DDPs first attempt

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by DDP, Jan 24, 2014.

1. So I got back home to Bangkok from china with my Mars II 900 and 1200 (free shipping to my hotel and no import customs). Found a package from Attitude seeds waiting for me with a "headband" inside... Strangely I didn't get a headband, I have 10) white widow from seeds, a free Sweet Black Angel seed and a free obsession seed :)
    Going out Ina a it to see about picking up a tent

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forumblif

2. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393229903.927853.jpg

3. 4x4 tent will be delivered tomorrow, 25 gallons of pearlite,vermiculite, and peat moss. Getting close!

4. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393306023.593057.jpg
    4x4x6 wish it was taller but this is all that's available in Bangkok. Might still order a gorilla

5. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393307347.919963.jpg hmm not happy with the structural integrity with the Mars II 1200 suspended on one small pole... It's sagging! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393307430.704602.jpg
    Have to find a way to raise and lower the light as well

6. I usually use pulleys. The ropes are long, I would try to shorten them by tying them up some. Then use a deprecate into two groups of two and use the pulleys to raise and lower. They sell them in hydro store but the cheapest is on Amazon. That's what I would do. Nice light. Getting ready to start flowering under a led in a few weeks to month. My son will be flowering Kens cut if GDP. I am waiting to see the results. Make sure you add some other admen dement to your medium. The basics would be earthworm castings, kelp meal, alfalfa meal. Also good to add would be othe animal meals such as blood, bone, crab and fish. Some bag or seabird guano would help too. This soil would provide nutrient to the plant for the whole time. An occasional supplement tea after a month would help a bit but not needed. Building a strong soil makes growing easier when you just gave to feed plain water most if the time.

7. I am trying to find amendments... Not easy to find in Bangkok. Worm castings are easy, i may have to order 20kilos of kelp meal... And I haven't been able to find mulch that isn't a bottle of brown water...

8. Well good luck. Is chicken manure available. Make sure it's composted or has time to compost with the soil before you plant. You can use any type if manure or guano. For alfalfa you can use what they feed animals. Just break if up and mix in the soil. If you can find fish emulsion that's is great for veg but don't use too much as it can burn plants. Just try to do your best sourcing amendment. The more you can find the better your plants.

9. Thanks guys! Even finding Epsom salts is a pain. I can order a 25kilo bag(oy!) but I just found out a pharmacy USED to sell it as of 3 years ago. They buy the big bag then put it in ziplock bags and sell. Tomorrow (each Wednesday I'm told) the largest weekend market is nothing but fruits, veggies, and plants. I'm going there and hope to find some goodies.

I am soaking 6 more bag seeds, the Black Angel, Obsession, and one white widow.

10. I'm here man! subbed. wwxbb was part of my first line-up like 5 grows ago :p

11. I'm sorry, what is Webb? I'm just learning!

12. Wow gotta love auto incorrect.... I meant to say what is wwxbb

13. So today was busy. Went and picked up 22 kilos of worm poo, 3 kilos of Epsom salt (got encredibally lucky to find it by accident, they don't sell it in regular stores here) but can't find any other amendments. My buddy went and bought a wheelbarrow that I use to my soil then he wants to put in front of his coffee shop with flowers in it. Did I mention I'm in a condo? Mixed up 4 wheel barrow loads of 6kilos worm casings, volumetric equivalent of peat and pearlite. I have vermiculite but didn't add any... I ensues up with 5.5 5gallon buckets.
    I plan to run 4 plants in 5 gallon buckets so I think I'll go buy 10 more kilos of casings so I have soil for babies in veg.
    Planted 5 of 6 bag seeds, one des integrated, and my 3 "good" seeds in small labeled pots

14. I said ww x bb which meant white widow and big bug

15. Woke up this morning to find 2 sprouts.The two freebies popped up, no white widow or bag seeds.

16. Dark angel had the seed stuck on the flowers and wasn't looking good. Seed came off last night but the lil girl was really drooping. As of this morning still no show of the WHite widow (just noticed the tag on the seeds says WW X BB duh!). So I direct planted a new seed. I just went to check on the 2 girls ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393840376.635922.jpg just went and checked this afternoon, both still happy and now I have a bag seed popped up :)

17. For tourists, it's real risky. You will be in a touristy place, someone approaches you sells you some weed. He walks away with money and then he tells his friend the cop. Cop gives him a finders fee, then busts your ass. Serious jail time or else you pay the cop $1,000 and he will let you go.

Quality is absolute crap! It comes in compressed bales that include big leaves and main stems. Bought 5 grams once and threw out 1 gram of sticks. Another time I ended up with 50 grams and tossed 8 grams of sticks and seeds.

Potency? Hahaha good luck! I don't smoke much but here I might smoke a BIG bowl and feel like I've had a bottle of beer.

This is the whole reason I'm starting to grow my own

18. When you coming here? Where and how long you stay?