INDOOR GROW SETUP WITH CRITICAL KUSH

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sham, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Bud should I remove all the infected leaves just snip the leaves off and leave the stem or just remove the stem with the leaves? I have like 10 leaves to remove and then I was gonna water it with a little fert calcium, phos and potass?

2. #22 Bootfullofbuds, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
    10 leaves spread out through 6 plants? I'd say go for it on the ones that look really bonked but if it's just a little spot or two I'd leave it.Like the first 2 pics u took they look fine but the 3rd one yea I'd take that one off

3. Should I just clip off all the dead leaves that are infected it looks abnormal I don't want it making it's way to the stem , should I clip off the leaves only and keep the branch or clip the branch with the leaves? Tomorrow ima feet them lightly and see how it works

4. Clip the ones that look like the third pic leave the ones that look like the first two. It doesn't move around like that. Just clip the leaf off not the branch

5. I hear you should i just clip the infcted leaves off to avoid spreading , and after i clip them just o light on the fertilizationsay about 20% of the actual dossage amount and water, What do you suggest,

6. a dude i read it to late I actually clipped of two branches , lol maybe I can say its a trim lol what do you suggest here on out

7. Are you flowering yet?

8. Yea day 5 of flowering now I may have stunt the growth a little but it should recover I'm a couple of day next watering I am gonna use blackstrap molasses. I sniped off two branches what's your take ?

9. Don't snip anymore branches. Are you seeing flower growth yet?

10. Yea I seeing flower growth their getting taller and thicker on the stems their all almost the same height . I have also noticed there stringy white hairs coming out from between the branch and stem the plant that I clipped the branches off looks better and is to showing these white hairs ? On Sunday ima feed them some molasses since it's high in calcium potas iron and mag do you agree? One teaspoon or table spooner gallon? Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Tablespoon per gallon of molasses. Yea the white hairs are pistils. That will be your buds. They just kinda grow out of themselves. You took some budsites off when you clips branches and that may effect your yield from that plant. But it's all good you live and you learn. Just don't take branches off at the beginning of flower next time lol

12. So I i Just removed te leaves and left the branch where would that bud site obtain its nutrients? Yea man I am excited So these pistols how many pistols usually per plant, i need to show you pics when i get home. Also what I noticed is that my god dam humidity at night can reach up to 70 percent or so, I dont think I need it that high during flowering so I have the fans on and also a carbon filter fan sucknig that hot air and moisture out , I also leave it on during the day so temps is about 80 with 38 percent humidity . Do you think my plants will like the molassess? Its kind of thick how do you mix it good with the water , shuld i heat the water first and then add a table spoon and mix it good and then dump it into the gallon of water?

13. The whole plant even the stems and buds photosynthesize. They don't make as much energy as leaves do but you can take all the leaves off a branch and it will still grow as long as it's still connected to the plant. Even the buds make little leaves people call them water leaves they grow out of the buds. So those branches u cut the leaves off wouldn't have been leafless for long especially during the stretch. I've never had a problem with molasses not wanting to dissolve in the water but you can do it however seems best if u wanna heat it go ahead. U need to keep the humidity 30-40% during flower. Anything higher than that and your bud will mold.

14. Bud check them out what u think? Day six flowering gonna water with molasses

Attached Files:

15. Plants are looking good. What size pots are you using? They look small. You will find that as the plants get further into flower the pots will dry out earlier. Be careful using bottled nutes, you can get lockout and have salt build up. Remember before the plants are harvest that about 2 weeks prior that the plants need to be flushed. I recommend that you try growing organically next year. No worry of lockout or flushing required. No chemicals and plants produce just as well if not better organically. It is a whole lot easier just adding water and an occasional tea. Plus I can reuse my soil without having to flushing it.

16. Hi Kronically, how are you? Well my plants should be ready to harvest by the end of march and then I am gonna start right back again, practically in a bigger grow tent , I think I am gonna go with  120x120X 78 and have 15 plants in there with three bloom boss 600 leds. The pots that I am using are three gallon pots, why do you ask? and how do I grow organically where do I start off with what soil and does this type of soil last me all the way from veg till harvet? What tea is this, sounds like a good idea, What is the advantage of growing organically and could you add molassess? Is the the Ideal420 soil any good? What do you think? Thanks I appreciate it , this is my very very first grow .

17. #37 Bootfullofbuds, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2014
    Lookin good man. If your leaves are extended out almost horizontal like that and green you are doin a good job. Just don't take off anymore branches lol how's the flower growth looking? Don't forget after 2 weeks slack off on the nitrogen and bump up the phoshorous and potassium. May I suggest you do some more reading before you get a tent and put 15 plants in it? Nothing against you or anything like that but there may be times where the life of your plant depends on your actions during THAT day cycle and when you need answers now you need an Oaksterdam Official Coursebook handy called "Ed Rosenthal's Marijuana Growers Handbook". This is the book I shared pics with you out of it only cost me $30 and I guarantee if you read it cover to cover you will be 100x more knowledgable about botany and just the cannabis plant in general. To me, this book is worth it's weight in gold. Full color pages and photos. Tons of other information not necessarily about growing but about cannabis and a lot of science about the plant that most people overlook or don't even think about. It contains everything you need to know about lighting, nutrients (including deficiencies and pictures of them/ symptoms), vegetative growth, flowering, hydroponics, soil, harvesting, drying and curing, indoors, outdoors, you name it, it's in there. If you don't feel like going out and finding it, buy the ebook I'm sure it's cheaper, and just as chock full of information. Just don't even think about it, buy it and read it. You will thank me later. Just for the record I am not affiliated with Ed rosenthal or oaksterdam or anything to do with this book. It may seem like I'm trying to sell it to you but I'm not at all. I'm just tryin to help. It's a great resource that would teach even the most basic of beginners how to grow like a pro. There's also another book called "cannabis cultivation" I got at BAM for cheaper, but it's not as well written. The handbook is like a college textbook for growing students, literally.

18. Hey bud whats up! all is well so far no worries. Just trying to maintain and keep up. I am going to keep a look out for that book for sure. I gave my plants Molasses yesterday, I warmed up some water up to room temp yesterday and added about a tablespoon into each gallon and a table spoon of Fox Farm big bloom and they must have grow seriously another inch. Literally. I check my ph this morning I was at 6.5  I am not even joking here. I will do more reading def and your a good dude. Let me ask you something for my next grow should I stick with pro-mix hp ? have you heard of dr. earth and or this ideal420soil >?  www.ideal420soil.com.

19. When they stretch, they stretch, you should see a pretty good amount of growth the first two weeks with it slowly tapering off after that. Inch a day is common. They are lookin good brother, can't wait to see some bud shots of the nice dense buds she's gonna make with that led.Wish I could help with the soil man, I don't have access to premium soils like that. I grow a mix of really really old garden soil and topsoil I dug out of my backyard lol soil around here is loamy sandy clay so it does pretty good, the garden soil is good soil I dug out of an old garden on the property. I also mix a little perlite and vermiculite to help with drainage and water retention and in the 5 gal bucket I mixed in 2.5cups of lime. Ph is 6.2-6.3 average with fluctuations +/- .2 depending on amount of nutes used. Actually I don't think it has went up from 6.3 since I quit using grow big. Tiger bloom is acidic that's why I buffered my soil with the alkaline lime when I transplanted into 5gal before flower. I've read good things about the pro-mix and also fox farms ocean forest. You know how to check for bud ripeness right? Don't wanna harvest that kush too early, could lose yield and potency, too late and the stone will be way too heavy, probably knock you out with the critical it's pretty stout when it's ripe lol. After so long the thc degrades to cbd and that's what give you the couchlock. Cbd also has medicinal value, more so than thc some people believe. Get a handheld microscope ~$10 at radioshack I got a 60x zoom and it works great. Around week 7 your gonna wanna start keepin track of what color your trichomes are, clear= no thc, cloudy= peak thc (or making) amber= degraded thc to cbd. Most harvest @ 70% cloudy, 30% amber but it's personal preference really, you picked the critical cause I'm guessing you like a heavy indica stone, so 70/30 should do you fine. If you wanted a more heady buzz you could harvest at 80/20 or 90/10 but if all are cloudy don't harvest because there's no way to know if it's made it's peak thc until you see it start to degrade. If you are looking for some serious narcotic go to sleep weed then do it 50/50 but beware this weed is not a game lol it WILL fuck your world up. I'm glad to help broski. Any questions let me know. I'm subbed to this thread so I get a email when you reply. I found you a preview of that book in PDF format, this isn't complete and it doesn't have pictures at all but it will get you started till you can get your hands on a hard copy. Mine is paperback, I'd buy it again in hard cover if I could find one that's how much I love this book I wanna keep it forever lolhttp://www.getfreeride.org/filmy/eBooks/ANG/The%20Marijuana%20Grower's%20Handbook%20-%20Ed%20Rosenthal%20-%202006.pdfPeace man, happy reading and growing

20. Bud how old are you and where you from ? bro-ham? Yea they are on seven day flowering I was thinking of raising the light up about antother five inches or so maybe siz don't want no light brun on the canopy what you think? right now there are about 15 inches away from the light but the LEDS are strong and bright. I bought the bloomboss 600 read about it... www.bloomboss.com  yea the critical kush is dank I heard, I have some training day, grape la, snowcap, from DNA Genetics, I have girlscouts cookies, green crack, sharks breath, sage ns sour, etc...

I want to get my hands on Landrace Afghan Kush, Purple Paralysis, Pakistan Valley, even Colombian Gold is legit! What strains have you rocked, by the way I am from New Jersey 35