Need help with 600W HPS cab volume calculations

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by theratdude64, Jan 23, 2014.

1. #1 theratdude64, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2014
    I'm looking to build a cab that will have a total of 45.5 Cubic Feet of space inside of it.  

I also have an enclosed hood and/or a cool tube to put the HPS in.  I've been researching for hours and I can't figure out the best blower to get.  

Doing the measurements on air requirements for the plants NOT counting heat dissipation from a page on calculations I found gave me this:

the absolute minimum CFM for exchanging the air  every 3 of 5 minutes (Don't recall which) 15.5CFM
    +10% for lights 1.55
    +20% for Carbon Filter 3.10 (Probably add down the line, don't really care right now)

20.15 CFM

Seems low, but can this 190 CFM blower keep the bulb nice in this cab?

http://www.amazon.com/Lighthouse-Hydro-Hydroponics-Inline-Exhaust/dp/B006YBPR3O/ref=sr_1_8?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1390452393&sr=1-8&keywords=4%22+duct+Blower

in the Ventilation FAQ it says :

So according to that It should work but I'm confused lol 

2. Well I can tell u right now that u will run into heat issues with a cabinet and a 600hps. I suggest u go to a bigger fan then u think you will need because it gets hot right away with a 600 in a small area. U might need to look around for different fan options and spend a little extra $ if sound is gonna be a problem. But if the cab gets too hot u will severely limit your yeild so it would be worth the extra $

3. #3 theratdude64, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2014
  4. Do the 440 with a speed control. . Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. looking to beef the cab up to 4'x6' which is the same size as someone I follow around here that has 600 HPS with a 440CFM Blower.  Only difference is mine will be split into two levels, but the mother/clone area on bottom won't be very big.  Still all ventilated though.

6. 1 - 6'' inline fan should cool 3 - 1000 watt mh/hps if using cool tubes where the ducting is pretty straight, 2 - 1000 watt mh/hps is recommended if you have square hoods.