Reduce harshness of hits?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by reallyhighguy, Jan 15, 2014.

1. i agree, its the weed not the piece.  im smoking out of a dry piece and its smoooooothhhhhhhh

2. It's both weed and the peice. The shorter the peice the less time the smoke has to cool down. So it's hotter. It dosnt mean your weed is bad if it's harsh, different strains smoke expands differently in the lungs. And it's always been if you ain't. Chokin you ain't smokin. Meaning that the danger the nug the harsher the hits. Not entirely true but pretty close

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. What are you talking about? How does using the saying best of both worlds make him like miley cyrus? (assuming that's who you meant)

4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVjRe8QXFHY

5. Try playing with the carb, (repeatedly tapping it) that way it lets more air in and cools down your hit.

6. Haha oh.. never heard that song.

7. Man up and take a sip of water after

8. #28 SuperSaiyanStoner, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
    I love pipes imo, and harshness could have to do with the way your bud was cured too, or if your smoking lower grade stuff then don't expect amazing taste or smoothness lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Have some cold liquid(beverage, water?) in your mouth when you take the hit, hold the smoke in your mouth for a little bit to cool it down - swallow the liquid then inhale the smoke. I do it whenever I use metal pipes or I'm smoking a joint and it works wonders for me since I'm not used to inhale smoke.

10. i used to use my first little bong dry about 90% of the time. 

11. i used to use my first little bong dry about 90% of the time. 

12. for what reason may I ask

Sent from my N9810 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. well i was smoking something legal at the time and was very addicted. i was literally smoking all the time. so it seemed very inconvenient to have water in it all day. even though that's what i do now with weed but it was different back then.

14. Grow some nuts? Only advice I have

15. #35 hermione420, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2014
    Try selling your piece and buying a water pipe. You should have known better if you've smoked from dry pieces before and didn't like the harshness.

16. Really nothing you can do about it.
    I usually hold my tongue just behind my lips when inhaling, it helps keep my throat from burning as bad, but its not a significant change

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. i've never had a problem with dry pipes.  i have asthma and the heat never becoms TOO much, of course its hot but i don't really get too much pain out of it. i only use a spoon to take snaps, im sure doing that keeps the heat down and also just lick the top of the bud with the flame, don't scorch it, just put the flame over the weed and inhale until you get a good burn remove the flame, you only want it there as long as it has to be, you want less heat

18. The smoothest way to do dry hits is to get a metal pipe and put it in the freezer for 20 minutes or so. I got this metal pipe as a gift a while back that's like a cross between a sneak-a-toke and a giant bat. The inside is coiled so the smoke actually travels twice as far, so imagine how great that thing is when it's frozen!

19. cured weed is smooth through a pipe