Sourcing Organic Soil Mix Components

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jerry111165, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Not sure if anyone has posted this website, but it seems that they are reasonably priced. They are based in Oregon.

Everwood Farm

http://www.everwoodfarm.com/

Hopefully this can help someone else. Happy growing

Yep - 1st page of this thread, 3rd post under "General Organic Supply Houses" You'll find the link for Everwood Farm...

lol

j

3. Thanks, this app for my phone always has problems with it. Appreciate it

4. #705 jerry111165, Jun 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2015

Bone, blood, rock phosphate, Epsom salts? (Really?) and powdered Humic (Leonardite) acid (hehe) really aren't my thing... But that's just me.
    J

5. Yeah, definitely going to be using the "fool proof" mix.

6. I noticed some organic bagged soils have Mycorrhizae already mixed in. (not sure correct spelling)

Does anyone know what is the average amount most company's use per cubic foot?

7. http://www.pthorticulture.com/en/products/pro-mix-hp-biofungicide-plus-mycorrhizae/#tab:product-specification
    Checking Pro-Mix web site they don't seem to list the spoor per CF count but I'd not depend on the mix but would use a direct spoor application at transplant of something like Mycos..
    http://www.xtreme-gardening.com/products .. I grab a pack at the hydro store and sprinkle a spoon on the roots at transplant..

8. Good morning all!
    Great thread jerry!! I'll take awhile to get it all read but, dang, I sure do appreciate all the info. Thank you!

9. did you know that peat moss has naturally occurring myco's in it already? pretty sure it's considered an alive medium. well I tried to find an article talking about it and all I could find was sunshine mix this of promix that. heres what I did find,

10. Just wanted to let everyone know that Horizon Herbs changed their name to Strictly Medicinal LLC. You can find them here: Strictly Medicinal LLC. Good folks to deal with.

• Like Like x 2
  11. #714 stoneytoney247, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    Castaway Compost is home-made vermicompost from Indiana. His compost comes with baby worms, premium home castings, and cocoons. Also sells worms, worm bins, and compost tea. Uses paper shreds, leaf mold, and kitchen scraps.
    $1 per lb for vermicompost

Great Fermentations sells malted barley and rice hulls out of Avon, Indiana

Picked up my barley straw from Dammanns Nursery.

Indiana Discount Mall in Indianapolis sells fresh coconuts!

CSPM and Lava Rock @ Home Depot

Pro-Tekt/Ag-Sil, Ful-Power and Smart Pots from Maximum Grow or Harvest Moon Hydro in Indianapolis

12. You can add Fedco to the aeration source list. They have rice hulls and worm castings as well.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wondering if anyone has a good source for gypsum and coconut powder? Im in southern Cali, Thanks in advance

15. Growplus
    Home Depot has 40 pounds of garden gypsum for about 11 bucks..
    Coconut Water Powder - Raw Freeze Dried Organic
    BNW

16. cant you get green young coconut in california? and make sure to taste one if you do cause they are friken delicious!

17. Not sure but
    I'm not sure I haven't tried but I mix 40 gallons at a time so I was hoping just to use a water soluble powder for my laziness.