DDPs first attempt

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by DDP, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Shame you can't make it a month earlier and witness "songkran" it's Thai New Years and it's a HUGE 3 day water fight when it gets closer, PM me or post here and I will give you my phone number and try to help you out while you stay here.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forumblif

2. Got my inline fan in, wired it up(minus the speed controler, put the I take at the top vent, plugged it in (cracked my head on the damn light for a second time) and wow does that suck in the tent if you forget to open the bottom vent flaps...

Got the 3 girls in the tent and under the lights :) tomorrow I hope to finish the carbon filter.

3. Almost finished filter, didn't buy enough fluffy fabric wrap stuff... Picket up a thermometer and hygrometer. Temp in tent is 85, and humidity is 68%

4. Filter done. 6" port and I.D. Surrounded with 6kilos of carbon. Relatively pleased with it, but would change to a 4" inside tube made from aluminum screening instead of the 6". This would give more room for carbon.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394261776.732366.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394261801.431056.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394261829.264478.jpg

5. The three little girls (gotta be hopeful) seem pretty happy. The smallest is bag seed and spouted March 3rd. The seed was stuck to it for a few days and seems like when it came off, the starter leaves went with it :( it has tiny little jagged leaves but it is growing so slow I don't have much hope for it ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394262021.964295.jpg

Obsession spouted on the 1st. It too had a seed hat and was struggling under the weight. Each day it stands taller now

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394262135.849398.jpg

And this lovely little lady also popped up on March 1st. Sweet Black Angel just seems happy. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394262282.281368.jpg

6. I hope next weekend to start lowering the light (LGsolutions MARS II-900)
    I was about to order a gorilla 4x4 tent for flowering, I don't know if the plants need the extra 1.5 feet of headroom, but I sure do. Cracked my head twice on the light :(
    Sadly this will have to wait as an ATM machine just are my card and Bank of America won't send me a replacement overseas. All spending has stopped until I can get a buddy to me money I transfer him. All in all it's the best as using a us bank here is getting crazy with intl fees. Just went up to over $20 to use ATM!!!

Now only if I could get a WWXBB to sprout! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394262610.882402.jpg

7. Aha thank you! I was wondering if I could plant a little deeper at transplant thank you.

Soaking 2 more white widows this morning

8. So I've planted two White widows and neither popped. I put 2 more seeds in water late this morning and of course this afternoon the second seed I planted sprouted up to greet the world :)

9. How big should I let a seeding grow before transplanting from 1.75" starter tray? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394520839.444993.jpg
    Same for plants in 3" and 5" pots ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394520888.644804.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394520906.420436.jpg
    Plans are 44" below MarsII 900 lamp. How long until I move bigger plants closer?

One last question. Is this 1 node or 2 close together? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394521012.094331.jpg

10. Awesome thanks.

11. Checked the jds this morning and all good. Raised the two bigger plants to 30" under the light. No sign of the WW I planted on the 9th. Went and had breakfast, came back and voila! One popped up and is open, the other seed is even with the soil and can see it's cracked open. Happy day!

12. Check on the girls this morning. My sickly little bag seed (sprouted 10 days ago and only maybe 1/2") passed... No surprise...

Was watering the girls and noticed roots growng out the bottom of the pots on the 2 big girls. As Barney Stinson would say "pot up!"

13. Remade my filter. It was too restrictive. I removed the flex duct with holes in it and used aluminum window mesh. Wooeee the fan really sucks in the tent again with a bottom flap open and a 6" duct venting at the bottom. I also moved the fan inside the tent instead of outside in the filter ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395025509.808177.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395025535.973731.jpg
    Here are the girls 16 days old ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395025676.839940.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395025695.407192.jpg
    And the white widows that are 8 and 6 days old ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395025779.473589.jpg

14. Pot up!
    3 white widows got moved to bigger bags (cheap so thought if try some) and my little bag seed sprout went I to a 3" square pot.

Bag seed had a long root but not much of a root web... Not sure if it should have stayed longer in the grow tray. The soil fell apart as I was removing it so I quickly put it in its new home and covered the root... Hope it will be ok.

The 3 WW sprouted on the 9th and 11th. They seemed to have had quite a root system for being 2 weeks old and while not root bound, covered all sides of their 3" square pots.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395646035.923027.jpg

15. Little experimentation today, get the SBA and Obsession with some molasses. When I was repotting WW#3, I put about 1/3 of mended soil 3 weeks old in the bottom of the bag. I figure it'll take the plant a week for the roots to grow down that far and then I'll see if there is a growth spurt or some burning... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395646233.172230.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395646253.773146.jpg

16. Noticed my spare room has been a bit stinky last few days... Tore apart my carbon filter to discover the screen door mesh fell away inside so the air was not being properly scrubbed.
    Hopped on my bike with a backpack, picked up some chicken wire, wire cutters, and a roll of tin flashing. I've been trying to find a piece of rigid ducting but no one knows what that is here in Thighland. So I made my own! Cut a piece of tin 19" wide(6" ductX pi+ lip) rolled it up and let it expand inside my flex ducting, and taped the joints so it wind unroll. Then warped the chicken wire over the 6" duct with a little lip. Weaves the cut ends of chicken wire to keep it in shape and size, sealed the duct to the chicken wire then covered the wire with screen door mesh. Made a lid for my trash can filter, cut 6" hole with lips, out it all together, added 2 more kilos of carbon (total of 8 kilos) and sealed it all up!

Then I installed my fan speed controller. With the fan turned down to about 40% I have to turn my oscillating off to hear the exhaust fan :)

Going to have to climb in with my bong to test the new carbon filter ;)