida to Legalizing Marijuana in Their State.

Imagine all the Elderly People who need it for medicinal use! Their economy will also boost.

ONE LOVE   :bongin:

11. i have a good feeling about this one  :smoke:

12. I'm a little outdated...
    so what's happening?

They're going to legalize MMJ with out retarded strict laws?

or is it for recreational as well?

13. #34 Dahak, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2014

There is a vote in November to allow Marijuana to be used for Medicinal purposes.  However Gov. Scott has stated that if passed, he would veto it (which is BS).  

14. Just saw this thread again, can Scott get away with that? Even if the vote has an 88% approval rate? Can't Obama do something for them?

Sent from my Tree of Wisdom

15. I thought scott was going to allow it.   Wasn't that why everyone was getting so excited. .?

16. I plan on making my own detailed thread but this is my calling. I love the herb and I know this can be my ticket to a decent life mentally, in health and financially compared to being unemployed and fighting for welfare because of mental disability. If this does not pass in Nov. I am jumping ship. I will drop out of finishing my B.S. and road to grad school to move to Colorado with the shirt on my back to grow and get some genetics to come back with when it enviably does pass.

I'm so tired of being dry because I can't hold down a job without even resin to smoke when my buddy who was in the same situation as me has multiple ounce yields of wax weekly. I know I can do this. If I change my minor to horticulture would be it easier to get into the industry or do I need to have the in?

17. Nope. That was the kids cbd only thing. He already said he will veto it no matter the vote. And no obummer can do shit about it.

18. #39 Sgtstadanko707, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2014
    So becuse medical might pass you will now no longer be unemployed and filthy rich. Lol. Keep smoking that resin.

19. The fuck are you talking about. If medical marijuana passes I can take my medicine legally without the sedative alternatives and if they go the road of legalization that will open up new lucrative market that you would be fool not to take advantage of. I knew some ignorant fuck would come in talking about unemployment or being lazy like mental disability is a choice. I have a damn good green thumb and when I can legally put seeds in soil. You are the only one implying I said I would be filthy rich, I simply said I could live comfortably. With Colorado expecting a 1 billion dollar revenue and 6 million within several years you are being a petty piece of shit to wish any of this against someone from unwarranted spite.