The Atheist Lounge

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by RippedMonk, Jan 18, 2014.

1. No u

Sent from my ME173X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. How is our thread "bullshit?" Just because it doesn't agree with your views doesn't mean it's "bullshit." You have religious threads were you guys whine about how Jesus is the savior of the world... Why not go their if our views bug you so much... I mean according to your religion we are going to hell anyway for not believing, so why converse with us?

3. If those enslaved by the gawds and had their way, they would enslave or better yet eliminate those unlike them. Slaves can still present the truth, bones tell no stories. 

4. This leads me to believe you are one of the those fooled by early social programming from ancient tribal myths. of the 1000s of gawds how could we get stuck with this one dumb ass gawd the west and middle east embraces? The hindupes and ba'al influence as well as Sumerian and Hammurabi have on these single gawd myths is amazing. Much of the current gawds are plagiarized from these faiths. 

We are just separated by one!

5. If anything, theists should be happy with this thread.. instead of us being dispersed and in all their threads. Plus, if you get offended by something on the internet.. you probably shouldn't be on the internet.

6. Yes, it keeps us entertained so we don't go poking holes in their broken religious institutions :poke:

7. I've honestly gotten to the point that I'm of the firm belief that if people don't stop clinging on to these archaic religious establishments and start accepting facts that the whole human race is screwed. We've got a super volcano in Yellow Stone Park 50,000 years overdue to erupt, block out the sun, and suffocate all life on Earth, countless asteroids that could wipe us all out with the slightest misdirection of their  intergalactic path of destruction, and religious folk are scared of a little red goat man. In fact, they are so terrified of this fairy tale creature that they would undermine NASA which is one of the few organizations which could prevent the destruction of the human race by allowing it to expand into and colonize the universe. Telling taxpayers that the few cents they gave to NASA each month were far too much, they would be much better spent on weapons, the war on drugs, the war on terror, the war on human rights, the war on humanity and, of course, providing tax free lives of leisure for religious leaders in their majestic palaces while they preach to their followers to live simple lives, only making enough money to feed themselves and pay them. This world and the people in it absolutely blow my mind.

Lol, and then about.. half a year later:   "Mary, I brought you here on national television to tell you.. I'm gay."

9. Man, for atheists you guys sure like to talk about God and religion.

10. #373 iAmBetty, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014
    Isn't there a way to ban a single member from a thread? It's fairly obvious when someone's just trying to get a rise out of people...

By the mods, of course.

11. I have to say, I, now, consider myself an atheist. I used to be on the fence about the whole thing, but recently reason won me over.

Really, the transition was not hard and it was extremely freeing. Okay, so now I don't believe in Heaven or an afterlife, BUT that doesn't mean life isn't beautiful or precious. It is.

I'm going to admit that part of it had to do with this forum.

12. #375 iAmBetty, Sep 23, 2014
    Nothing bugs me more than people assuming we're less happy because they think life automatically has far less meaning to us.

Not believing in an afterlife doesn't depress me, it just encourages me to try and get the most out of life while I'm here.

13. Looking to end your trolling stint on gc?

Nope. It's setup in the system but it hasn't been working right for awhile.

14. #377 Luvs2splooj, Sep 23, 2014
    Lol I like how you guys see anyone pointing out how you're all acting as trolling.

I mean by your guys own words you don't want to argue about religion...

though I guess you're not. you're just talking about how superior you are to the religious..

15. Yup that's precisely why we're saying you're trolling. Because we're butt hurt. Not that you're posting in a thread to get a rise from people. Which is what trolling is.
    And arguing with mods lol. Cya buddy

16. I agree, dude!!!!

I have one life, everything I do today, I might not be able to do tomorrow. It has to count. I have to love the people close to me, do something, be happy.... I don't get another shot. As long as I'm a good person, that will make me happy.

17. #380 Luvs2splooj, Sep 23, 2014
    Lets take a look at this clean and righteous thread.

What is that, 4 posts on just this page talking down about people? And you want to sit here and tell me I'm trolling. Take a look at yourselves. Quit parading around as some kind of free minded intellectuals while still bringing yourself down to the level of some of the people your talking about.
    I'm not insulting or trolling anyone I'm just pointing out what you're doing. If God/religion is so silly why are you even talking about it? Why aren't you bashing believers in Santa or Unicorns?

Posting just to irritate thread contributors is harassment, which is trolling also. You need not post in this thread again. - ICGreen