2nd grow, 2/3 ladies - home made set up- input welcome

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by MutherFuckerJones, Jan 23, 2014.

1. [quote name="fenabar" post="19413016" timestamp="1390786857"]Howdy@MedCannabis101[/quote]Hey fella Sent from my spaceship using Grasscity Forum

2. [quote name="loki125" post="19414742" timestamp="1390808523"]250whps Digi ballast and a 34w inline fan use less than 300w :) byt inital cost is more and it would be better bud http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1275211-Dutch-passion-Think-Different-and-an-auto-purple[/quote]Will deffo be looking for a hps in next 5 or 6 months , gonna stick with this for now purely cos i have already bought it. Gonna build the box tonight, my mate lent me his drill yday. Sent from my spaceship using Grasscity Forum

3. Cant wait to get home and build this cab/box and show you all!!Sent from my spaceship using Grasscity Forum

4. [quote name="MutherFuckerJones" post="19406317" timestamp="1390693993"]Gonna make a box about 80x60cm then about 120cm height. Thats aprox. Wood - just gonna use some old flat pack mdf wardrobes ive got knocking about, screw it together.Like i said im going to cover the inside with reflective sheeting anyway will it be necessary to use some kind of heat protective coating ok the wood? Fire hazard? Only a cfl bulb tbf.Sent from my spaceship using Grasscity Forum[/quote]Sorry to butt in bud, but just wanted to add that wood retains bacteria like a mofo. Also the moisture (which generally is high with canni) could start to warp the wood causing light leaks and the many problems following light lights.. Like little peckers. Just a thought. I spend $30 on pvc pipe , a roll of 3 mm plastic for the outside and some emergency mylar blankets for the reflect. It's perfectly light proof and weighs next to nothing. I can easily customize it and it won't cost a fortune if I screw it up. Duck tape is the key. Check out my post i made for pics. Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. [quote name="MutherFuckerJones" post="19415104" timestamp="1390823362"]Cant wait to get home and build this cab/box and show you all!!Sent from my spaceship using Grasscity Forum[/quote]The top is a flap that I fold over the cut/door part. Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

6. [quote name="axeldog13" post="19415150" timestamp="1390824832"]The top is a flap that I fold over the cut/door part. Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]Yeah cheers for the info dude, ill upload some pics later on, this wont be letting any light out, im going to cover the outside tightly with probably thick black bags, apart from where the intake /exhaust will be, and inside with reflective roll/sheeting, only using a cfl so temp shouldn't be a problem really, ill keep my eye out tho cheers for pointing it out, do you have anything in there atm?Sent from my spaceship using Grasscity Forum

7. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390826013.717292.jpg Got these - 5 Blueberry + 3 Master Kush. £60 quid, just normal fems. Not autosI owed my mate 80 quid, he said grab me these seeds and call it quits, sound.Plus! Happy days seeing as i managed to squish my norther lights auto seed he gave me a Blueberry seed, love that blueberry smoke mmmmmmm Sent from my spaceship using Grasscity Forum

8. So got the pot higher up til it sprouts, bit more warmth. Will move when it sprouts should have my 300w cfl.Sent from my spaceship using Grasscity Forum

9. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390853025.120386.jpg Sent from my spaceship using Grasscity Forum

10. [quote name="MutherFuckerJones" post="19417050" timestamp="1390853027"][​IMG] ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390853025.120386.jpgSent from my spaceship using Grasscity Forum[/quote] So what's your opinion on peat pots? Prefer them or a solo cup? The peat pots I'm using keep drying up so quick. I have berry bomb, pineapple chunk, critical and breaking ground now. About to switch over to a metal halide lamp just not sure how close it needs to be

11. Im basically have that pot with a load of pebbles at the bottom, then some biobizz mix with extra perlite. Humidity is alright in there and its warm, so i guess im doing it right, first time ive done from a seed!! Water with spray bottle once a day Sent from my spaceship using Grasscity Forum

12. Wont be making the box its going in until probably next week or once she has sprouted and my bulb turns up!!!! Sent from my spaceship using Grasscity Forum

13. Any good ideas for something cheap and reflective to cover the inside of my box with? Tin foil hhaha? Sent from my spaceship using Grasscity Forum

14. [quote name="MutherFuckerJones" post="19418041" timestamp="1390864531"]Any good ideas for something cheap and reflective to cover the inside of my box with? Tin foil hhaha? Sent from my spaceship using Grasscity Forum[/quote]Well tin foil works, but it can burn your plants. Something mylar is best. Depending on how big the box it, an emergency blanket works very well. I bought 2 for $5 and covered a 3x3x5 tent I made with pvc. Or even those things for car windows work well.

Attached Files:

15. Lol I used elmers glue for the top and bottom, and just taped it to the sides. It's very bright

16. Panda plastic it's great. The foam insulating boards reflect but aren't light proof. Mylar can be bought on rolls of wrapping paper. Even if it's printed on one side the back is usually pain. You could buy flat white paint too@MedCannabis101