The long road here

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by straightgiggin, Jan 25, 2014.

1. #21 straightgiggin, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2014
    Does anyone have experience with either of these strains?  How long of a flower period should I expect out of a  Mad Dog and Jack Herrer?

Just bought some EWC. I don't have a pump but I think I will just mix some water, molasses and EWC and shake the shit out of it for 15min and then water my ladies with that mixture. Like a rudimentary AACT haha

2. Top dressed each pot with a half cup of Dr. Earths Tomato tone and then watered over that with a slurry I made of water, EWC and molasses.  Hopefully the ladies will like that and they'll be happy tomorrow when I check on them.

3. easy with molasses, one of the uses is as a herbicide - weed killer :eek:

4. What is the point of using molasses? What does it do?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Thanks for the heads up.  I have been adding about a teaspoon per watering.  I'll only use water the next couple of times.

The molasses provides carbs for the microbes in the soil.  The microbes then use that boost of energy to further break down  the beneficial ingredients in the soil so that the roots can more easily absorb them. 

6. Looking super healthy man!!! More bud photos  :yummy:

7. #27 Your Grandfathe, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2014

without dragging you guys into the deep end of the pool.

molasses will allow colony forming units of bacteria to explode.

Soil basically is composed of fungus and bacteria.  Fungi are ALKALINE (pH 10) and Bacteria secrete ACID (pH 4.0). 

Soil is considered netural at 7.0, which just happens to be the half way point of 4~10.  The way the soil does this is by having a BALANCE of fungi and bacteria.

When you put your thumb on the scale and carpet bomb the soil with molasses you are not doing the plant any good.  I know there are people who would argue the effectiveness of molasses.  To them I would ask this.  If you are using molasses as a source of sucrose (sugar) to cause an increase in the bacteria, why would you use molasses?  Molasses is a by-product of the refining of sugar cane (beet), by the time it's molasses the sugar is pretty much gone.  It therefore makes more sense to use raw bee honey which has 2 sugars as opposed to none at worse and 1 at best.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

BTW, we didn't even talk about what bacteria you are talking about.  Nitrogen fixing bacteria, and 1 strain of Phosphur solublizing bacteria (quite exotic I might add) are the only colony forming (alive) bacteria.   All of the other element solublizing bacteria are not spore forming (they are dead and you can give them as much molasses as you want and they are not coming back to life).

:)

8. So wouldn't it be better just to buy the powder form of bacteria that you sprinkle on the soil then water, is that good to do or...?

9. #29 straightgiggin, Mar 2, 2014
    Here are some more photos to please the masses: 4th week of flowering schedule, 3rd week flowering.

The first 10 or so are of the Jack Herrer.  The Jack is way frostier than the Mad Dog which is obvious from the photos.

Attached Files:

10. #30 straightgiggin, Mar 2, 2014
    Here are the Mad Dog photos

Attached Files:

11. Also, can someone help me identify this. It looks like mold... It is new, I didn't see it yesterday. It is only in one of my pots. Thanks doods.

Attached Files:

12. the fuzz on the top of the soil is a fungus.

Nothing to worry about, it's more than likely the real good kind.

13. That's good to hear thanks!

14. My nugs are looking noticeably bigger today  :yummy:

Here are a few pics

Attached Files:

15. Wow, those look really REALLY nice.Excellent job

16. Yo so it turns out that what I thought was a Blue Dream is actually Mad Dog and what I thought was AK-47(the frostier one) is actually Jack Herrer which explains why its so damn frosty.  

17. hahahahaha,looks like you hit the jackopot twice then.I'd spend $5 on a lotto ticket with that kind of luck

18. Weird.. How did you find that out ?

Honey actually is an anti-bacterial.  The bees produce a protein called "defensin-1" that kills bacteria.  Agave Nectar FTW! lol  Tim Wilson says on his website if he were to use something other than molasses as a foodstock, he'd use wheat bran.... FWIW