Sourcing Organic Soil Mix Components

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jerry111165, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Anyone ever ordered the crab shell from here? My concern is the texture since it jus says crab shell. I recently purchased neptunes harvest and it is far from what I would consider a "meal".

Thanks

Solo

2. I'm using the Neptune harvest crab shell myself, it eventually breaks down in your mix, mine was more like shattered crab shells than crab shell meal..... Seemed to do fine though

3. #604 SoloToker, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2015
    When searching for harmless harvest coconut water make sure you are looking in the refrigerated area. For the longest time I couldn't figure out why their website's retail locator had all of these place listed but I could never find it on the shelf. Kroger actually carries it which kinda blew my mind. Its near their organic milk and such.

Solo

4. #605 RanchoDeluxe, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015

:cry: :cry:

6. Steve are you aware of the accomplishment and bike ride Albert Hoffman took on April 16, 1943?

7. "Bicycle Day"?

</div></blockquote> 
    Rancho, I get large bags of Wilbur-Ellis Lighthouse brand shrimp meal at the farm & garden. Straight up chitin.

http://ag.wilburellis.com/Products/Product%20Documents/PlantNutritionLABELS/Lighthouse_Shrimp-Shell-Soil-Amendment_specimen_K-052611.pdf

It's around $50.00 for 40lbs. I'm always at the high end J.

10. [quote name="stevebomb" post="21173521" timestamp="1420833835"]Delivered by a U-Haul :laughing: :laughing: :confused_2:[/quote

Ordered mine, a bit over $68. Guess the U Haul was extra. LOL

Cd

11. I just ordered this! :yay:

83 shipped. Its like 80 bucks on most sites before shipping!

You guys rock! :metal:
    ~ poke

12. Mine was just over $68 shipped. Cool beans that they do actual shipping charges rather than a flat rate. That says a good bit about the company. Too many places use shipping to gouge the customers for every last dime and is a decent indicator of that companys attitude towards customers.

Also good news for people east of the Misssissippi.

Cd

13. Mine was a 30 dollar flat rate. Vermont to cali.

Im a happy camper. You cant find kelp meal locally here, in a farming community of all places. Hours on the phone yielded no hits.

Best of all, this kelp meal is 79.99 before shipping elsewhere. For me, this is a score. Considering i paid 83 shipped, and its 79.99 almost everywhere, i look at it like 4 dollars shipping haha
    ~ poke

i bought that 50# bag and it's really nice.. finer than the neptune stuff but not a powder. Maybe 1/2 the size of the neptune harvest.

also the bag says "crab and lobster shell"

which was fine by me..

15. AW, are you finding this particular size is breaking down for you ok? 2 years ago I added 100 whole lobster carcasses to my co post heap but did not break it up. While the pieces that I find and it still are virtually paper thin, I still find pieces after two years. I'm sure it would've been better if I had broken it up similar to what you have - but I'm just curious. It's just about gone but I keep stumbling across little pieces of shell in the mix.

J

16. I was gonna buy crab meal online but all they had was neptunes harvest.....

Would you guys recommend that brand?

Thanks
    ~ poke
    P.s. coot told me to buy crustacean meal

You ordered from Countryside Organics? They are in Virginia, not Vermont, I do believe. Still, Vt or Va, it's still cross country for you, so the $30 is about right. I'm less than 200 miles from them.

Wet

18. Not the best in my opinion. I used it in my last mix but ran it through the coffee grinder first.

Solo