PRs organic garden of weed and other living things

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Pink, Jan 20, 2014.

1. What's up Pinkie. I hope all is well with you and the family. Thought I'd check in to show you my progress with some veggie seeds....I wish my ganja germ rate was as awesome!

1397524023658.jpg

2. Hope all is getting better PR!!
    Good vibes coming at you.

3. :wave: :wave: Just thinking about you and the family. :)

4. I'm glad to come on and find good news after a little bit of a scare. You're a strong one :hello:

I'm wishing the best to you and your family. I'll be anxious for you to get back on the boards when you find some time.

Never fear pink, GCs always got a soft shoulder for you to vent/cry on :love:, so keep on posting ...as for the back, as a person that has suffered with one for 25+ yrs, I have just 3 words, "bend those knees". :)

6. Just checking in PR.. worried about you guys.

best to you and family :)

7. Hey guys! Thank you everybody very, very much for a good vibes and kind thoughts and checking on me here. It's all appreciated more than I can express :love:

I don't even know where to start, fell so behind on everything. I guess I'll be just yupping without any particular plan :p So - my little guy is getting into the new groove of things, slowly, but he is getting there. It's going to take awhile for him to get used to being restricted in his desires and freedom, so good thing he is not a teenager yet, I'd be in a rough situation with him if he was older. We are still on a rocky path with his medication since it's all "try and see how he is", but I've been watching him like a hawk day and night, and already know how to notice when his system is going out of wack and what's working and what's not. At least it's somewhat predictable now. Not much sleep for me atm though, so not much toking has been done lately as well :( I'm afraid to not wake up at night for his check up, or miscalculate his meds and screw things up.  Spent 4/20 dry and sober too, and my tolerance is down to nothing I think as well. I vaped a teeny-tiny popcorn bud for my recent birthday, had 2 glasses of wine and got totally cross-eyed and bamboozled :laughing:

Anyway, with all things happening mj grow totally fell out of priorities. Redneck Haze in a SIP bucket (older one, 7 gal bucket, under T5) got harvested after 7,5 weeks of flowering. She got heavy towards the end and next time I'll stake all the RNH. Very tasty weed, slightly sour berry smelling haze, loud stink on her and a high is strong, but happy and fun and not a creeper.

[​IMG]

Not sure how big the harvest was, since I left it drying for longer then I wanted (still trimming now and then actually), and plenty of smaller branches and popcorn is unaccounted for. Please ignore the dirty floor etc.

Some of her buds in different lighting and all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When I harvested the older RNH, I also chopped the top colas off the smaller one with the nanners. The bananas were popping all over the place and I just didn't have the time or the energy to keep up with it. So also here are some pics of her as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I thought this branch was kinda cute :)

[​IMG]

I probably made a mess out of the post with the pictures, forgot how to post them again :rolleyes:

Super Lemon Haze is still going, I think tonight is the night for her (9,5 weeks now), so I'll take some harvest pictures tonight and will post them tomorrow.  Might chop the rest of the hermi RNH and I will be left with 2 tiny Gypsies which are in hard 2-3 gal pots and a couple of weeks away from the harvest too.

My attempt to start the babies failed, 2 Pure Power Plants and 3 Kalichakras never made it out of the soil, it had nothing to do with me being busy, they simply never germed. So I decided it's a sign to harvest whatever I have and shut the grow for a summer. I just can't keep up with everything at the moment. Plus it'll give me the opportunity to finally make things perfect in there.

I am sorry if the post is all jumbled. I'll get back to everybody later with the comments and all, just wanted to get this thing rolling again :)

Hope everybody is doing well!

Attached Files:

8. Awesome PR!  The buds look great (really great), but I'm way more stoked to hear your son is doing well.... Congrats!

Thanks Gandalf :)

10. I know how difficult your life has been but glad to see that you are holding up so well. Some days are worst than others but your little guy will adapt. Learning how to deal with Type I diabetes is undoubtedly a difficult transition. I'm sending the best vibes I can your way and hope that it helps.

So you've been totally distracted from your grow but those buds still look awesome. I'm sure there are many blades on the forum that would trade your harvest for theirs. It just goes to show if you get your soil right then you can LITFA and get good results.

I hope you get some down time in the future to enjoy some of those buds. Beware of couch lock though if you haven't been smoking. Those look dangerous. :smoke:  

11. Hi Pink! Glad to see you handling things as best you can. I'm also glad to see that you were able to put the grow on the back burner and still have some nice bud to harvest....testimony to how well you built that soil!

Sending continued prayers to you and the family and I hope for nothing but the best for the little one...can always tell from your posts that you're a great mom Pink. Keep doing yer thing.

Oh and btw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU regardless of how late. ;)

12. :smoke: one for ya
    Glad to year your boy is doing better, and like everyone said the buds still look amazing.

Do what you have to do. I'll be expecting something great in the fall. ;)

:smoke:

13. Good to see you're alright and a plan is in progress pinklady. Your buds look marvelous as always. :metal:

14. she's alive!! :hello:

we missed you buddy! :D :love:

you are one hell of a mom.. and as much shit as your kid is going through, he is very lucky to have you looking after him.

and you did a hell of a job caring for your plants too!

be well lady.. thanks for popping in and saying hi.. we worry around here..

Thanks for the kind words and the vibes Pak  :) Yeah, self-sufficient soil mix takes pretty much 95% work out of the grow. Other 3% I'd say amount to the size of container, the bigger it is the more wiggle room one has with the watering routine. I barely watered them lately and the 20 gal pot girl was the happiest. 2% goes to IPM, speaking of which - I've found this creature yesterday, I've seen them before outdoors but don't know who they are... Some kind of checkered flyer with the fuzzy tail. Sorry for the shitty picture, my camera seems to like focusing on trichs much better than focusing on bugs  :p

[​IMG]

Oh, I'll be very careful when I smoke next time  :) I'll start with vaping the popcorn and see how it goes  :D

Hey DDD! Thanks friend  :D I try to be fare and of course I love them to death, but that's not to say that I don't want to taze them on a daily basis  :p Just yesterday baked a highly customized muffins, had a lecture about "you only can have 2, as a dessert, otherwise you can get really sick really fast and go to the hospital again, so - 2 a day. OK? - Ok.". Went to start the laundry, came back 3 minutes later to find out that little fool bit around every one of them (15), closed the box and even cleaned the counter from the crumbs to erase all the evidence  :rolleyes:

Some elaboration on bokashi project for you - if you ever try to compost your bokashi scraps in the compost bin indoors, it's extremely important to keep the right ratio of compost and bokashi scraps. High moisture level  (excess bokashi scraps in not enough compost) leads to anaerobic stench, unless one is willing to aerate it consistently. I screened my bokashi/compost combo a few days ago, and while top 4-6 inches were perfect and fluffy, the bottom of the bin was all soggy and stinky. Gazzilion of worms in the sludge though, surprisingly for me they seem to not care about the odor lol. Oyster shells are definitely decomposing much faster being pre-pickled. I think it's because of the acidic conditions in the bucket. AND I obviously didn't pickle the scraps long enough too. I had a whole pumpkin in there and after pickling for a month or so and composting for another few weeks, the seeds still sprouted  :p I found a clump of germing seeds while screening the mixture few days ago, and tossed them in the cup with a couple of inches of the same compost. Here they are now:

[​IMG]

Thanks 420  :D Please, smoke a few :smoking: My Redneck Haze seems to be having some purpling potential, what a cool strain! I thought I was seeing things when I harvested the bigger one, but the smaller one kind of purpled on the leaf edges too, and overall developed bluish-purplish hue. Very pretty girl if not for bananas, which again were entirely my fault.

[​IMG]

I chopped the rest of her last night. Still love the smell on her.

[​IMG]

Good things definitely will be coming  :)

Thank you X  :) Yeah, the plan is extensive, but definitely doable  :)

:D Hey August! Thank you and sorry for making you guys worry, I'll try to be more consistent. I just need to hit some sort of stability, and then it'll defo be easier. And yeah, as I've said before (as bad as it sounds), but if anybody should be wrestling with this thing, it should be me because I can do it. I just wish it was me and not my kid. Thank you for the kind words man and here are some  SLH flowers for ya  :)

[​IMG]

Hope you are feeling better. 

I have a few more pictures of SLH (harvested last night), but I'm out of time so I'll post them later when I get back.

16. LadyP :love: :wave: ,

Glad to see you around, and to hear your lil one is a bit more situated. No sleep, plus stress can be hard on the body. So make sure you get some time in for your body to recuperate too. Love the lesson of love your teaching us right now btw. :metal:

So it looks like I hit the corner just in time for an update. Damn all your girlies are just looking mean! Keeping the bar high as hell I see.... :laughing: My baby SLH is doing her thing slowly, but surely. Had a few issues while you were out. Its cool now and a few more beans have been popped. Can't wait to see the rest of that SLH.
    :smoke: y

17. Hey Pinkie,
    I guess if the little one's appetite is up to par then that's the bright side to him sneaking stuff he can't have....gotta give him credit for cleaning up the evidence :lol: I only laugh because even at my age, I still get in trouble for sneaking foods I've been restricted from. My wife made the mistake of leaving a blueberry cheesecake out one night and I had a serious case of the munchies. I ate half that damn cake while she was alseep. Got in a some trouble for that one.

I know your situation is alot more in depth....just figured you could use a little humor.

That's good to hear about the bokashi effect on the oyster shells. I guess I can start incorporating my eggshells back into the mix. I had stopped because they take so long in thermal composting. I was going to add my current bokashi run into a tote of my soil like that video on youtube. Based on your feedback, I'll add it in small batches and let the soil cycle for another month before I put anything into it. I'll throw an experimental plant in it...see what happens.

Hey girl! REALLY happy to hear that SLH germed, You just take care of her in your usual way and she should do good. Femmed is a plus with the old bean, so ust let her do her thing.

No high bar ;) You do just the same... Take better pictures :D  :poke:

When (if)  you have children, you'll see. Love, yes, but honestly speaking it's all selfish. The way I see it, my own happiness and feeling of overall accomplishment largely depends on how my babies are. The sucky part is that you get dealt the cards out of the sleeve and that's it. Like you pick your partner and you spend a loooong time doing that.  Than you have children and they are total aliens in regards to your habits, intellectual level and alertness degree even after they grow up a bit. You still love them nonetheless though because they're a piece of you. It just becomes a neverending puzzle :)  I bet 420inMI can back me up with that ;)

Promised SLH pictures. They are all alike because she is extremely unifrorm. i'll post the dry budz (if they are pretty, which I think they should be) in a week or so.

[​IMG]

I promise to remove those wood treatment bottles from a background in the future.

The busdz all look the same, I tried to stick my hand wherever for a size reference, so here we go:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://static.grscty.com/uploads/monthly_05_2014/post-442082-0-66286800-1398982063.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey D! No worries about the humor, I gave my little sneak a lot of credit for trying to be smart :)  And yeah, egg shells and all things chitin should be put through bokashi first, as I feel of lately. Anyway, feel okay about dumping your bokashi scraps in the compost in small batches (bigger batches if it's outdoors). It definitely works.

My indoor stray tomatoes. They ripe fruits were a surprise since they were shoved in the very corner of the room and I didn't check them until I took apart the grow last night. Sweet just like out of the garden, maybe just a pinch less but maybe not, actually.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. Tomatoes, you got fresh tomatoes. Those tomatoes look almost as delicious as those frosty buds. I'd be hard pressed to decide whether to eat the tomato or smoke a bowl. :yay:

The tomatoes were really summery sweet  :)  I'd say high brix regardless of sitting in a shade for most of the life.

You can do both in Pinkieland :smoke: