The UFO Phenomenon - What do you believe?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Marx, Jan 22, 2014.

Where do you think they got that technology from hm?

It's called "science" and there are these people called "scientists" who think up cool shit all the time.  It all started with Galileo who said,  "Fuck the Pohleese" and told the Pope to stick his geocentric dogma up his ass and championed Heliocentrism which nearly cost him his life and did cost him his freedom.  

Thanks Galileo!  :D

3. So scientists can break the laws of physics and haven't told us about it.  Why wouldn't they share their discoveries and get credit for it then and contribute something to humanity?

4. I think the government hacked into Ancient Aliens and stole all their data....yup it has to be

5. We only know so much...I mean really what the bleep do we know?????

What laws of physics when and where?   Do you have definitive proof that these "alien" scoff laws actually thumbed their noses at physics?  And how does one actually break the laws of physics?   Physics is the study of matter, energy, and the interaction between them.  

We know that space travel is highly dangerous and requires a great deal of technology, intelligence, innovation and expertise to pull off.  

7. it's certain that you don't have any authority to imply that rocket propulsion is the only possible means of travel, especially regarding ''other or advanced life''

8. #28 Thejourney318, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014
    In another million years, we cannot fathom the type of technology we will have. Think about our technology in a million years. There are probably an unfathomable number of planets with intelligent species who have been around at least that much longer. So, similarly, we could not comprehend the type of technology and advancements they have made. We're so far beyond early humanity so as to have nothing to do with their thoughts and speculations limiting us. It would be the same for these advanced societies.

Yes.  I have seen a shape shifter.  My friend saw it's presence too.  Laws only exist if you believe them to.

ummm.... o.k....  

We've only been around for a couple hundred thousand years and look what we've done to the planet so far.  In a million years I'm certain we will have gone the way of the Dinosaur and will be a subject of curiosity among sentient evolved cockroaches.  

12. #32 -13 Amp-, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014
    Gravity is a law...that's the beauty of science, its real whether or not you believe in it...

Now show me how someone not believing in gravity can make things not fall in normal conditions (as in throw a rock up in the air and it continue to travel up instead of reaching its point and then falling down)

You're right, and I didn't.  What I implied is that the universe is a massive place and if the odds of intelligent life existing are even relatively good, there is still a huge expanse of both time and space between us.  What you decided to infer is your business.  If you could approach the speed of light - which we currently think will require too much energy to be worth doing - you'll still be waiting several years to reach the closest neighbor.  If intelligence exists there, it will either be an anomaly or life will be far more common than we imagine.  In any case, even if you double the speed of light you still take half as many years as the distance in light years to reach a given location.  It could take us centuries to locate such life at higher multiples of c - civilizations which, if they're smart, don't want to be found - even with technology so advanced we can only imagine accomplishing it.  If civilizations are moderately rare, we could be talking about hundreds or thousands or hundreds of thousands of light years reaching them in our galaxy alone.  If it is a once at a time per galaxy sort of thing, you need to reach hundreds of thousands of times past c.  I don't say it's impossible, but I do imagine this would be thousands of years into our future if we can make it that far.  On top of that, we would have to nail an amazing coincidence of timeframes, being that the universe has been around 13 billion years and we have been around and intelligent for about 100,000.  If we assume advanced civilizations exist 10 times as long (if they're anything like us, this is extremely generous) and that they have emerged at a constant rate since the very beginning, that leaves one in every 130,000 overlapping the history of our civilization - fewer still overlapping the next thousand years of our future.  You can mess with the assumptions a little, but the odds are still staggering after you shave a few billion years away from the beginning of the universe.

All of this without assuming that our puny technology is the only way people will ever travel.

Further to that, advanced life is probably smart enough not to be found by a bunch of apes who can't even grow past trying to one up each other for imaginary points, so that's not going to help us find them either.

14. Those UFO's you see.. It's just me guys, don't worry about it. 

15. Speculative projections based on observations of our past behavior has little to nothing to do with the trillions of other planets in the universe.

16. #36 Sam_Spade, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2014
    UFOs are not aliens, or gods - you're all just sheeple believing what you see in movies. It's what those in power want you to see!

The truth behind UFOs? Hovering nazi gunships - all of them. You really think the Allies won WWII? Believe the lies!

They spy, they kill, they steal gold, and they dump flouride in our water!

[​IMG]

P.S. -- it's not PLANES that make chemtrails - it's THESE badboys!

The only law of the universe is that there are no laws.

18. #38 Account_Banned283, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    I should of omitted ''rocket propulsion'', regardless, your post was still an assumption; and you still do not have the authority to determine that even the most grand and effectual means or speed of travel that human's can currently conceive of would be the only means of travel available to another more advanced species; what you are doing, whether you admit it or not, is stating that the laws and framework of our known physics are interminably fixed; I have to say, the majority of your above post, like your original one, was gaudy and assuming, the latter being the quality you repudiated my post for being; and to address most of the sentences would be to entangle myself in frivolous points irrelevant to my original post
    '

19. yes i believe in ufo's

20. Nah, UFOs are flying on Earth everyday. Pretty stupid people 30 years are saying they saw bright lights in the sky. No fucking shit, theyre called airplanes. Same then, same now.