Pc grow box

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by GreenBeauty, Jan 17, 2014.

1. #382 Ltsmash2014, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
    Ok......at the risk of this thread being dead....

Day 63!!!  :lol:  :lol:

technically it's only day 62 since I make the mistake of not counting Day 1 and Day 0, but oh well. 

Anyway, I've been contemplating my situation -- living/light/financial, etc and looks like I've made a plan. 

I'm planning on moving too (friendly) and ya, plants and moving don't sound good together. So I'm gonna stick around where I am for another 3 months - giving room for a nice 12 week flower/dry/cure/wtvr should I need it.

My light situation was performing fine, but at 135W it wasn't really cutting it - my plants would only grow so fast and they seemed to have a low plateau to have full of a yield they could achieve. I'm reasonably sure it wouldn't affect palletability, but I want more bang for my buck ya know?

Anyway, I picked up another 300W LED from another manufacturer (FYI, research HARD on pricing, I already found a superior one that beat what I paid; after thinking I 'got the deal' on this second recent purchase :confused_2:  ). It performs fine, just gets a little hot, so no real complaints-----------I'll list my concerns in a day or two, once I have more data to work with

Right now I just wanna show everyone my Flower-stage set-up! support string and wtvr will be added as needed

I'm gonna give them another week under the new light (I JUST got it today), to fill out and allow me time to adjust the grow area accordingly. But that means I should be moving to a 12/12 one week from tomorrow, giving it 10 weeks total veg. :D  :D  :D  :D

2. #383 Ltsmash2014, Apr 18, 2014
    ..........I'm having very annoying issues with uploading pics - one moment

OK!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the room

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Glad to see you posting. I just hit day 47 with my ladies. they are starting to "poof" if you will. That last push to make serious weight. Ive stopped all nutes at this point and will only be giving water.

Where abouts are you thinking of moving? Some things came up and i have the opportunity to go do some growing else where and i think im gonna jump on it. Gets me out of this city, into a slowed down area where i can relax and do me.

Would love to see picks of the new set up. Also, if you ever come across amazing deals, post them up, were all trying to grow on a buck.

4. Ok, got them up the way I want them --the pics

And I'm in the dead center of the Valley in Cali right now -- so for the moment, not out of state. I was thinking of farther up into Nor Cal or Fresno - two options so far.

Ah nice - post em if you got em! (pics) 

The thing is, where I am, the outside weather is so optimum for growing - I wish I had a yard. Living somewhere in Cali would open up so much potential space. Where are you again? 

And to be honest, the cheapest deal came in the pop-up ad from the GS forum home page ha. They were very Chinese though and had like 0 accountability, so that could be why everything was so cheap - the people I bought from had return policies 

5. Very Chinese.... ha.

Glad to see your ladies are looking much much much better than when you first started the thread. Feel like you have a better handle on things now?

I'm currently in Illinois, which is friggen just the worst. My girl and I are currently looking at places located in little tiny po-dunk towns... po-dunk is another word for butt fuck nowhere if it wasn't obvious. Think we may have found a place too, 3 bedroom, fenced yard for the dog, unfinished-two room basement(optimal for growing indoors) and a huge breaker panel for lots of electricity use.

I would love to grow outdoors myself and In all honesty, moving to California, or back to my home state of Oregon would be ideal for us. That's our end goal and this new opp is just a means to an end. 

6. #387 Ltsmash2014, Apr 18, 2014

The site was anyway - like hilarious broken english in their return policies. No Thanks.
    I'm sure the product is fine, all the parts come from China (or a vast majority) and I bet are still assembled there. And I love China.

Anyway, ya, sure do - in big part to a lot of your wise teachings - I'm eternal grateful, sensei 

Ahh, Illinois. I've never been, but I haven't heard much about it other that you saying it's the worst ha. The one-horse-ness of a town is nice sometimes, but that's where I grew up ha. Ahhh, a basement just sounds so optimal! Like, secure central. My biggest worry around where I live now is people B&Eing me for my grow/set-up/everything. It happens an awful lot around here. I'd take an impenetrable basement over anything. 

I have student loans I want to start denting or I might consider expanding more sooner. I'll work on moving first. Oregon must've been great -- I have a friend up in Washington, and dropping by his place takes me through Oregon - so green

7. oh btw, just added some mychorrizal assistance tonight :hello:  - so let's see how long it takes to HULK my plants  

8. So green indeed. Through out the years, Oregon has maintained a state of 97% forestation. They care greatly about preserving the natural beauty of the state. It doesn't matter if your east, south, west, north or dab in the middle of it all, Oregon is beautiful through and through. I miss it a whole lot too.

Washington is nice, but a bit rainier and a bit colder than OR. Still a wonderful place to be and live though. 

Cali is my last choice for living, both because of Cost of living and the shiesty antics of other growers trying to stomp out anyone not pushing 200 plants at a time... I don't want to be worried that my own personal hobby, or life, will be fucked with because some other asshole doesn't like me or thinks i'm impeding on there profits. like seriously.... wtf.

Illinois does suck. The city of Chicago has been decriminalized, but cops are so crooked and backwards that it doesn't even matter. Did you know that they(police) changed the motto of they're organization from "to protect and preserve" to "preserve and protect", like the laws come before the safety of the people now. Its so beyond screwed up. Growing here has been a constant pain in the ass but i love it so much that its worth the risk. I figure moving to a little hole in the wall town would be best... slow things down, keep to ourselves and not have to worry about looking over my shoulder all the time....

9. #390 Ltsmash2014, Apr 18, 2014
     Aye Aye Aye. Ya, Cali isn't all bad. But you definitely want to keep an eye open. Or just don't let everybody know what's happening behind closed doors. People will rob you, it happened to 3 friends of mine that were transparent about their grows. Where I'm at is pretty conservative, so there's not much sympathy from the law.
    Really though? in regards to the motto change? that's pretty bad. But I can only treat cops like individuals - I was an exec member of my campus' Criminal Justice club last year (so hilarious). A lot of cops of geniunly ok people - if a little dumb and ignorant. The system is flawed. Since being a huge asshole that writes lots of tickets pretty much means you'll become a successful cop a lot faster than an honest cop. Idk. It's a shame. 

A close personal friend of mine was one of the Berkeley kids that got peppersprayed, so I could go on all day about the justice system.

10. I agree with you completely. I dont hold all cops to the douche bag standard, but a handful, or more like 4 of 5 fingers are douches, the pinky cop, the little guy, thats the one you want. 

Just two weeks ago, i got pinched with an OZ, a scale, and stuff that clearly stated "you are dealing with a dealer". Instead of locking me up, the cops were very chill about it all, joked around, laughed, played with the weed a bit(which was super funny) and then let me go with the equivalent of a seat belt ticket. They were good officers, doing their jobs how they should be done. They even said sorry they had to write me the ticket, which i was cool with cause i wansn't going to jail. They have better things to do honestly than pop pot smokers.

Thats the goal, transparent as can be.

11. Hope everyone had a Happy 4/20  :hello:  :hello:  :hello:  :hello:

:bongin: blaze it :bongin:  :metal:  :metal:

:love:

12. I just got a house... with a huge basement!!!!

13. #394 Ltsmash2014, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    ohhh dude

pics or it doesn't exist
    ---------------------------------------

but no rush

ANYWAY, Day 68 - just thought I'd update

Planing on switching over to flower at Day 70 - Wk 10. I wanted to repot them into the 2gal Smart pots I had first though - any advice on when and how to repot going into flower? I want to try and get them in and out with time to rest up before the switch - which puts me at repotting tomorrow. thoughts?

14. Id say transplant them as if you would a 2 week old plant. let it dry out a bit, re plant and water. Then let her recover for a couple days and do the switch. they should both take to it nicely. That extra weight at the bottom from the larger container will also help balance both plants when they start putting on weight.

I dont know if ill take pics of the house... tryin to be transparent with it. but we'll see. Still in the process of setting up and cleaning up.

15. See, pretty sure I already fucked up. I don't have a car momentarily- and I didn't realize I was low enough on my Ocean Forest that I'd need more. So I wasn't going to walk across town with a fat sack of soil. They needed their water though, so I had to water. 

It might take them some time to dry up a bit - I only gave them about 800ml each - but then I should be good. If I transplant Wednesday night and switch to 12-12 Friday morning, think I'd be safe enough?

And ha. I get it, no worries about pics. just the saying

16. sounds like a good plan to me. Im sure it will all go well with minimal stress.

17. #398 Ltsmash2014, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2014
    SO DAY 74

(this time with pictures)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

It's been an adventure so far - and due to a scheduling error, looks like I'm gonna have these vegging for a total of 11 weeks. This coming Friday is when I'll switch the light schedule. 

I also figured I had left them too underfed for awhile. To optimize the light getting to the nodes I'd been bending and training away certain branches, and I got a little carried away. I started attempting a few shots at supercropping and went and snapped one. I haven't gone out for tape yet, so that is a bandaid- you can see in the last photo - but it works fine so far, and the branch has bounced back to where I wanted it. [​IMG]

Anyway, I'd been beating the plants up a bit so I figured once they dry from their last feed, I'll put them in the 3 Gallons (in the picture the potted plants are in 1's the 3gal is the biggest and 2 is the intermediate. duh.), water them down, and then let them chill out for flower. [​IMG]

So, tada.

18. also, I'm trying to plan ahead for the nutrient switch going into flower. 

I already have some Fox Farm Tiger Bloo lined up. any suggestions on a bud 'plumper' for lack of a better term? 
    Like one that promotes more to the bud - mass inducer, idk

:bongin:

19. Im all about that botanicare line. I use botanicare's liquid Karma + botanicare's CNS-17 Bloom + Fox Farm's Tiger Bloom all mixed at nearly equal reduced parts(cause your mixing more than one, you have to reduce by 10-20% dosage) and I've had great results this grow. I also hit them hard with FF grow big, though i only had about a quarter bottle and thats way post gone now. I know organic is where its at, but do yourself a favor and do your buds a bigger favor, at the very least, look into the botanicare line. Its about the most mild semi-synthetic you can get. It does have organic properties and is an amazingly easy line to use. Also your cross over stress from organic to botanicare is almost nill.

proof and things all from this current grow....

Iced Grapefruit at Day 58
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Another Iced Grapefruit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MK Ultra, Iced Grapefruit, White Widow and Mendocino Purps
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And one last shot of a White Widow top cola...
    [​IMG]