2014 Uks Outdoor Guerilla Grows - Epic-Adventures... Round 2

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by billyeye101, Jan 26, 2014.

1. #21 billyeye101, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014

4th Pic is great, clear that patch bro and clear any over hanging branches to the south Good Luck, but them houses look well close for comfort haha i wouldn't dream of it... only houses near mine is at Plot 2 a farmers house like half a mile away lol

sounds good bro, you got all the right ideas so far. keep us updated, liking the lat too.... very nice..

Update on my side...
    This weekend should see all the Plots finished it's prep work. Plot 3 Patch 2 & Plot 5 then all done till Mid March whoop. :metal:

SW

2. #22 EvangelicalAtheist, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014

Thanks man, I am a little nervous as the spot is hardly rural but, but it is bounded by a river on 2 sides.  There is a lightly used path a few metres away used by dog walkers but I am relying on the stingers and the backdrop of trees to keep it covert and the lush vegetation all around to mask the stink, however if they grow like I would like then I'll be tying the tops down for sure.  My access is from the river itself and if necessary I can easily get there at night - it is nicely shielded from the houses so a small headlamp won't be noticed, but I don't think daylight access will be a problem as I will be camo'd up and will always take a rod with me.... :)  I'll work the plot this weekend and send some picks.  The soil is shit but I can easily prepare it while the weather is rank as nobody goes near at the moment.

edit, the proximity of the path is a bit troublesome!

Attached Files:

Well that path is not as bad as 1 of mine cough cough... Plot 2 lol but it's well hidden on a hill to a field.....

I did a lot of lst'n.. to create bushes, this season i'm just gonna let them grow tall but end of July i'll bend them all down just from the neck over...should end up like my apple jack lol bud shot is in my avatar pic.. the plant was small but this season i'll have monsters fosho.

Whats the soil like there.?

4. #24 EvangelicalAtheist, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014

The path is only lightly used, its more the stink I am worried about tbh as it isn't too far from houses (ie across the river)... and the occasional muntjack wanders around there so I will be using chicken wire, I doubt there will be rabbits as that whole place has been thoroughly flooded many times the last couple of months....  and slugs, not sure what to do about them!

In terms of size I have no idea what to expect as my only reference is greenhouse or hydroponic plants, but I am assuming they will be monsters... :)  We live in hope.  I'll be posting along the way for some help as it progresses as I am a complete novice.

At the moment the soil is boggy as anything due to the recent floods hence why I will line with gravel and maybe sand as well, but it should dry out ok in the summer - it can get very dry in that field, which is OK as I have plenty of water nearby - I haven't PH tested the soil or anything, don't see the point as I'll be filling the planting area(s) with compo anyway.

Was just looking at some barbed wire to supplement the existing derelict fence that runs along (cant see it in the picture) but I think that would attract too much attention so its just a risk I'll have to take.

ps, nice bud.

pps I am assuming that as the area is covered in stinging nettles that the soil is actually ok, but like I said, right now it is a horrible sticky smelly goo.

5. #25 billyeye101, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014

In flooded areas ppl are buying potato sacks from Poundland... Fill with compo and rip the bottom off so the roots can go in ground if they wanted to..

Rabbits won't be an issue with the patato sacks height lol but if your going in ground use the wire cages from wilkos or b&q.

Slugs, well this season i'm placing the germinated seed in pots in minigreenhouses for a month to get them at least 2ft tall and bushy, so when i plant out i'll add some slug pellets around the plants hopefully the plants should be big enough to encounter any slug damage... but you can make opened cans, cut the the top and make teeth and bend them over... slugs hate sharp things.

Deer, use fishing line and place across the plot on the outside around 4ft tall, that worked for 1 of my plots last season.

You wanna see a monster lol in a 11ltr pot? didn't get the yield because the sun fucked off behind the trees in Septemeber

Thanks bruv, thats good advice.  I want to keep it as covert as possible as it is just possible some adventurous dog walker will go off piste so it will have to be in ground... I reckon average Joe wouldn't know a herb plant from a stinging nettle, unless it is sprouting out of a sack or a pot!  I don't have the option of going beyond a few inches (approx 6 I thought would be enough to get them off to a good start?) before I plant as I don't have the facilities.  It will be troublesome enough for me to get a little lamp and propagator going as it is without someone clocking what I am doing.  If I thought planting from seed would work then I'd do that!  I'll use the wire cage idea and I have plenty of fishing line... ;-)

Nice one, appreciated.

7. Here's that beast bro,
    View attachment 133560
    good luck anyway keep popping in for advice and show off ya prep work n all.. :ey:

8. There must be a place to grow somewhere in these woods. What do you guys think? uploadfromtaptalk1391644826575.jpg

Sent from my W100 using Tapatalk

9. #29 smither123, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014
    I had 2 plants last year and you couldn't smell them unless you were less Than a metre away. I'm not sure if it was because of the wind which circulates the air or the strains.

Upload the location so we can see your area and judge it for you. Turn off your gps first though!! I understand if you'd rather not.

10. How are you starting your plants off? This year i've brought a few cfl lights which I'm going to stick them under.

11. good going guys ....all the best ...lets have a heat wave {with rain at night} lol

I uploaded an aerial picture in an earlier post but here it is again.  :)

The houses are real close!

Attached Files:

Germination in paper towel method for tap roots then in small pots then into the minigh's at the plots for a Month then 1st May in Ground they go and then the wait begins lol autos should be done for end of July.

14. nice plots op, geez how many autos you looking at 100+? why not grow some big photos instead? im from aus so im guessing you guys have a short season or something?

15. Have you looked inside the woods if there is any opening which you could plant some?

16. Google maps is so tedious when it comes to looking for good woods, from experience it's best to go to them woods you found have a scout around etc although it can look appetising it can be crap when your actually there, so yeah just go to the place check it out and if it's good then you got your self a spot mate

17. Ah, i use bing live map eye view.so much clearer

18. The scale is deceptive - for perspective the river is around 25 feet wide at a guess - that isnt a wood, its just just a row of trees lining a (currently wet) ditch.

The good news is that the spot is visually shielded from the houses, especially in summer, and so the only place you'll see it is from the path (which again is a bit closer than it looks!) but the gap is full of stinging nettles and I won't be making a trail to give the game away as my access and egress will be directly from the river.

19. Can anyone recommend seeds which grow very well in uk climet ?

20. I got a couple of autos and 15 photos, when should i germ and plant out?

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app