INDOOR GROW SETUP WITH CRITICAL KUSH

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sham, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Hello everyone. I need some opinions and expertise. I am a new grower. I germinated successfully 6 seeds of Critical Kush on November 28. The seeds emerged from the soil on December 1. I have been vegging from December 1 up until now and I will flower on January 17, 2014. I don't really count the first two weeks of the seedlings life as a vegg stage so I started 2 weeks after giving the seedling stage 2 weeks. I have a 59x59x78 Indoor grow tent with two bloomboss LED 600.My temp is at a steady 79-81 degree farn height and the humidity is kept between 50-65 percent. Can you please tell me how my pants look so far and if there are any deficiencies. I need to know if the time is to flower now. I did about a month and a half vegg and want to kick it now to flower. I always had my light on for the 18/6 cycle or 17/7 cycle. I do prefer the plants to get some rest at a dark period and I spray them with a mister to cool them off three times a day to manipulate the rain and the drizzle. I need to know if they look healthy enough. I will post a pic from the seedling stage on December second to where they are at now January 17, 2014. They are in three gallon pots with pro-mix hp and I use fox farm liquid fert every other watering. Everyone one in a while I will provide them with a shot of Nitrogen a cup full as a snack. here and there. They are standing average about 13 inches each with the exception of the Big bitch at 16 -17 inches now. How much does each plant yield on average for you folks? I am gonna def need help on harvesting and curing. But please feel free to critique about my pictures below.  

Attached Files:

2. your plants look great man.GL

3. The plants look very nice.

Whatever you are doing , keep doing it.

4. Nice dude, they are the prime example of a well taken care of plant. Plenty of nitrogen, nice dark green leaves but no burns and not dropping or clawing or boating. How big are you wanting them to get? How many times have you grown?

5. Really you guys think I am doing a great job. This is my very first grow. I never grew before in my life, but I did endless amounts of research and reading. I really wanted to get this right. I appreciate the feedback. The starin here is Critical Kush. Let me tell you that these little fuckers are stanking up the place already even in veg. I just want some real true dank and some THC knock out delivery. I just need some advice on the flowering and what to do? I really need some good advice, on how often to water during flowering and whats the real true sign to harvest and what to do when i trim them and how to groom them and hang dry them and if it requires a certain humidity and temp when hang drying and why do some folks put them in jars. Thanks for your feedback all, real talk. My next round should be lethal. How were your first grow experiences and to be honest the bloomboss 600 LED light is awesome the penetration is amazing and no heat just straight light with a veg and bloom mode. How often am i supposed to fert during flowering?

6. Yea man you are doin a good job for your first time. You can't go wrong with a LED, you should see excellent results during flower. Like you said the light penetration is incredible and you should pull some nice buds even off the bottom of the plant. I'm sure you know how to flower, just switch the lights from 18/6 to 12/12 and watch the pistils grow. Plants do stretch during flowering, indicas are less but I had a super lemon haze that stretched from 6" to 3ft so just keep that in mind. You don't want them to get too big.My first grow was bagseed and I used cfl's. The second grow was one super lemon haze I got online. I used cfl's during veg and a 150w hps during flower and got about an ounce off her. My third grow was blue lemon Thai, I used the same cfl-150w hps setup as before and got about the same yield but I had a bud that was 18" long but it foxtailed. Good smoke.Now I've forked over the $250 for a dimmable 1000w and decided I would try it out on a purple diesel clone I got from a friend. I'm ~3 weeks into flowering and it's put off more pistils in the first 2 weeks than I saw with the 150 in about a month. You say you are using fox farms liquid? That's the same as me. If you've got the trio (big bloom, grow big, tiger bloom) the schedule says 3 tablespoons of big bloom and 2 tablespoons of tiger bloom per gallon, and 2 tablespoons of grow big every other water up until the last 2 weeks then quit using grow big. Kush plants are usually heavy feeders and love to be overfed. But I can't say for sure about critical kush u may want to google that before you go bumping up the nutes. There are all kinds of "bud enhancers" I had luck with advanced nutrients big bud. But you don't really need them. Use a tablespoon per gallon of blackstrap molasses too during flower, they love it. As for curing and drying, I don't feel like typing it all so I'm gonna share with you a few pages of a book I have called "ed rosenthal's marijuana growers handbook" this is the ultimate handbook and an official course book at oaksterdam university. I picked it up for $30 at Hastings. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389642141.226444.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389642186.726411.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389642283.942367.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389642386.458827.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389642474.292704.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389642519.875716.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389642576.093138.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389642626.442606.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389642666.075741.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389642688.742917.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389642742.342575.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389642775.642625.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389642802.359120.jpg

7. Honestly dude your a blessing and a real cool brother. How did you know Kush are some heavy eaters with the nutes? What is blackstrap molassess and when do I use that how do I mix it what does it do for the plants? Have you ever growm outdoors? Is it hard outdorrs. Dude I am so into this and for my first time I am appy to hear your feed back from you and the other brothers replying.  How was the super lemon haze and the purple disel? How much would a good ounce go for ?

8. #8 Bootfullofbuds, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2014
    [quote name="Sham" post="19333752" timestamp="1389646139"]Honestly dude your a blessing and a real cool brother. How did you know Kush are some heavy eaters with the nutes? What is blackstrap molassess and when do I use that how do I mix it what does it do for the plants? Have you ever growm outdoors? Is it hard outdorrs. Dude I am so into this and for my first time I am appy to hear your feed back from you and the other brothers replying. How was the super lemon haze and the purple disel? How much would a good ounce go for ?[/quote]Thanks for the kind words. God has blessed me with the knowledge and ability to grow this plant that he has so graciously given us so I just really like helping new growers cause I remember how I was and all the troubles I had when I first started. I have never grown a kush plant. I have read on multiple occasions that they like a lot of nutes, but it all depends on if they are full-blooded indica or how much indica is in the hybrid mix. I know firsthand that sativas don't hardly like any nutes. But like I said, do some research on feeding the critical kush before you go pouring more nutes in it. Blackstrap molasses, I thought it was just a wives tale, but it worked for me. In flower the plants like the sugar, I guess you could call it a sugar rush. But I had really frosty buds both times I used it. I believe advanced nutrients uses it in their "bud candy". Blackstrap molasses is high in sulphur too and the plants use that a lot during flower as well. I have never grown outdoors because it's not legal where I live. They treat us cannabis enthusiasts like murders down here. Years and years of misinformation and comparing it to other drugs like meth and heroin has made generations of people who just don't know the wonder and joy that they are missing out on. But outdoors, if you can get away with it, is where it's at. It's not uncommon to have outdoor plants that yield a pound or 2 and are over 10ft tall. Outdoors even the lower buds are fully developed. I believe you will experience that with your led's, whereas with my hps anything under the canopy is not worth keeping even with a 1000w. The term "lollipopping" shouldn't apply to you.The super lemon haze was an intense high. Very awesome terpene profile. The buds smelled like lemon for sure, but after you broke it down and put it in the pipe, if you smelled your fingers they would smell like black pepper and that's the haze part of it. It was very dense buds for a sativa and so resinous. I would recommend it to anybody and I hope I get the chance to put one under this 1000w.I'm not done with the purple diesel but here is some pics. Single plant scrog under air cooled 1000w hps. 2 weeks flowering as of yesterday. Been vegging for almost 3 months before I decided to flower it (was trying to fill up my 4x4 area this light is made for but said screw it after vegging foreverrrr)Oh and a ounce on the street around here usually goes for anywhere from $300-450. But don't sell man. Keep it out of kids hands and in a mason jar and in the freezer and sit on an awesome stash of the finest homegrown for a long long time. This is the whole reason I grow. To keep my money off the black market and I really don't like drug dealers they are worse than car salesmen. My gardens are strictly personal and if I was growing for anybody else they wouldn't get half the attention they do now but since they are goin in my lungs I like to do all the extra flushing and curing to make sure it's the best it can be. I'm not corrupted by money like most even dispensaries. If I lived in a legal state I would never buy from dispensaries because in the end, for me a "recreational user", all they care about is money. That's just not what it's about for me. #rant lolz ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389660512.127077.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389660552.443874.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389660586.242514.jpg .jpg]

Attached Files:

9. Do My plants look about ready to flower? Health Wise how do they look so far? I been veggin since December 1, How long does a flower cycle take and how do you know when its time to flower? how often do you fertilize during flower and what elements do you concentrate more on, please experienced growers help me out?

Has anyone also had Purple Paralysis, Afghan Kush, or Pakistan Vally and good reviews on those strains?

Attached Files:

10. Still lookin great man. How tall is your tent and how tall are your plants now? They are ready to flower, per-se, but it all depends on how big you want them to get. They will probably double in size the first two weeks of flower. Reading up on critical kush, it should only take 8 weeks to flower. If you have the fox farms trio just quit using grow big and use tiger bloom instead. Keep using the big bloom though. Just keep doing what your doing as far as schedule goes. But most people for the last week like to give straight water and flush the plant just to get rid of the nasty chemical fertilizers and give it a nicer taste. Good luck man

11. Plants are looking good. I would give a few more weeks of veg time before flipping to flower. U just started a Critical Kush seed and have read nothing but good things. It should give you a good yield and flowers for 8-9 weeks. It's heavy indica and shouldn't get too tall. Keep feeding veg nutrients for the first weeks or so of flowering slowly decreasing nitrogen and increasing flowering nutrients. I grow organically and don't use chemical nutrients. I plan to grow Putple paralysis outdoors this year along with others. You can't go wrong with either strain. I recommend taking a few clones before you flower that way you can keep critcial kush after they flower. Sounds like you did your research before you began growing. Keep learning and experimenting and your plants will continue to improve. I'm pulling up a seat to watch you plant flourish. Best of luck.

12. #12 Kronicly Insane, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
    By the way mollassas can be used in veg also. It gives the plant a boost plus make the buds sweeter in taste and helps build frosty buds.

13. Thanks brothers appreciate it. Each plant on average is about 20 inches high. There doing good so far. Do you think another few weeks of veg? I did a two week seedling cycle and started after those two weeks. I never di t5 or flour, I used straight led even during seedling just kept the distance about 42 inches away, the light is strong. I will use big bloom and tiger bloom together? I can use the two together in a gallon of water correct? My temp right now is 81 and 60 percent humidity. I am gonna flower tomorrow I just feel its time, and there stankin more and more every day. I usually turn my carbon filter fan on at night for about a good 1.5 hours or two to clean the air inside and get rid of dust and shit when I was veggin, now I have a feeling during flower I am gonna have it on for a while. Question fellas, what shold my temp and humidity level be during flower? I was reading to drop humidity to about 35 percent to 40 percent or better yet under 50. what is this molasses shit I been reading about and where do I get it from? shold I just continue what I am doing and forget the molasses? I don't want to screw shit up....

I got so many strain any one know about the DNA Genetics - Grape LA, Training Day, Snowland?

I was looking to get Afghan Kush, Pakistan Valley, Purple Paralysis?Anyone know of these?

I have still so manyother strains, Girlscout Cookies , Kosher Tangie, SAGE N SOUR, Sharsbreath ,Green Crack, Skunk 47 etc

14. Like I said, the plants are ready to flower whenever you get ready. It all depends on how big you want them to get. Yes you can use the big bloom and tiger bloom together in the same gallon of water. Molasses is sold at a grocery store usually close to the sugar.Temp and humidity during flower should be 70's and below 50% humidity. Also good air circulation is a must during flower and that has a lot to do with mold growth too. If you keep the air moving around the plants it's harder for the mold to grow. I like to put a oscillating fan on mine because the branches grow a lot stronger. During flower with the led, after the stretch is over, make sure you put that led as close as possible without damage. The amount of light gets cut in half every 2 feet of distance between the plant and the light. Not sure if that's really true for led's but I know that closer is better.

15. Hey Boot how are you and friends? I am in my second day of flowering see pictures below, I have a question I found a few leaves with some Yellow and some brown spots. I am not sure what that is or what type f deficiency it is? I really need some help as I noticed it on a few more leaves but the plant it self looks healthy and strong. I also found a few leaves way below the stem that were yellow or already fell off the stem and I just removed those . The few leaves I am talking about is yellow at the tip and with brown spots and the others have a few like small tiny gray sports. What should I do. A week before flowering I felt like I over feed the plant so the  last two watering's I gave it spring water and today for the first watering of flowering I gave it spring water again. The next watering I will give it tiger bloom and big bloom every other watering from there on out. So what are your thoughts?

Attached Files:

16. Lower leaves do get necrotic sometimes. I'd need some pics of the affected leaves to determine but brown spots on the leaves is most likely calcium. Could be phosphorus or potassium tho. Need pics. But let's not get too ahead of ourselves, the majority of the leaves look fine judging by the pics. Don't wanna go chasin deficiencies that aren't there. Like I said sometimes the lower leaves get necrotic and fall off especially if they aren't in direct light. If the upper leaves or the majority look as good as they do in the photo I would say you're good. Wait a few days

17. Here's what deficiencies basically look like. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390187726.497701.jpg

18. here you go, take a look an tell me what you think? should I flush, transplant into another 3 gallon pot with fresh soil pro-mix hp ?

Attached Files:

19. i would suggest cloning them now if u want to keep the strain. otherwise just use high phosphorus and potassium guano for soil put it on top of the soil and water it in. the brown spots are probly like u said overfeeding . also add molasses during flowering

looks good

20. #20 Bootfullofbuds, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014
    That is most definitely calcium deficiency. Add some dolomite lime to the top of the soil ~1/4 cup per gallon of soil. Mix it in the top two inches with your fingers and give it a good water. From "Ed Rosethal's Marijuana Growers Handbook" - "Ca deficiency stunts plant growth and makes the leaves turn dark green. Large necrotic (dead) blotches of tan, dried tissue appear. In severe cases young shoots crinkle and get a yellow or purple color. Necrosis appears on the lateral leaf margins. Problems migrate to the older growth, which browns and dies. Stems and branches are weak, lack flexibility and crack easily." ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390274039.530224.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390274069.978848.jpg It also goes on to talk about the role of Ca. "Ca strengthens plant cell walls and therefore stems, stalks, and branches, and it aids in root growth--mostly the newer root hairs. It travels slowly and tends to concentrate in roots and older growth. Ca also enhances the uptake of K."I believe calcium is the root of your troubles and is leading to a slight deficiency in potassium as well.