Dying leaves at the bottom of the plant

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Broosy001, Jan 22, 2014.

1. I have 3 plants 6 weeks into 12/12 flower. Skunk No.1 x sleetstack in soil/coir ratio 75/25. One of them has lost all leaves on bottom half, and I mean ALL! The other 2 have yellowing leaves towards the bottom and as far as I've read on here that's to be expected. The buds are fine, in fact they look lovely and juicy, including the ropey one I'm concerned about. Details on the seeds said flowering was 7-9 weeks so they ain't got long! Should I harvest the ropey one now or wait full term? I'll add pics when I get home from work. Any advice mucho appreciato!!! :-*

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Here's a pic of my girls, there is quite a few dying leaves on all the plants, but like I said most of the things I've read said yellowing and loose leaves was normal due to the plants concentrating on Bud rather than leaf. Hope that's the case. Opinions!?!

Attached Files:

3. That's the lower branches but here's the top - the brown bits on the leafs have been there for a while, they're the reason I first posted on here. They didn't go away but thanks to advice from people here they haven't got worse

Attached Files:

4. Too much fertilizer my friend. I can see obvious Ca deficit that you mentioned was already there, is that correct? And nute burn is noticeable on the colas. Ph of the root-zone is low.

5. Been checking and adjusting pH - pen, paper and pH up and down. I've really calmed down on nutrients thanks to advice received on here throughout 12/12 and have only just gave them a bit of Bloom nutrients half way through week 5, way after I first noticed the leaf loss! Aw well, 1st grow, and it's a far better crop than I expected! As long as I learn something mistakes are worth making, it's all a learning curve! :)

6. PH is 7.2 every time btw.

7. You've calmed yourself down alright, 7.2 is still better than pushing the root-zone low with too much fertilizer. I say you've done an excellent job this being your first, but I'd ph the next bit of nutes to around 6.2 and run it through. After that, start your flushing with properly phed water each time to hopefully give her something she's lacking, rather than plain water. Last but not least, when you know they are completely to your liking, load her up with properly phed water and kill the lights for 72 hrs., then chop.

8. Nice one thanks for that, I'm just beginning to read up and learn about harvest! A Lot of info and advice out there, some of it conflicting! 1st time I've heard about the 72 hours, makes sense though, cheers. G.

9. \tRoyal Queen Seeds White Widow<div>Price Match Guarantee (T&C Conditions Apply)
    In Stock
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    <a>[​IMG]</a>
    <div>Quantity:

</div> 
    <div>Feminized Cannabis Seeds
    <div>
    Pick 'n' Mix
    £6.89

05 seeds
    £28.99

10 seeds
    £52.99

[​IMG]
    </div></div> 
    <a>[​IMG]</a> <a>[​IMG]</a> <a>[​IMG]</a>
    </div>
    • Description
    • Characteristics
    • Shipping
    Royal Queen Seeds White Widow, a name, a legend, a winner of the numerous Cannabis Cup awards. This marijuana variety has appeared on the market in 1995 and has been the dominator of the scene ever since. White Widow is the most potent cannabis on Earth and is named for the abundance of trichomes, giving the plant a whitish tint. It is also one of the more powerful strains of marijuana (alongside AK-47 and Afghan Kush) with a high 20% THC content. White Widow  seed from the Royal Queen Seeds is an Indian/Brazilian sativa (60%/40%) cross-strain and is best suited to indoor cannabis cultivation. These feminized cannabis seeds grow as high as 35-80 cm with the yield up to 450 gr per m2 indoors and 300 gr outdoor. It's suggested to flower (12 hour light) this marijuana variety for 8 weeks, but 10 weeks will really give you the crystals you are after. Try to turn the lights off altogether the final 2 weeks of the flowering cycle- or at least down to 8 hours. This keeps the flowers from re-growth and stresses the plant into giving up its last drop of goodness as crystal to protect the flower! The buds have so much THC on them that it is hard to see them at all. However, this new strain from Royal Queen Seeds is very resistant and is also happy to grow outdoor either in a group of the green, or as an individual taller plant. It doesn't mind if you reduce the amount of light in the last days of flowering to further stimulate the resin production. Royal Queen's White Widow has excellent flavour with notes of fruit. The subtle aroma reminds you of the fresh pine cones when they are still on the trees.

10. im by no means a seasoned grower,but my guess would be either rootbound or nitrogen deficiency,which as stated is pretty normal in flowering