PRs organic garden of weed and other living things

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Pink, Jan 20, 2014.

1. #21 Pink, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
    Frank Sinatra is one of the very, very best.

http://youtu.be/P7GHgE8fylQ

2. Subb'd..

this looks great PR!!
    excited to learn some stuff and steal some tricks from you :p

Thanks AW! Steal away :D I am happy to be able to somewhat repay you for all that stealing I've done from your threads :p

Hey krypto! Thanks for the kind words and wishes! Yeah, more space totally rocks. I can start going through my bean collection finally :yay:

6. mind if some crusty old man stops by occasionally, wait there seems to be many already here so i should be ok? :)

:laughing:  Welcome aboard Al :) "Crusty" lmao :p

I'm as crusty as they get.

9. #29 3Deez, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
    well, I was wondering where you got to. I thought that it was the busy life with the family again so I figured on waiting for some news in the old thread. The new place looks like its full of innovations and gonna take you to the next level for sure!! I use the dark/transparent containers too!! I have solo cups that are taped on the outside and others that are left normal. I just place the normal ones into the taped ones and pull them out every so often to see the root growth. Im glad to see that Im thinking along the same lines as you! Been missing the posts from you and Faye both!

EDIT: Hey I see you just posted in my place at the same time Im here! :D

10. [quote name="Pakalolo" post="19375812" timestamp="1390254045"]I'm as crusty as they get.[/quote]Hey I resemble that remark.Nyuk Nyuk.Mj

11. #31 Pink, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014

Hey DDD, yeah the family life is the same busy, no change there besides that now when the winter recess is over I got some time back for playing with my personal projects. Plan on improving everything in general this year :)

I actually just started this thread yesterday, changed the sig and all. Gonna be finishing the walk-through now. We do have a habit of somehow posting at the same time, I noticed it too :p Thank you for the kind words, enjoy your summer weather :D

So, the last 2 plants I have atm in a flower room (again, still not flipped), are 2 clones of my SourBubbleRyder auto which didn't auto and grew into full blown individual in 20 gal smartie, and gave me a little over 5 oz of dry bud. I harvested her at 8 full weeks, now looking back I should have let her go longer. The trichs were clear and the high is more of an Indica imo but somewhat lacking in potency. She is very, very stinky and really is highly resinous, so there is no reason for her to be lacking that punch besides of being not truly mature. I am keeping one clone (the taller one, stretch was very minimal), the other clone I'm going to give to my buddy. Most likely he is going to waste her, but oh well. I don't think I'll be able to handle the stench of both of them flowering at the same time. Last run made me nervous at the end. And I don't want to start with overcrowding already.

Here are the pictures of the clones 5 weeks ago. I decided to call her GypsyRider.

2013-12-11 GypsyRider clones.jpg

Very low maintenance plant, easy going, nice sturdy stems, low stretch. Here is the keeper, 5 gal smartpot. No training.

2014-01-19 GypsyRider1.jpg

This one is going away sometime this week.

2014-01-19 GypsyRider2.jpg

Speaking of odor issues, how do you guys dispose of spent carbon filters?

Edit: forgot the whole room pic :p  Here it is.

2014-01-19 flower room.jpg

12. I like those smart pots. Im very happy with mine...and I still got a bunch left to be used elsewhere!

13. nice looking plants PR, what kind of carbon, granules or fabric? my granules i use up in my garden soil, great for soil when used up first. actually good even when new but you have to let it soak up nutrients before using new activated barbon or else it will adsorb the nutrients out of your soil.

14. Hi PR,

I hope you don't mind if I check in from time to time.  :wave:

I've even heard of ppl soaking the carbon in bleach for 3 days, and then re-using.  :eek:

Thanks Al :) Granulated carbon, the one which is still in a CAN-filter currently  :p I'm kind of at loss how to go about emptying it too. It's heavy as hell, but something is telling me I am better off trying to cut it outside. Good to know about garden use  :) 

Absolutely don't mind nerd. :) Thanks for stopping by! Yeah, I am not a huge fan of bleach per se, and re-filling a filter with carbon seems like quite a chore...I'll be lazy and buy a new one  :p I wonder how does it work on a chemical level though, washing carbon in chlorine  :confused: 

16. #37 Pink, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014

Thanks X! It says cleaning of carbon "in general" can be a "hit or miss", so it sums it up for me. I don't think I can afford to "miss" in the odor control department :p I better go with tried and foolproof industrially packed filters so there is no :eek: expecting me later.

Foot of snow tomorrow :(

17. PR, your thread grows by the minute! You've got some really healthy lookin plants on ur hands there. Can't wait to see how the no-till deal works out for ya. I just mixed up a batch of long-term no-till soil the other day.. i'm way excited about it. :devious::wave: :)

18. The top of your filter should have screws holding it to the mesh sides, I just took those out, I think there were 6 around the edge, and emptied the carbon, "cage" and ends went in the scrap metal. Now im using those boxes with the replaceable cartridges. Much easier.

Thanks TJ :D To tell you the truth I can't wait to plant somebody in that no-till either. Should be a great grow outta that one, every time I lift the mulch I see gazillion of tiny things scurrying away, and the worms are nice and lively :) I gotta mix more soil too, need to harvest worm bin first for that, maybe tomorrow. I have a sample of ClackamasCoot's kit from buildasoil.com waiting just for that. Running low on aeration as well, so have some work cut out for tomorrow :)  And yup, I get waay to excited over the soil/worms/plants/etc too, my husband thinks I'm such a weirdo :p We met in a nightclub, he was hoping I was a hot spy or along those lines, and got an pothead and an obsessed gardener instead :laughing: