I need help with the fox farm feeding schedule please

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Stealthsmokerman, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Ok I was going over the feeding schedule and it seems to me that I have some conflicting thoughts on how to do the dosage it seems like it is way too strong any pointers? Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

2. How old are the plants? Start out light, like 1/4 strength or even less.

3. they offer too many products at high dosages on that feeding schedule.. if you used everything they suggest at the recommended dosages, you may as well grow your weed in a bucket of salt.

I'd stick with "the big 3" at 25-50% and see how your plants respond. "grow big, big bloom, tiger bloom"

4. I have the trio and thanks for the info on the nutes. They are only one week old but I am not using any nutes till they hit 3 weeksWhy so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

5. #5 Hypoxic, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2014
    I use the ff trio. I barely used the grow big. I never went over 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of all 3 nutrients and I still got a little burn. And that was feeding once a week in flower and only a couple times in veg with the grow big only. If you hit em with the exact schedule they'll be fried. I'd start at 1/2 teaspoon per gallon and slowly work up finding the point where it's a little too hot and the tips start to burn than back off a touch.

Food for thought, a lot of good soils have nutes in them to support most plants through most of veg unless you veg extra long. Giving them nutrients at even 3 weeks old could be overkill and hurt them more than help.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I use the trio and everyone pretty much has it answered. I never really use grow big much.
    Like someone said, 1/2 teaspoon of tiger bloom amd big bloom per gal. is what I start with and depending on how it reacts, I might add more. I do this every other watering and it works great.

7. I have the trio too and I guess my plants are heavy feeders. I go by the schedule, the bottle, and use common sense. Yes, what the book says is different than what the bottles say. But honestly if you look at the book and have read the bottle of tiger bloom where it says "apply after first signs of flowers" then you should know to start your flower feeding schedule on the week it first says to give it tiger bloom and to veg with what it says for the weeks before that which is pretty much how I do it. For seedlings I use 3tblsp/pg of big bloom. Then when they start getting bigger I add 2tblsp/pg of grow big every other water and still use 3 tblspoons of big bloom every water. Now that I'm flowering I'm using 6tblsp big bloom and 2-3tblsp of tiger bloom per gallon. Was using 2-3tblsp of grow big too during the stretch but I cut that out after 2 weeks.
    Tiger bloom makes your water more acidic and can effect soil ph over time so it helps right before flowering to buffer your soil with lime. I'm growing in 5gal buckets and 2 cups of lime was plenty.
    Hope this helps, it was longer than I originally intended it to be.

• Like Like x 1
  8. [quote name="Bootfullofbuds" post="19356242" timestamp="1389936831"]I have the trio too and I guess my plants are heavy feeders. I go by the schedule, the bottle, and use common sense. Yes, what the book says is different than what the bottles say. But honestly if you look at the book and have read the bottle of tiger bloom where it says "apply after first signs of flowers" then you should know to start your flower feeding schedule on the week it first says to give it tiger bloom and to veg with what it says for the weeks before that which is pretty much how I do it. For seedlings I use 3tblsp/pg of big bloom. Then when they start getting bigger I add 2tblsp/pg of grow big every other water and still use 3 tblspoons of big bloom every water. Now that I'm flowering I'm using 6tblsp big bloom and 2-3tblsp of tiger bloom per gallon. Was using 2-3tblsp of grow big too during the stretch but I cut that out after 2 weeks. Tiger bloom makes your water more acidic and can effect soil ph over time so it helps right before flowering to buffer your soil with lime. I'm growing in 5gal buckets and 2 cups of lime was plenty. Hope this helps, it was longer than I originally intended it to be.[/quote]Yes thank you it helped a ton. What kind of soil do you use? Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

9. #10 Bootfullofbuds, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
    Right now I'm using half soil from last grow and half miracle grow lol I don't have access to any different kinds of soil so I gotta do with what I can. If it makes y'all feel better I wash it and cook all the added ferts and chicken shit out of there. Don't grow with chicken shit! The things those chickens go thru and the drugs they get fed! Don't want that in your smoke!But my ph is sitting at 6.2 right now steady. It really helps if you ph your water then ph your runoff that should give you a general idea on what PH your soil is. When I first started using tiger bloom the ph dropped to 5.5 and locked out some nutes so that's why I always lime before flower.

10. I tried using the exact dosage on their feeding schedule for the Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom and the 3 pack solubles + the Kangaroots and Microbrew. The plants turned into crispy critters. Those solubles are super hot. I have cut their dosage to 1/4 to 1/2 dosage with better results. I am thinking of stop using the solubles completely. I need to try a side by side with and without.

yeah i used to use the soluble "open sesame" at the end..
    ran a side by side with clones with and without and couldn't notice a difference at all..
    ended up using it in the veggie garden, the tomatoes liked it lol

was using FFOF soil, and honestly not much needs to be added when using that.. especially if you transplant into big poits right before 12/12

12. [quote name="АugustWest" post="19360529" timestamp="1390007415"]yeah i used to use the soluble "open sesame" at the end..ran a side by side with clones with and without and couldn't notice a difference at all..ended up using it in the veggie garden, the tomatoes liked it lolwas using FFOF soil, and honestly not much needs to be added when using that.. especially if you transplant into big poits right before 12/12[/quote]So you don't have to use ffof? With the ff line? Can you just get some top soil perlite and some peat Moss and use these nutrients and it should grow fine? Because at the garden shop that I go to when I move in the summer has ffof for 28$ for a 12qt bag I think that is way too much Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

yup.. as long as it's quality soil.

personally if you are going to go and buy soil making ingredients, i'd have a look at some threads in the organic section and build it right.

start here if you are interested. http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1116550-easy-organic-soil-mix-beginners.html

i just started learning about all of that stuff after using FFOF for about 10 years.. so I'm not one to offer much advice besides for that link.

14. [quote name="АugustWest" post="19362798" timestamp="1390055358"]yup.. as long as it's quality soil.personally if you are going to go and buy soil making ingredients, i'd have a look at some threads in the organic section and build it right.start here if you are interested. http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1116550-easy-organic-soil-mix-beginners.htmli just started learning about all of that stuff after using FFOF for about 10 years.. so I'm not one to offer much advice besides for that link.[/quote]Thanks man but I will probably start out using nutes and then switch in a few years Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

15. Lol I'm using the FF solubles in my mom's flower garden. That stuff is really strong and I was getting same results when I didn't use any of them. The roses and fuchsias seem to like it but lower the recommended doses though like you said

current grow
    <a class="bbc_url" href="http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/906719-greenbudguy's-%22perpetual%22-grow">http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/906719-greenbudguy's-"perpetual"-grow</a>

16. #17 holyreefer, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014
    Yeah following the chart you can easily be in the 2000-2700 ppm range that's what I did once i first started and killed EVERYTHING good thing for GC!

17. if you go onto the fox farm's website you can download the pdf for both the hydroponic or soil scheduals.  I personally don't use any of the foiler feed but do use the macro and micro nutes.  They do work great with a soilless mix like sunshine or fox farm soil.  If you start to see some burning of tips just back off the nutes for a few days and just feed with straight water.  Make sure to flush with clearex  or some other flushing agient once a week. Should be good to go.

18. I've never used the fox farm solubles, only liquid but my ppm is around 1200 with 2tblsp of tiger bloom, 3tblsp of big bloom per gal (flowering now, was similar ppm in veg, used grow big the same way, just swapped them for flower)Don't foliar feed with big bloom, it may seem like a good idea but that stuff it like chalk. I mixed 1tblspoon in a gallon, filled up my sprayer, gave them a good dousing, the next day it looked like my plant had a cocaine problem lol and it's not as simple as just spraying them with straight water to get it off either, I honestly took a piece of a wet rag and a cup of water and had to wipe them off. You can still tell though, and that was 6 weeks ago.