any ideas??

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by nugznbudz, Jan 20, 2014.

1. #1 nugznbudz, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
    WW x BB 32 days old
    Fox farm nutes half strength every other week
    Pro mix soil
    1000w MH

These are lower leaves only. This strain is a pain in the ass
    lost on this one ladies and gents

TABLET - WIN_20140120_161703.JPG

2. We need all the info on your grow including:

What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?
    What strain?
    How old are the plants?
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    How far from the lights?
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    What size pots?
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    Any other pertinent info?

If any of these questions have already been answered please disregard as I cut and paste this for everyone.

If there is leaf discoloration please TAKE PICTURES WITH ALL GROW LIGHTS OFF, ESPECIALLY HPS & LED's. Taking pictures and taking them with lights off, allows us to see what the leaf discoloration looks like.

3. Temps are 75 lights on 65 off humidity is 35%. Lights are 18" away from tops.Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Friend, you're going to have to give more information if you want help. That's what we're here for. Do you not want to fill out the form? Are you phing your source water? Isn't Pro-Mix considered a soil-lees substrate? If it is you should ph the rootzone at 5.8... irregardless, perhaps you can supply us more info, huh?

5. #5 nugznbudz, Jan 22, 2014

6. #6 mmman, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2014
    Okay, went to investigate Promix and seen it is precharged with lime, but you've driven the ph of the root-zone down with excessive amounts of fertilizer. The pix in the original post are indicative of Ca and Mg with Ca being the overriding deficit. Have you flushed?

7. #7 nugznbudz, Jan 22, 2014
    I have flushed today. No change in runoff. Ive been reading up on pro mix also. Had no idea it was a soilless mix. My pH should be around 5.6-6.0? I have added lime and use calmag every watering. Is it possible I'm overdoing cal mag?

You sir are being very helpful. Thank you

8. I wouldn't necessarily consider it soil-less since it comes precharged with lime, you should treat it as soil. I only made reference to soil-less because I thought it was also. Ph at 6.5/6.8 Sometimes if you don't flush enough, ph run-off will not change, but you may notice marked improvement in a few days. Be vigilant.

9. Been thinking about what you said about the Cal-Mag, using it every time you water? Beats me bud, I've never used the stuff. Depends on many other factors... we know already the root-zone ph is low, I can only imagine that adding Cal-Mag each water through certainly didn't help.  :smoking:

10. Ive been researching pro mix and a lot of people have run off pH issues no matter what I do runoff does not change . . I just opened a fresh bag and did a run off of just the soil and its lowSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

What was the ph run-off on the fresh batch?

12. 5.0-5.2Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. That's not good, sorry to hear. You need to get some ph up and dolomite lime, or do a transplant into some fresh soil besides Promix. What say you?

14. Got ph up and top dressed with dolomite last nite with flush. We'll see what happens...flushed plants lookin good but lime takes a bit so we shall seeSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Yea, the lime needs time, and is slow to react. I've used baking soda from time to time, but don't really advocate it's constant use, but have never seen any adverse reaction to a one time application.

16. are you using well water, city water or? is it filtered?

17. R.o. water supplemented with mag cal. Need to get my pH on check on this pro mix. This shit is hard to neutralize!!!!

18. Another dude is using Promix and having problems also. I'd get away from that mix next grow.