The long road here

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by straightgiggin, Jan 25, 2014.

Mycelium.  Google it if you're curious.  Good stuff.  White mold is almost always good.  Colorful molds are almost always bad.

2. Its funny you say that because I just won a $1000 gift card to Macy's haha if only they sold grow lights there...

The person who gave me the clones stopped by the other day and when he looked at the plants he knew right away which were which.  He knows/helps the guy where the clones came from so he knows for sure what they are. He just couldn't tell what they were when he gave them to me because they were clones, but after seeing the buds he knew.

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll remember that from now on.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Can anyone give me an ETA on how long these two strains take to finish? I don't know anything about these strains. Thanks!

4. A couple days ago my Jack Herer had like 5 leaves sporadically located around the plant form rust colored patches.  Each of those leaves then had 1 blade shrivel up and die.  I'm not sure why that happened but everything seems good now.  I'll be posting pictures tomorrow to keep you guys in the loop. Peace!

5. pictures help big time :)

6. #46 straightgiggin, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
    Ok, here are some pictures. Tomorrow will finish up their 5th week of flowering.  When I went to check on the plants today the Jack Herer had fallen over and was mashed up against the inside of the tent.  As a result the plant started growing at a weird angle towards the light.  So I had to use some bamboo sticks to tie the plant back into shape. You can see some of the green bamboo sticks in one of pictures I think.  

Anyways the plants are looking good, the Jack has scrawny nugs compared to the Mad Dawg which seems to have gone through a thickening period for its nugs.  The Jack is still way frosty though.

First 6 pictures are the MD and the last 4 are the JAck.  Stay high my friends! 

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. I went to check on my plants today and Jack had fallen over again  :devious:  but its ok, Anyways here are a few pictures of the leaves.  You can see the rust color thing I was talking about along with the wilting leaves. Also, the last picture is showing what looks like freckles on my leaves.  All my leaves kinda look last that last picture.  I'm not worried about any of these issues unless you guys see something that I SHOULD be worried about.  Stay Lifted!!

Attached Files:

8. when colas get big they will fall over sometimes... good ole bamboo stakes work well for me.

What is the humidity like in the flower tent?  I'm a bit concerned about those 'freckles'.

Yeop I have some bamboo sticks on her right now.  I couldn't tell you the humidity because I don't know it.  I haven't been measuring it, or temperature either.  I just keep the room warm with a space heater and then have a box fan blow warm air into the tent.  

Do you think it could be mold?  It doesn't rub off, the freckles are like discolorations..

10. does it appear the freckles are covering more leafs? you could have yourself a case of powdery mildew.

keep an eye on 'em, if it appears that the coverage is getting larger or if you see it affecting new leafs, then we gotta do sumthin.

It is on about 95% of the leaves on the JH and like 35% of the leaves on the Mad Dawg.  On the mad dawg it looks like its only on the upper leaves.  All the lower leaves are just green.  What can we do about powdery mildew?

12. #52 Your Grandfathe, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2014
  13. Ok I am fixing the air movement. I heard you can mix baking soda and water and spray it on the leaves.  What do you think of that idea?

14. I don't think it is powdery mildew, I think it may just be the return of the mites.  I am seeing mites and webbing on my leaves.  Also, if it was powdery mildew wouldn't I be able to scrape some off?  When I scrape my leaves nothing comes off, no film or residue.

15. Today is day 42 of flower.  I don't know if the Jack is gonna survive for 3-4 more weeks.  

16. naw, PM doesn't wipe off. I wish is were so easy to get rid of.

I use a 5 watt uv lamp to kill off the spores.  point you fan at the lamp and the spores ih the air currents will be exposed to the rays and die.  Remember that uv is not good for YOU either.  Turn off the light before going into the room and don't look at the light (your not dead yet). Store that sells pet fish and such has uv lamps :)

A sulphur burner will also work.

if you didn't have buds, you could make a solution of milk:water and that also works but can't be used during flower.

HTH

17. Baking Soda is sodium bicarbonate.. The salt is less then desirable to use on your plants.. A better choice is GreenCure..
    Potassium Bicarbonate... It's what I'm using to control Powdery Mildew.. Growing outside I can't keep it off so all I can do it treat for it..
    http://www.greencure.net/  My local hydroponics store stocks it..

Thanks for the reply guys. Unfortunately, I have $0 to work with right now, I don't think I can afford a UV light. I think I might just let it ride out and if I lose the plant then I'll just chalk if up to a learning experience. Or I'll pull them in a week or two and turn them into hash or something.  I am feeling pretty dejected right now, and I don't have any bud to smoke to lift me up  :confused_2:

19. 9:1 water:milk  be precise with measurement

spray plant trying very hard not to get on cola.  Maybe just dampen a paper towel with the solution and dab it on the leafs.

better than nothing.

20. I gave them a nice milk-water wipe down today