*OFFICIAL* Police brutality

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sovereign Psyche, Jan 25, 2014.

1. [quote name="RippedMonk" post="19404896" timestamp="1390675087"]I have to admit I would have tazer'd the bitch for spitting on me too. She may have just swallow a huge load of HIV infected cum for all he knows. [/quote]
    So if you had someone hand cuffed and they spit on you you'd taze them?people would get mad and fight over being spit on but People don't put people in binds where I'm from. If someone locked you up monk you might spit on them too? bat mobile

2. [quote name="goober0331" post="19404864" timestamp="1390674532"]Lol it was funny, some dude in another thread the other day was saying how cops arent abusive and dont kill people and dont violate their rights etc.One of those videos was Kelly Thomas. I think the cops got away with it, even though their on video saying how their going to kill him, and attempting to intimidate him, and trying to provoke him into attacking, even though he was like handcuffed on the ground.[/quote]yep someone called me a troll looking for attention lolbat mobile

I wouldn't have them handcuffed unless we were being kinky or something..lol.  I was referring to the natural reaction when getting spit on.  And as I mentioned, I've been locked up plenty in my life, but never spit on anyone, and had I done it I would know the possible consequences for it.  Was tazering perhaps the wrong decision, yes.  Was spitting on the cop perhaps the wrong decision, yes.  So, to me they are both fucking idiots, but I understand the impulse to tazer the bitch for spitting.

Now, lets get to brass tax here.  We are still ignoring why she is handcuffed.  Do we know exactly what she did?  Some people deserve to be put in cages.  If you all think there is no excepted reason to incarcerate someone, then that is an entirely different discussion and is important to this current conversation. 

4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLvRbzEhbtA

5. #25 Sovereign Psyche, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2014
    I'm a complete voluntaryist.  I believe the best route for "punishment" is voluntary.  If an accused party refuses punishment, they will be databased and shunned by the majority of the business world if the case was legitimate etc.

And no, stealing someones money and threatening them with murder if they refuse to go into a cage by you is definitely not justified when you aren't even dealing with a crime, like drunk driving (prevention of a future crime).

I don't disagree with that except that isn't feasible in our current society.

Sometimes preventative laws are necessary.

7. [quote name="RippedMonk" post="19410910" timestamp="1390765932"]I don't disagree with that except that isn't feasible in our current society.Sometimes preventative laws are necessary.[/quote]Like which ones do you need?bat mobile

8. #28 Sovereign Psyche, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2014
    It is very possible.

No, preventative force is aggressive.  You don't know the future.  Go watch Minority Report.

9. At the end:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeMccWe_TW8

Comparing locking up a drunken driver for the night until they are sober and tossing a small penalty of them in hopes they might "learn a lesson" to the preventative shit on Minority Report is simply laughable man.

11. Oh yeah?  Who decides who is drunk or not?  Who decides what is a fair penalty or not?  Who decides what lessons need to be learned or not?  Who decides what preventative matters need to be stopped?

Aggressive physical force is never okay.

Yeah.  Science decides, we know at what point the average human has reduced reaction time due to alcohol.  Society decides what is a fair penalty.  Society decides what lessons should be learned.  Society also decides what preventative matters need to be stopped. 

I agree, but it is always going to happen, we aren't perfect beings.  And living in society is always going to result in living by society's rules, even if you see them as aggressive physical force. 

13. #33 Sovereign Psyche, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2014
    No society does not decide those things; a judge in a room of 12 handpicked dumbasses decide what is fair and an interest group decided politician decides what lessons should be learned and what preventative matters need to be stopped. 

Legalizing aggressive action to stop aggressive action is a contradictory concept.

Yes, society still does decide.  The problem is that our system under our society has been terribly corrupted. 

15. #35 Sovereign Psyche, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014

Society does not decide anything other than which politician is in office in a term of years.  They must judge that person based on rational ignorance because of the large amount of data that must be analyzed to determine a politicians credibility, or to even vote on individual laws directly, and those people have an extremely miniscule chance of changing the outcome.

Not to even mention that what you claim "society" (the majority in the utopian democratic sense, and a monied interest group realistically) decides on are all aggressive acts of force funded by theft.

Democracy doesn't work as is outlined by David Friedman in his lecture on market failure (part 3/7):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gxa9Iq_pNs#t=49

16. #36 Sovereign Psyche, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014
    Woman, Arrested for Small Amount of Pot, Dies in Jail After Being Denied Prescriptions by Cops
    Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/woman-arrested-small-amount-pot-dies-jail-denied-prescriptions-cops/#Wkq6QA4JOjQlGs81.99

Get caught with a plant, die in jail for it; the precedent set by the Kansas Highway Patrol as they watched Brenda Sewell vomit up blood and slowly die in a jail cell for having a small amount of nature in her possession.
    According to the Associated Press – It started when a Kansas Highway Patrol officer pulled over two Kansas City, Mo., sisters for speeding near the Colorado border and found a small amount of marijuana.
    Three days later, one woman lay dying in a northwest Kansas jail cell as the other frantically tried to revive her.
    Now, Joy Biggs is mourning Wednesday's death of her sister, 58-year-old Brenda Sewell. Family members demanded answers Friday as to why after Monday's arrest the women were held in a Goodland jail without being able to make a phone call or get adequate medical care.
    Biggs says her sister spent Tuesday vomiting but was not taken to the hospital until that evening when she started throwing up blood. She was sent back to jail an hour later. The next day she was dead.
    Goodland police say they are investigating.
    Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/woman-arrested-small-amount-pot-dies-jail-denied-prescriptions-cops/#Wkq6QA4JOjQlGs81.99

17. Cop Breaks into Home with No Warrant & Kills An Unarmed Teen. Judge Dismisses Case
    Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-breaks-home-warrant-kill-unarmed-teen-judge-dismisses-case/#L5DRJvtOYjLk12Dy.99

After public outrage and legal proceedings, a judge has simply thrown out the indictment of Officer Richard Haste, who gunned down an unarmed teen, Ramarley Graham, inside his own home, without a warrant. Haste was facing manslaughter charges until the judge tossed the indictment.
    <div>[​IMG]Graham's parents grieve at a rally for their son.

This story got a minuscule amount of coverage when compared to other stories from the MSM. Why is this story not in headlines, on TV's and scrolling through ticker bars across the country like the Zimmerman Martin case?
    The answer to that question is simple. The establishment will seldom point out their own failures and corruption. Also this case could have sparked a serious national conversation about police abuse of power, brutality, and corruption.
    The media establishment and government rely on a technique of divide and conquer to rule you. The only divide this would have stoked would have been that between the people and the state; something incredibly healthy and necessary for society, but damning to the status quo.
    Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-breaks-home-warrant-kill-unarmed-teen-judge-dismisses-case/#L5DRJvtOYjLk12Dy.99

</div>

18. \tGovernment: Guards may be responsible for half of inmate sex assaults 
    Allegations of rape and sexual assault involving inmates are increasing, and nearly half those assaults are committed against prisoners by correctional officers, according to a new report issued by the Justice Department's Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS).
    Prison and jail administrators reported 8,763 cases of alleged sexual abuse of inmates 2011, representing an increase of 4 percent from the 8,404 that were reported in 2010 and an 11 percent jump from the 7,855 reported in 2009, the report said.
    The report released late last week defined sexual victimization as any nonconsensual sexual acts, abusive touching, threats and verbal sexual harassment. It involved surveying federal and state prisons, private prisons, local jails, military prisons and jails in Indian country - 1.97 million inmates in total.
    The issue of prison rape has received heightened attention since Congress passed the Prison Rape Elimination Act in 2003, which calls for prisons and jails to keep detailed records of incidents of rape, to be published by the government annually.
    This year's report, which crunched data from 2011, said that 10 percent of the cases reported that year were substantiated, meaning that they were confirmed to have happened after an investigation was launched.
    That means 90 percent of the cases reported by inmates were not substantiated. The report did not clarify whether those cases were investigated and then dismissed.
    Some 49 percent of the incidents that year involved prison staff members committing what the report called “sexual misconduct” or otherwise sexually harassing inmates, and the remaining 51 percent involved inmates assaulting fellow inmates.
    Among the substantiated staff-on-inmate cases in 2011, 54 percent were committed by women, the report said. From 2009 to 2011, 84 percent of the substantiated staff-on-inmate cases involved a sexual relationship with a female staff member that “appeared to be willing,” compared with 37 percent of the cases involving male staff members during the same period. The report noted, however, that regardless of whether the sexual relationship between an inmate and a correctional officer was consensual, it is illegal.
    In the cases of sexual assault or “willing” sexual relationships with staff members, more than three-quarters of the correctional officers resigned or were fired and just 45 percent were arrested or prosecuted.
    Women prisoners appeared to experience disproportionate numbers of sexual assaults; while they represented 7 percent of state and federal prison inmates from 2009 to 2001, 33 percent of staff-on-inmate and 22 percent of inmate-on-inmate cases involved female inmates.
    Two-thirds of the inmates who had been sexually assaulted by other inmates received medical examinations, and one-third were given rape kits.
    The report did not indicate whether the increased incidence of alleged rapes and sexual assaults in prisons and jails might have been due to more reporting by inmates or to heightened awareness of the problem by prison staff.
    BJS statistician Allan Beck, who was a co-author of the report, told Reuters that a study from May 2013 (PDF) conducted by the same agency came up with much larger numbers, tallying some 80,000 inmate allegations of sexual abuse or assault during 2011 and 2012.
    “Of course, we find much higher rates of sexual victimization through inmates' self-reports than what comes through in the official records,” he told Reuters.

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/1/26/guards-may-be-responsibleforhalfofprisonrapes.html

19. [quote name="Psycholioben" post="19414673" timestamp="1390807357"]No society does not decide those things; a judge in a room of 12 handpicked dumbasses decide what is fair and an interest group decided politician decides what lessons should be learned and what preventative matters need to be stopped. Legalizing aggressive action to stop aggressive action is a contradictory concept.[/quote] and Those same Dumbasses get to set the agenda with science as wellbat mobile

20. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M_YcbZ3GqA&fb_source=message