2014 DENVER HIGH TIMES CANNABIS CUP

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by atownbrown2319, Jan 13, 2014.

1. yea i wish the cup wasnt there i just want to chill in colorado on 4/20

sounds like you drank a full cup of haterade this morning

3. No he is saying the same thing I have also said. It's comeing from the horses
    Mouth and they still don't want to hear it.
    The sheepaple will flock. Baa

Give you $40 for the left....$18.50 for the right. No questions asked!

Im a sheep because I want to go to a festival where I get to see all things pot related??

They host the cup in many different cities. Its not exclusive to Colorado.

And why wouldnt they try to make as much money from it as possible? It is a business, you realize.

It's more than a business. It's like the SEMA of Pot. It gives industry leaders, and industry followers a chance to network and share ideas. And High Times has been a staple of the culture forever. Will there be problems? Yup. Will it still be awesome? Yup. 
    It's not just a good thing, it's a great thing. Have fun, support the industry...and don't give two shits about people that tell you not to support them. It ain't Wal-Mart and Seaworld.......It's our people. I'm kinda jealous. Have a great time. Maybe I'll make it next year since I'm planning a late 2014 move to CO.

7. #47 MrTea, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014

Lol.  Have you ever been to a Cannabis Cup?  Networking my ass.  You go there and smoke pot for free and get free shit.  That's it.  If you were at last year's Denver High Times Cup you would've noticed that about 30% of the crowd looked like gangbangers from L.A.  There were a lot of gang tattoos up in there.  It was a raunchy crowd.  The only "networking" that exists at a cannabis cup is how to get the hookup for a pound+.  Want to know how to network?  We are doing it right now.

Don't support High Times, they are the first pot corporation in the works.  Support local. 

8. lots of breeders hated the cup and said they wont be going back..id rather go to one of the smaller medical or secret cups

9. Those are where there at. A lot smaller better vibes. Not thugs rolling around trying to move weight. There are lots if ithwr great options on 4/20 in co.
    As I said last year. It's the out of staters that ruin it for the locals.

La med cup. Here I come.

10. #50 Bill O'Really, Jan 21, 2014

So you never shop at Wal-Mart, only buy locally grown produce and farm raised food from your community?
     I know horseshit pal. And that's horseshit.

FYI, it's open to the public. And only Dispenseries and shops LICENSED in the STATE of CO can enter. As for the gang bangers...yeah...it's weed. They love them shits.
    Free weed? Not this year.
    I really don't see why you are so bent out of shape. It brings money into the local economy, and DOES NOTHING to take money away. Simple economics my man. If you don't want to go, that's your buisiness. But telling everyone else to not go for some percieved slight?

BTW... I WILL SUPPORT HIGH TIMES. They've been around a lot longer than you pal. And they are where a lot of this culture got started. You kids didn't invent it. Did you think you did?

No I don't go to Wal-mart, nor any other corporation if I can help it.  Denver is all about local business and you can ALWAYS find local here, it's easy.  It's not a perceived slight if everyone who was there agrees.  ignorance is bliss though.

12. [quote name="Sgtstadanko707" post="19380180" timestamp="1390320463"]Those are where there at. A lot smaller better vibes. Not thugs rolling around trying to move weight. There are lots if ithwr great options on 4/20 in co. As I said last year. It's the out of staters that ruin it for the locals. La med cup. Here I come.[/quote]I will still be attending the cup but what other events are happening the week of 4/20?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Well, I don't know. And won't until I move there...Good for you. I fucking hate Wal-Mart and big corporations. And I too shop local. But just look at it this way....assholes come in form other states, act like assholes for a few days then leave.......and leave their money behind.

My state deals with Tour-rons (tourist morons) all year long...and they have started to move in and take over our state. I like to think I helped you guys out. I wrote your Governor, and a few of your Representatives in support of legalization several times over the last few years. I've done that for a few states.
      Unfortunately in my state the best we could do is a neutered MMJ law that allows for only ONE vendor (gonna be well connected I'm sure), and NO personal grows. And MPP supported it. So I do sympathize with you. And if the Cup is that big of a dissapointment to Colorado when I become a local, I won't support it either. But hey, you can't fault me for questioning. Some people are unreasonable.
      But I still give kudos to High Times. They have been there for a long time. It's just a shame that they have to go corporate to survive. It is up to locals to protect what they have, and it sounds like you are.

So I owe you an apology.

There is no use arguing opinions with you.

Raunchy gangbanger types with tattoos only scare you if:

1. youre a pussy\t
    2. youre a 65 yr old white male\t
    3. you have a stick up your ass\t
    4. youre racist\t
    5. you have a closed mind\t
    6. you dont smoke pot

I'll do what I want with my money, you do what you want with yours.

15. #55 sapien, Jan 21, 2014

oh my god, look at all the thugs and evil corporations!

16. Here's is the thing 4 u people who don't live in co this is something we want to experience. If it sucks then we won't go back . It's putting money in hotels restraunts , local transportation and dispencerys.. Also known as stimulating the economy.. Just cuz u don't like it doesn't mean we won't but u learn from ur own mistakes so let us make them... I feel like ur the locals at the beach hating on ppl coming to ur town To enjoy them selfs..

You sound like a real piece of work . I mean seriously , I could point out so many things and I just don't have the time or energy .

Please go find a thread where you enjoy posting positive things that enlighten people in some form . 420 this year im excited for .

All I ask is that you don't support this Cup.  Just support our other Cups.

19. Well this thread is getting outta hand lol Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

How can my Colorado-based medical cannabis dispensary compete in the Medical Cannabis Cup?
    Entry into the HIGH TIMES Medical Cannabis Cup is limited to legally operating, licensed medical cannabis dispensaries in the state of Colorado. For more information on entering an indica, a sativa, cannabis concentrates or medical-cannabis infused edibles, please contact us directly at **********"

thats straight from their website.

youre either misinformed or a silly man.