Help me find an interesting book to read.

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by GeetarFreak, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Ive been looking for something to read but cant find anything that interest me. Im open to most book genres.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Try Edgar Allen Poe, he writes some great poems and short stories. He really knows how to keep you on the edge of your seat. He is the master of literary devices. You could also try The Count of Monte Cristo. It's an epic story with all of the major themes; Love, Betrayal, Revenge. You follow the main character through his triumphs and fails. I really like to read books critically. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Ive been wanting to red edgar allen poe but havent found any of his work. Guess ive been to lazy to look online, but im gonna give him a try.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I've read some Alex Cross books which were pretty damn good. Also a fan of some of Piers Anthony's books.

5. Although I agree about all Poe books, but If your interested in modern day suspense and drama you should check out books from John Grisham. My favorite is the "Street Lawyer" great book!!!

6. Jack Herers The Emperor Wears No Clothes

You can even read it for free online.

7. Ham on Rye - Charles Bukowski
    Or,
    Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - Hunter S. Thompson

'Hey man am I driving ok?'
    '... I think we're parked man'

8. Try American Gods by Neil Gaiman.
    Awesome dark surreal fantasy novel, good to read whilst smoking (if you can do that, I know some people can't).

9. What do you like? What have you read before and enjoyed?

10. Monster-autobiographical non fiction about gang life in LA.

Under and alone- autobiographical nf about undercover atf agent

11. Lord of the flies

12. Where did you look so that you couldn't find Edgar Allen Poe?

Go to any library, any bookstore, or just do a search online...

13. #15 Grandpa kush, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
    I'd say anything by Charles bukowskie .
    I started with post office . And instantly had to read everything he ever wrote. Wish I could get some of his doodles.

Sent from your mom's phone.

14. There's a really awesome App called goodreads that helps with book recommendations

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Tracks in the Psychic Wilderness by Dale E. Graff is a great one on Stargate and remote viewing. If you listen to Art Bell you've probably heard of this.

16. Stranger by Camus

Sent from that phone I sent Dwight into the fire for.

17. fear and loathing in vegas

18. Raymond Chandler and Elmore Leonard are both really good if you're at all interested in crime and pulp fiction. And a writer who I've become particularly infatuated with is William Styron. He's a Southern writer and has written books like Lie Down in Darkness and Sophie's Choice, both incredible novels. Everything he writes is poetry.