Sourcing Organic Soil Mix Components

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jerry111165, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Wouldn't it be sweet if every house had built-in pyrolysis ovens which produced the power for running hot water heaters, electrity, etc? One day....

2. #282 sweet_island_matt, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
    i just rounded up some of my miscanthus ornamental grass and i'm hoping to make some sweet biochar with it.

4. ^^^That's exactly what I was thinking RD. Car makes short work of it with no dust.

5. Great idea, thanks to both of you!

6. @[member="RanchoDeluxe"]

Heya RD,

It looks like you're posting your reply inside the quote box which makes your text appear to be part of the quote. If you begin your reply below the quote box your text will be distinct from the quote. Not a big deal but I wanted to give you a heads up.

Chunk

7. Chunk - Hey thanks man. I was wondering why that kept happening. I'm not exactly a computer whiz.

I had the same problem a year ago when we changed the forum software from V-Bulletin to IPB. Man....that was a month long ordeal getting used to all the new functions but now it makes moderating pretty effortless.

9. Thanks for all you do chunk! Best mod I've ever come across!

10. I was looking for some chicken manure for my garden today and I ran across this website -

http://www.takemypoop.com

Might be handy for you folks getting your gardens ready!

J

11. I love it…"Put me on the Sh!t List"

12. Used www.Buildasoil.com to order Neem Cake and although shipping was free, they sent it 2 day priority mail. Arrived fast, packaged professionally, one of VERY few retailers I've found who carry it online.

13. #296 sweet_island_matt, May 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2014
    I am digging bas because they literally have everything we are looking for in a soil. Fast shipping and good packaging are NICE bonuses!

14. #298 HOWHIGHISTOHIGH, May 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2014
    Yea. They're so on top of it, and ahead of the curve for sure.

15. I believe the growers here are on the cutting edge of natural organic growing methods, many of us grow food as well using these same techniques. I have went full on organic in the past two years, I learned the most in here. I still read books but a lot of the time it's because a blade here recommended something.
    BAS seems like our store for sure.

Twas Ever Thus!

16. While I am all for free enterprise, why wouldn't you just order from the neemresource,com website? I just checked and it is totally cheaper and you get more neem cake - unless you wanted their little 2.5 lb bag, I guess.

For example - 

BAS - $70 for 23 pounds; shipping included
    Neemresource - $100 for 44 pounds shipped to Maine. Without shipping it is $54.00 for 44 pounds

Of course Id just run over to Fedco to avoid the shipping and get the #44 Lbs for $75.00  I guess I was just curious.