Homemade Rolling Papers

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by Bfitzy, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Hey guys,
    I make my own rolling supplies and I wanted to share my ways with the community. Also, any Ideas are great!

Glue: 
    recipe 1
    1 part acacia gum <- if you are a minor, tell your parents you want to try making glue as the reason for buying it :)
    2 parts water
    just mix this together and you will have a nice sticky glue that's completely non toxic and won't harm your lungs.

paper:

I get rice paper from craft warehouse for a super cheap price. 

2. Any photos or variation in the texture or smell of the paper? Pretty cool I never heard this beforeSent from my GT-P5100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Not as far as I can tell. The paper leaves almost no ash.

pics or it didnt happen

5. Do kids get more stupid each day?

6. Why would anyone do this?

7. I mean.....if money is that tight I guess I could lend you $1.50 to buy some papers

8. I think it would be better without the glue. Just fold, lick, rip, n stick

9. Sounds legit. Gonna have to look into into. This.

knives heated dull red
    release sweet smoky nectar
    I am lifted high

10. Sounds cool but to be honest I'd rather shell out $2.50 for a pack of them 

11. Paper cost 1 dollar:)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. #12 Stormy Sea, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
    Haha, guys, doubt this guy is worried about the cost. He's probably more worried about the additives; a lot of papers have other shit in them.

There are of course lots that don't, and you can find them with a little research, but this is still interesting! You should post some pictures, I'm curious.

Then again, he might just smoke a ton and roll with multiple papers, I go through a pack in like two days haha. After a year it adds up, buying in bulk definitely helps.

13. I'm interested in the OP's technique to get a nice even line of glue.  I can see this method being useful for those that roll monster J's or tulip J's or any other crazy joint

14. I just use a steady hand and a toothpick or a paintbrush. It's easier than you think if you aren't high.

15. also interested in pics, i love self sufficient ideas like this. have you ever thought about soaking some flax seeds in water, and then using that as a glue? i know in certain cultures its used as a sort of hairgel, but i wonder if it would give off a smell or taste when burned...dont think its a significant amount anyway. pics man!

16. 2nd that

17. Or sugar and water instead of that gum bullshit

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. #18 Bfitzy, May 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2014
    *UPDATE*
    with some know how and time, you can make some extremely good ones with gum wrappers. My method is also original.
    Directions:
    1. Boil water - you only need a few ounces for this
    2. Add some dish soap, about a milliliter
    3. add gum wrappers and let sit for about 5 minutes
    4. separate paper from foil and lay the papers on a paper towel
    5. rinse papers off in tap water
    6. to prevent wrinkles, use a hot iron to finish drying them. Then, use aforementioned adhesive or go here for a slightly better gelatin based version.

DSCF0473.JPG

DSCF0474.JPG

DSCF0475.JPG

19. actually acacia gum is mostly a sugar called arabinose, which is just more sticky than normal sugar. They used this on stamps and letters around the time of WWII, though I'm not sure now. Just search and you will find some good deals. Pyrotechnics companies sell it for $11/lb, although I doubt you'll ever need that much.

20. You don't know how much I roll, haha

Where da drank