PRs organic garden of weed and other living things

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Pink, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha. Very nice lesson for me there. Looks like I need to do more research on what the good, and the bad LOOK like. Thaaaank you very much for putting me up on game LadyP. 

She strikes again..proving she's baaaaaack :ey:

:smoke: y

2. fuckin blizzard incoming  :eek:  :laughing:

3. #1123 Pink, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015

Yeah...20-30" of snow and wind with gusts 55 to 65 mph :( Looks like gonna be brutal for sure. Of course no school on Tuesday. The little buggers cracked the screen of 60" wall-mounted TV (second already :devious:), and the mj seedling is going to dampen off, I can see it. Brown band around the base and all :( got the misting of chamomile tea and a dusting of cinnamon on top of soil, but looks like it's not going to matter. What a weekend.

4. Sorry, I just can't like that ^^^^^

:eek: :eek:

Lol. I don't like it either 420! Frankly, I hate it. But it's not the end of the world... I mixed new seedling mix today, coco based, dropped an ample amount of different seeds in cups (old and new), and going to keep my mouth shut until we are past solid set of true leaves ;) Sprayed the surface with weak chamomile tea as a prevention, the air is moving, room is warm. Should work...

Trip to HD is in order tomorrow (snow shovels are all flimsy), so I'm going to finally buy me some pumice for setting up another large no-till, and dance around those seedlings to be for another week or so. Apparently I have to learn some patience :)

Blizzard sucks, but we should be okay as long as the power stays on.

:wave:

6. #1126 Pink, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015
    Can't stop listening to JJ Cale, what an awesome discovery. This was a trigger and it keeps playing in my head for the last three days.

http://youtu.be/2IZ9feKpJkk

7. How come I can't embed it!?! Tried just about everything. Is it in my profile settings? Damn, not a task for a stoned person haha.

8. Looks good on my end ;) Your just not stoned enough to see it. :smoking: :smoke: :pass:

9. ^^ double "like"!

I though so too ;)  :smoking:  Went and smoked a fat joint or RedNeck Haze, all small pop-corn (old trim saved for hash and whatnot). Still is an amazing weed. I shoveled some snow after smoking, and now I am watching solid wall of snowflakes in a window. Beautiful picture. Also it's great not to worry about the oil lol, warmth just feels sooo good looking at that whirl outside.

10. Thank you Chunk!!! :love:

11. #1131 Chunk, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015

There, fixed that for you Pink. If it ever happens to you again, click on the left arrow "share" icon on the YouTube dashboard, then copy the blue highlighted url and paste it into the post and..........

[​IMG]

12. Haha forgot that trick, Chunk. Been awhile. Thanks a bunch, it's a really good music imo!  

The solution is too simple though, I was thinking for a past half hour that you are a Super Wizard :p

Hope you are enjoying your "shorts and t-shirts" nirvana :devious:  :laughing:

:bongin:

I just saw the forecast for your neck of the woods on our evening news and :eek: Hope y'all stay warm and safe Pink! Yes, I love JJ Cale. If you like his music, check out Boz Scaggs.

Did I ever tell you I used to play drums in a blues (bar) band? Ahhh......I miss the nineties. I did meet Mrs. Chunk while playing a gig so there's that :laughing:  We used to play a lot of stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAhu_Ol8bzY

14. That's an excellent beat, Chunk :D  Glad to hear you had such a great hobby! I bet you were rocking those drums in the most amazing way :D I always had a soft spot for musicians, just like Mrs. Chunk :p  "There's that" lol you men :laughing:

I'll certainly look into Boz Scaggs, still going through JJ Cale's albums, very happy with discovery...

Been shoveling snow on and off all day, we didn't get hit with anticipated 3 feet, just 1.5-2 ft probably, but my house sits on the Y of sorts (rose of the winds), so I caught all of the snow in various depths lol. 6-car driveway is not helping to get it all sorted out quickly either haha. Good thing the snow is still powdery, so I'm trying to take advantage of it.  

In the meantime kids built 5 ft tall igloo, looks pretty cool!

15. #1135 Pink, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2015
    [​IMG]
    \nI wish my children had tails. But regardless, please notice how she grabs it not by the root where it's most painfull, but in some proximity which I'd say is still okay pain-wise but should be sobering lol. I think it's harder for her to hold onto the thinner part, needs more dexterity anyway. So obviously animals think of it (parenting) in a very complex manner too, particularly how much influence is worth to extend in response to different situations. Besides providing security. Amazing imo! We are not alone haha. I have a fridge magnet with baboon monkey and her kids sucking on her tits and toes which says "Nothing can disturb me anymore, I've already had children" lol

So all the seedlings/seeds have been scratched. All of the last round (8) had an open shell and tap root, but the very tip of the tap root was mushy 3 days in. So given this (3rd) round of beans did the same, the only consistent part was my own EWC. First batch of seeds was on the fly, rotted, and second was a replica and was peat/ewc/rice hulls, rain water, rotted. Smelled very fungusey too. Second batch was coco (washed and all)/ewc/rice hulls, bottled water, rotted just the same. So - EWC? I think that's what it is. The castings are my own but the bin was kind of abandoned in a summer and I really didn't feed it much, and didn't harvest in abput 6 month either. I never had any sign of it going anaerobic or anything, but worm population certainly did diminish 10 fold.  

Anyway...I purchased some prime worm castings and some good quality organic potting soil, small amounts (really broke) but it should cover my needs in next two weeks. I am determined to have this party finally started, and the genetics I have in my stash to sprout soon are blowing my mind also. I can't kill any more beans.

16. Could your EWC have gone anaerobic on you?

17. #1137 Pink, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2015

I don't think so, a have a very acute sense of smell, so I would know. I just had the bin not harvested from about May to say November. When I screened it it was just black muddy substance with no apparent smell and very few adult worms.

18. how much ewc are you putting in there? to much might have the soil to thick and retaining to much water and making them rot maybe :confused:

just the usual 30/30/30 my friend, always worked for me in the past :confused_2: I don't think there is any way to determine for sure what's happening. The new EWC is going to be here mid-week, I'll sterilize the mat and the surfaces, make new mix, new cups and all that jazz, and probably set up half of them in my bedroom too.

How is the snow business going over there? Looks like another batch of snow coming tonight into tomorrow.

20. when you got that blizzard we only got about an inch :laughing:  and with this round it will be only rain  :hello:  :)...even though id like to see some snow instead  ;),hope your new round takes i just got some mushroom's spore's in so i should be getting that project started soon just waiting of the sterilized wild bird seed  :ey: