Fresh new grow. Looking for some advice.

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by gottobekind, Jan 20, 2014.

1. #1 gottobekind, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
    Hello everyone. I have been lurking for a few months now. I'm getting ready to take the plunge into my first hydro/aero grow and just had a couple questions. I will be using the Aeroflo 30 site system and using one 1000W HPS. My question is, since this system is so long, would anyone recommend using a light mover over the grow area or should I just use a second light to make sure I get full coverage? Thanks in advance for any help!

2. 1000 watt CFL?

If you don't mean HPS or Mh, then do yourself a favor and do some light research before you buy any thing. It is understanding the larger CFL bulbs are not worth it.

3. It was a typo. I did mean HPS. My apologies. Thanks for pointing it out I will fix original post.

4. You would get better coverage with two 600's

5. Ok thanks for the insight. Much appreciated!

6. Hey I've got a question with four plants scog method dwc 600watt ushio hps air cooled hood 5gal dwc pots dyna gro Cali magic orca I also use AN bud candy I've got four strains sage n sour started flower 20", purple trainwreak started flower 16-18", g13 cheese 16"-18", and 818 headband 12"-16" how big will they stretch and what approximent yields to expect I'm using 4'x4' tent with 440cfm fans and a 70lpm air pump no bad signs yet all good let me know if you had experience please thanksl ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401563689.364689.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Your looking for about 2400lumens per square feet do some measurements and equations or get a lux meter and you can check yourself but there are Soo many factors that come into keeping them thriving but I learnt myself as I had no one to teach me so I took the long road but I'm a pretty good green thumb now but I am forever exploring new options and have mastered lots of different methods of growing to adapt to my surroundings and what was available for supplies. Might I suggest a simple bubbleponics system??? These can be thrown together in seconds worth doing some research on nutrient maintenance then the rest is simple enough given you understand what needs to be done..

Donburkestomatoes

8. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1404265651.559041.jpg
    Im attempting my first grow and was trying to get imput from other growers. Is this scrog a good idea and how does that plant look I'm doing the 5gal two air stones pushing out 45L/min 4 t5 bulbs and general hydroponics nutes please help!

Being normal is accepting to be average

9. Your set up is looking good but I would suggest using a different kind of material for the checker board pattern on your screen the sell rolls of garden plans tie downs at hardware stores make screen with will be more sturdy you will need to raise your screen ...have you topped your plant ...it needs to be veged some more but everything sounds good are you going to flower with thoese t5s should get an 400watt hps youll love it or if u got it u can go leds. ..but up to you. .

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Just FYI since you are using AeroFlo, General Hydroponics makes an automated AeroFlo now.  Its actually super cheap and takes care of nutrient and pH dosing for you.